• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I don't watch College Ball, but how good is this Ball kid gonna be?

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know much about him.. But from the highlights I've seen, he looks real confident in his abilities. Has that Swagger about him like he's better than everyone. He looks like a lankier more deadly version of Curry though from what Ive seen (deadlier because of his size and length) . Of course, the NBA is a big step up from NCAA.

I thought the same thing about Calbert Cheany and Lawrence Moten back in the day. Awesome college players from what I read about them. . Mehhh NBA players

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know much about him.. But from the highlights I've seen, he looks real confident in his abilities. Has that Swagger about him like he's better than everyone. He looks like a lankier more deadly version of Curry though from what Ive seen (deadlier because of his size and length) . Of course, the NBA is a big step up from NCAA.

I thought the same thing about Calbert Cheany and Lawrence Moten back in the day. Awesome college players from what I read about them. . Mehhh NBA players

Yeah there were so many guys who looked like they'd be big stars in the NBA: Joe Smith, Danny Ferry, Marcus Camby...

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You said you don't know much about him, so I will give you somewhat of a pass.

But:

1) there are 2 threads on Lonzo Ball already. Why the hell start another?
2) the biggest Knock on Ball is his shooting, and you just tried to compare him to Curry.

BallsOfFurry

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You said you don't know much about him, so I will give you somewhat of a pass.

But:

1) there are 2 threads on Lonzo Ball already. Why the hell start another?
2) the biggest Knock on Ball is his shooting, and you just tried to compare him to Curry.

I'd compare him to Jason Kidd in his broad style.

BallsOfFurry

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah there were so many guys who looked like they'd be big stars in the NBA: Joe Smith, Danny Ferry, Marcus Camby...

Camby was a superb defender and a very good rebounder. His offense didn't translate too well from college though.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's hard to say. I think he's a bit overhyped and probably the 3rd or 4th best guard in this draft behind Fultz, Smith, maybe someone else. I think anyone who thinks he should go first overall is crazy.

Anyway, he looks like he should be a pretty good player, not sure he will ever actually be a superstar. We'll see.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are already starting to be some detractors (which is normal). I don't know if he will be a star, but he has length, quickness and is a pass first point guard, so there will definitely be a spot for him in the league.

If he truly wants to be an elite player, he needs to learn to play adequate NBA level defense and he needs to work on his shooting.

Imo, Jason Kidd is his ceiling (which would be pretty darn good if he will do the work).

SU Nittany Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,096.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's hard to say. I think he's a bit overhyped and probably the 3rd or 4th best guard in this draft behind Fultz, Smith, maybe someone else. I think anyone who thinks he should go first overall is crazy.

Anyway, he looks like he should be a pretty good player, not sure he will ever actually be a superstar. We'll see.
Fox owned him in the sweet 16.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again though.

3 of the top 4 threads about a kid who hasn't been drafted yet.

Lavar Ball might just be the smartest man alive.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again though.

3 of the top 4 threads about a kid who hasn't been drafted yet.

Lavar Ball might just be the smartest man alive.

I've been saying this all along. Every clown move Lavar makes is on purpose, and it's working.

Maybe, so long as the number of threads about Lonzo on an obscure sports message board ends up translating to dollar bills.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe, so long as the number of threads about Lonzo on an obscure sports message board ends up translating to dollar bills.

Right, because the only place he's being talked about is on SportsHoopla, not on TV ever.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's overhyped. If you drill down on his numbers, he's nothing more than your typical lottery level PG guard prospect you see every year, not an elite level prospect. He's not an Anthony Bennett/Kwame Brown bust, but he's a hell of a lot closer to being just a capable non-all star starting PG than he is of being a POINT GAWD. Personally, I like Fox, Smith Jr, and Fultz ahead of him but I'm positive Ball will be drafted over all of them except Fultz (depends on the team)

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd compare him to Jason Kidd in his broad style.
This^

His ceiling is Jason Kid.

His floor is Michael Carter-Williams.

If he works on his funky ass shot, he could be a long ass Mike Conley Jr.

Good game manager, decent scorer.

Solid, not spectacular.

But, the type of guy every team needs.

He will get guys shots.

Inimical

Sports Hooplah Local Reporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's overhyped. If you drill down on his numbers, he's nothing more than your typical lottery level PG guard prospect you see every year, not an elite level prospect. He's not an Anthony Bennett/Kwame Brown bust, but he's a hell of a lot closer to being just a capable non-all star starting PG than he is of being a POINT GAWD. Personally, I like Fox, Smith Jr, and Fultz ahead of him but I'm positive Ball will be drafted over all of them except Fultz (depends on the team)
I like Ball but i want a player who plays defense as well.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Head to head Fox owned him.