• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I guess we will shock the damn world

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the Cowboys are gonna shock anybody in a Week 5 game. Even if they win it, it will mean nothing if they lose to Washington next week. We just need to keep it in perspective, it's a big game, but it's Week 5. There are much bigger games down the road when you consider this is another inter-conference game and Dallas would still be undefeated in NFC play even with a loss tomorrow.

Personally, I don't think Dallas wins this game. I hope like hell that I'm wrong and that we win, but I just don't see it. My reasoning for this is the fact we don't execute nearly enough on offense and blow too many coverages on defense. Executing on offense will be kind of hard to do when a guy like Miles Austin is out. Not to mention that Harris will be gimpy. Do you really think this offense can execute enough and keep up with Denver with just Dez, Murray, and an aging Witten? I love the way this offensive line has played, but the Cowboys just don't have enough firepower to make use of it or more importantly, keep up with a team that's averaging 44 points a game.

You look at tape of Denver and all you see is execution after execution after execution after execution. Denver's defense will give up something, but I don't think we have enough firepower to take advantage. This game just reminds me a lot of the Patriots game in 2007 when they came to Big D with a high-powered unstoppable offense. The Cowboys were good, but they just didn't have enough firepower to keep up with New England. And keep in mind, that Cowboy team was undefeated and went on to finish 13-3. This is a .500 ball club.

Unlike what some people have said in this thread, I'd be very surprised if the Cowboys won this game. I just recognize the product I see on the field, recognize how good those Broncos are, and recognize that there are too many injuries the Cowboys have to overcome. I felt the Cowboy team that won in NO in 2009 was more than capable of winning in NO when a lot of people wrote them off mainly because they were a talented team and the fact that they were a fairly healthy team. I don't see the same thing here. I see a .500 ball club with too many flaws that will be missing too many key players on both sides of the ball to keep up with a high-octane offense.

Last edited by a moderator:

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I took the Cowboys and 6.5 even though I know we won't cover. Just couldn't bet against the Boys