• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How would you prefer college eligibility to be handled?

How would you prefer college eligibility to be handled?

• One and done (1 year in college, or kill the year another way...)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any wild speculation aside, a HS draftee is actually, literally at this point, 100 percent more likely to be the next CJ or Gerald than he is to be the next LeBron James.

...and the same can be said of any college draftee. You really expect another LeBron James?

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that @CitySushi tried to manipulate a question to get an answer he wanted to hear, yet still came up on the losing end, should be rather telling.

There are more collegiate draftees still in the league from that era than HS ones, and the HS ones are YOUNGER and not even on the cusp of pushing 40.
Umm, you missed the point. 85% of the draftees were collegiate draftees. Of course there are still more of them.

And you talk about not wanting players to burn out in the late 20's; the average NBA career is under 5 years, the norm is to burn out in the mid to late 20s. Why not let those who have the talent have a few more years of earning (coming straight from high school) on their limited career span? Why line the NCAAs pockets if they can make the leap to the NBA?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right, because oh so many kids grow up dreaming about being the next C.J. Miles or Gerald Green. Good call. :doh:

CJ Miles is finishing up the final season of a 3 year, $25M contract, which will bring him to $58,544,305 for his career through the end of '19/'20. Gerald Green will be at $27,497,685 after this season.

EVERY KID dreams of being a millionaire.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that @CitySushi tried to manipulate a question to get an answer he wanted to hear, yet still came up on the losing end, should be rather telling.

There are more collegiate draftees still in the league from that era than HS ones, and the HS ones are YOUNGER and not even on the cusp of pushing 40.

Yeah, I don't understand the call out when it makes no sense. Why so aggressive?

You're the only one here who doesn't see the flaw in your own logic in calling me out. All I was doing was indicating that the success rate of HS players (albeit in that small sample size of 5 years) is consistent or at the very least very close with the success rate of multi year collegiate athletes. For every Lebron there's a Robert Swift. You're absolutely right. But for every Tim Duncan, there's a Jimmer Fredette. Same things apply.

There's no consistent argument here. I didn't manipulate the question. All you did was read my name next to the post and your brain went completely dead and you just vomited all over the keyboard.

Here's the facts:

1) I stated my OPINION, relative to the premise of the thread. It provided that kids could be allowed to opt for the pros, but if they were not drafted, could go to college instead.

2) You then said they should have to wait till they're 20. I asked if that was an arbitrary figure and you said you believed its when they can handle it. NOTICE that I didn't reply one way or the other to it, because it's your opinion.

3) Then you decide you want to alter the argument saying that Gerald Green and CJ Miles aren't what kids dream of being. You were the one who changed the argument. Not me.

4) I responded with the success rate of HS players from the last 4 years of eligibility.

5) You just saw an opening to be argumentative and "call me out", when your call out didn't even make any sense.

Just stop for real. I'm not trying to pick fights with you. But then you go ahead call me out over shit that doesn't even make any sense. It's comical and I believe you're better than that. Prove me right and do better.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
mlb style... go pro if you want but if you enter college you are there for 3 years minimum. and there were hs kids in nba before kobe and garrett but it was the nba that started to deem everyone as worthy of that jump that fucked the game. looking at you kwame.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Umm, you missed the point. 85% of the draftees were collegiate draftees. Of course there are still more of them.

And you talk about not wanting players to burn out in the late 20's; the average NBA career is under 5 years, the norm is to burn out in the mid to late 20s. Why not let those who have the talent have a few more years of earning (coming straight from high school) on their limited career span? Why line the NCAAs pockets if they can make the leap to the NBA?

Great, let's promote clueless basketball and decrease our chances even further of seeing another LeBron James-level player.
I'm all good with that. :suds::D

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I don't understand the call out when it makes no sense. Why so aggressive?

