• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I don't think a 2-loss team should be ranked above an undefeated team at this point

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After 4 weeks of play, I think a 2-loss team should be below all undefeated teams in rankings. I don't have a problem with a 2-loss team above a 1-loss team or a 1-loss team above an undefeated team.

The AP Poll has Texas A&M and Auburn ranked above Houston, and I don't agree with that. Coaches has Houston above both teams.

metal_frk_334

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The AP has a hard time admitting they were wrong. Florida wasn't expected to be anything special this year, so they weren't ranked highly. Now they have lost to the #1 and #2 teams in the nation and are out of the rankings. Auburn on the other hand was simply thrown a bone for being the defending champs and then managed to beat one of the most overrated teams in the cfb this year, South Carolina. Now they are hanging in over Florida after losing to Clemson and Arkansas.

Given the circumstances the only conclusion you can draw is that losing to Arkansas is more acceptable than losing to Alabama and LSU combined. (Texas A&M and Auburn both lost to Arkansas.) Even if that same Arkansas team lost to Alabama by the same tune that Florida lost to Alabama. This is the completely moronic rationalization that comes with the AP poll.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The AP has a hard time admitting they were wrong. Florida wasn't expected to be anything special this year, so they weren't ranked highly. Now they have lost to the #1 and #2 teams in the nation and are out of the rankings. Auburn on the other hand was simply thrown a bone for being the defending champs and then managed to beat one of the most overrated teams in the cfb this year, South Carolina. Now they are hanging in over Florida after losing to Clemson and Arkansas.

Given the circumstances the only conclusion you can draw is that losing to Arkansas is more acceptable than losing to Alabama and LSU combined. (Texas A&M and Auburn both lost to Arkansas.) Even if that same Arkansas team lost to Alabama by the same tune that Florida lost to Alabama. This is the completely moronic rationalization that comes with the AP poll.

Ooh well.

The AP is not used in the BCS so it really doesn't matter what they vote anymore. Just water color talk.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Do you really think the only reason that Florida is out of the rankings is because of who they lost to? No, its because they have two losses and their best win is Tennessee (right now, i dont think a Tennessee win is as impressive as a USC win, do you?). Auburn is just as deserving as Florida (even though i dont think any two loss teams should be ranked right now) If you want to make an argument that the AP doesnt like to be wrong, then use Oregon as an example. They are the top ranked one loss team even though they have beaten nobody. Michigan, Georgia Tech, Illinois, Kansas State have better wins, and no losses but Oregon is ranked higher now because they were at the beginning of the year. West Virginias wins are just as impressive as Oregons and both teams lost to LSU.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For those that don't agree and think that Houston should be ranked under them because A&M and Auburn would beat them - If A&M loses to Oklahoma and Auburn loses to LSU and Houston doesn't lose in that time frame, should undefeated Houston still be below A&M or Auburn?

metal_frk_334

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Do you really think the only reason that Florida is out of the rankings is because of who they lost to? No, its because they have two losses and their best win is Tennessee (right now, i dont think a Tennessee win is as impressive as a USC win, do you?). Auburn is just as deserving as Florida (even though i dont think any two loss teams should be ranked right now) If you want to make an argument that the AP doesnt like to be wrong, then use Oregon as an example. They are the top ranked one loss team even though they have beaten nobody. Michigan, Georgia Tech, Illinois, Kansas State have better wins, and no losses but Oregon is ranked higher now because they were at the beginning of the year. West Virginias wins are just as impressive as Oregons and both teams lost to LSU.

All good points, but Auburn's win over SC is not impressive at all. I'm not sure if you watched that game, but Garcia was Auburn's best defender. The guy is such a choke artist that he should have gotten a fine arts scholarship instead.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All good points, but Auburn's win over SC is not impressive at all. I'm not sure if you watched that game, but Garcia was Auburn's best defender. The guy is such a choke artist that he should have gotten a fine arts scholarship instead.

its still a better win than Tennessee.

LSUfanFloridaAlumni

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I wouldn't rank Houston. They have played no one and nearly lost to La Tech.

Schedule matters.

You could give Vanderbilt Houston's schedule and they would probably be undefeated right now.

TexasFight98VI

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Schedule matters.

You could give Vanderbilt Houston's schedule and they would probably be undefeated right now.

MIss State almost lost to LA Tech and you SEC homers were still pimping out Miss State as a tough SEC team. Just saying........

metal_frk_334

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
MIss State almost lost to LA Tech and you SEC homers were still pimping out Miss State as a tough SEC team. Just saying........

Really? I have not seen that. Seriously, the common comments I hear from SEC fans is how Miss St was horribly overrated. LSU fans might point to that win since they were ranked when they beat them, but that should be the only people you hear that from. Aside from the media that have been trying to bolster LSU all year long.

bchampy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wrote State Miss off week two as being overrated.

Maybe the Auburn "win" over USC would be more impressive than a win over UT if the ending wasn't such a clusterfuck and Garcia hadn't played like shit.

I'm not arguing UF over Auburn though. That question will get settled this weekend.

I just agree with the OP and metalfreak about the AP poll.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Schedule matters.

Houston would probably be undefeated with Stanfords schedule...

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Auburn lost to 2 top 10 teams Arky and Clemson. They prob arent realistically a top 25 team but neither is Houston by those same standards. Almost losing to La Tech is worth about 3 losses in my mind. As far as i am concerned the analysts are asked to rank who are the the best 25 teams in order, NOT who has the best record of beating cupcakes.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Auburn lost to 2 top 10 teams Arky and Clemson. They prob arent realistically a top 25 team but neither is Houston by those same standards. Almost losing to La Tech is worth about 3 losses in my mind. As far as i am concerned the analysts are asked to rank who are the the best 25 teams in order, NOT who has the best record of beating cupcakes.

I have had that debate with people before. Are we supposed to rank teams based on who we think would win? Or are we supposed to rank them based on their season so far? 2 different things IMO.