You're the only one here who doesn't see the flaw in your own logic in calling me out. All I was doing was indicating that the success rate of HS players (albeit in that small sample size of 5 years) is consistent or at the very least very close with the success rate of multi year collegiate athletes. For every Lebron there's a Robert Swift. You're absolutely right. But for every Tim Duncan, there's a Jimmer Fredette. Same things apply.

There's no consistent argument here. I didn't manipulate the question. All you did was read my name next to the post and your brain went completely dead and you just vomited all over the keyboard.

Here's the facts:

1) I stated my OPINION, relative to the premise of the thread. It provided that kids could be allowed to opt for the pros, but if they were not drafted, could go to college instead.

2) You then said they should have to wait till they're 20. I asked if that was an arbitrary figure and you said you believed its when they can handle it. NOTICE that I didn't reply one way or the other to it, because it's your opinion.

3) Then you decide you want to alter the argument saying that Gerald Green and CJ Miles aren't what kids dream of being. You were the one who changed the argument. Not me.

4) I responded with the success rate of HS players from the last 4 years of eligibility.

5) You just saw an opening to be argumentative and "call me out", when your call out didn't even make any sense.

Just stop for real. I'm not trying to pick fights with you. But then you go ahead call me out over shit that doesn't even make any sense. It's comical and I believe you're better than that. Prove me right and do better.

You asked me to make a list of college draftees from 2005 and earlier that are still in the league today, and I did - Even against my own wishes.

You just didn't like what I had to say, and it's all it really comes down to. Has nothing to do with "fights" or whatever other reasoning/logic you decide to come up with and/or manipulate.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You asked me to make a list of college draftees from 2005 and earlier that are still in the league today, and I did - Even against my own wishes.

You just didn't like what I had to say, and it's all it really comes down to. Has nothing to do with "fights" or whatever other reasoning/logic you decide to come up with and/or manipulate.

If that's what you took away from my post, then LOL.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great, let's promote clueless basketball and decrease our chances even further of seeing another LeBron James-level player.
I'm all good with that. :suds::D
And, if you don't see the irony, LeBron came out of high school.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris Paul, Marvin Williams, Vince Carter, Kyle Korver, Andre Iguodala, Joe Johnson, Trevor Ariza.

That's seven right there and might be missing some, so fuck off.

When you end a response to someone ",so fuck off." I would say it has a little more than not liking what you are saying.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You see, @trojanfan12 As already noted, my posts draw crowds. That's somehow a bad thing? :scratch:

As I said before, if you think folks lining up to mock, laugh at and tell you how wrong you are is a good thing, more power to ya.

I mean, it's more clicks for the site and more entertainment for everyone else.

It just seems like an odd way to seek attention.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
giphy.gif

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I said before, if you think folks lining up to mock, laugh at and tell you how wrong you are is a good thing, more power to ya.

I mean, it's more clicks for the site and more entertainment for everyone else.

It just seems like an odd way to seek attention.

I was gonna use a metaphor, but then I didn't want Cane to think I actually thought he was a Kardashian.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

2003 is ancient have history, bro. Keep deluding yourself into thinking that pig is going to fly again.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2003 is ancient have history, bro. Keep deluding yourself into thinking that pig is going to fly again.
What is your point about 2003 being a long time ago? Has nothing to do with the talent coming out of high school. Zion would have been fine in the NBA last season. Why should he have to risk a career ending injury to make the NCAA money?

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is your point about 2003 being a long time ago? Has nothing to do with the talent coming out of high school. Zion would have been fine in the NBA last season. Why should he have to risk a career ending injury to make the NCAA money?

Well if you suffer a career-ending injury at age 18 chances are you're screwed regardless of what level you play at, FYI. I'm sure you're going to argue the "money" card, but I'd argue that some things are simply more important than money, such as education and experience.

Teenagers aren't mature, plain and simple. And this is coming from a guy who blogs about my local HS girls basketball scene, so therefore I'm able empathize with them in many ways.