• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I don't really get what people wanted

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wasn't, actually, but go on anyway.

"Mike will let me down as assistant manager. Just like Ben did."

The comparison of two objects is being implied instead of stated. Indirectly, they are being compared.

Nelly

Respectin' hoes, nationwide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do I want?

We've now spent a net of 4 draft picks on the QB position in the past 3 years and what do we have to show for it?

We had not-so-arguably the worst duo of quarterbacks in the league last year (the one we DIDN'T spend draft picks on was actually one of the most expensive backups in football...WTF) And now, this season, we have an at-best average QB in Foles that was deemed expendable by another team for a guy THEY JUST DRAFTED. Jaguars fans are bouncing off the walls right now. We actually bailed that sh*tbag team out of one of the worst QB signings of the past few years.

And in acquiring Foles and paying him, we are allocating resources we NEED for other glaring holes.

The only positive of this is that we are acknowledging that we're so horrendous at QB that we needed to just say f*ck it and figure the rest out in the wake. That had to happen...but this is damage control at this point...not being proactive. It should be seen with a shadow of doubt.

So "I don't really get what people wanted"...You know, let's start with how about not seeing my team forced into a corner by having the f*cking worst quarterbacks in football...How about that?

Fine...Yay Nick Foles. Happy now?
You can't change the past. Pace fell in love with Mitch, swung big on him and missed. All GMs miss at times you just hope that it's not on the big decisions and just the small ones. The only blemish on Pace's resume really are Kevin White, Leonard Floyd and Mitch Trubisky. Big misses for sure but he's done a lot of good as well. Can't just throw the baby out with the bath water.

Turn it around and look at it this way. If Pace hit on Mitch similar to how the Chiefs hit on Mahomes, we'd quite possibly be the superbowl champs this year. That doesn't happen with a stellar QB and nothing else.

Does firing Pace for his missteps automatically get us a stellar QB when we've literally not had one of the best QBs in the league in the last 75 years or so? Of course not.

Pace took over from the wretched Angelo and Emery years, and he's turned the team around rather well. Had a let-down year last year but i'm with richi here on this one. What else can Pace realistically do considering where we are right now?

Nelly

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no doubt that swinging and missing at QB's at 2nd overall will fuck you.

In an alternate universe where Pace didn't sign Hicks and trade for Mack. We've probably already blown up everything and moved onto yet another regime.
And have some big hits in the middle and later rounds of the draft.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't change the past. Pace fell in love with Mitch, swung big on him and missed. All GMs miss at times you just hope that it's not on the big decisions and just the small ones. The only blemish on Pace's resume really are Kevin White, Leonard Floyd and Mitch Trubisky. Big misses for sure but he's done a lot of good as well. Can't just throw the baby out with the bath water.

Turn it around and look at it this way. If Pace hit on Mitch similar to how the Chiefs hit on Mahomes, we'd quite possibly be the superbowl champs this year. That doesn't happen with a stellar QB and nothing else.

Does firing Pace for his missteps automatically get us a stellar QB when we've literally not had one of the best QBs in the league in the last 75 years or so? Of course not.

Pace took over from the wretched Angelo and Emery years, and he's turned the team around rather well. Had a let-down year last year but i'm with richi here on this one. What else can Pace realistically do considering where we are right now?

What else can Pace realistically do considering where we are right now?

All I was saying, yes. Nobody can go back in time and take Mahomes over Mitch. We had like 5 realistic options in vet QB's. No one is saying to jump for joy. But going off on a rant about the past is just keyboard vomit. Crying about Foles because you're still sore about the Trubisky pick? Really?

Oh, and...

Get ready for a 4-5 paragraph reply where he only 10% addresses anything you've mentioned here and 90% goes off on a tirade regurgitating the same tired points he makes in every thread.

Nelly

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What else can Pace realistically do considering where we are right now?

All I was saying, yes. Nobody can go back in time and take Mahomes over Mitch. We had like 5 realistic options in vet QB's. No one is saying to jump for joy. But going off on a rant about the past is just keyboard vomit. Crying about Foles because you're still sore about the Trubisky pick? Really?
I'm definitely a glass 3/4 full kinda guy. Looking at things from a far higher view than just football, why are you putting yourself through this mental anguish if you're just gonna be pissed off about everything that the Bears have or haven't done? Do you like the Bears and like football? It's yes or no. So you have two options:

1. Watch the Bears because it enriches your life in some way.
2. Don't watch the Bears because it just angers, frustrates you or saddens you.

If all you want to do is bitch about the state of the team and lament what could have been then all you're really doing is torturing yourself. I like the Bears, i like watching them, so i'm going to look for reasons to be optimistic about their chances. But if they suck, oh well, can't change it so might as well look ahead.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Mike will let me down as assistant manager. Just like Ben did."

The comparison of two objects is being implied instead of stated. Indirectly, they are being compared.

If I said someone on this board just did a richi….that wouldn't mean I'm comparing them to you directly or indirectly.

It would mean someone either just wrote a holier than thou condescending post or wrote 87 paragraphs that realistically could have been a few sentences. While it may technically be a comparison....that's not really the motive behind saying it.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I said someone on this board just did a richi….that wouldn't mean I'm comparing them to you directly or indirectly.

It would mean someone either just wrote a holier than thou condescending post or wrote 87 paragraphs that realistically could have been a few sentences. While it may technically be a comparison....that's not really the motive behind saying it.

No, it's a comparison.

I also know that old men don't have good attention spans, it's fine. I'm not offended.

*I just did a BS.*

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also know that old men don't have good attention spans, it's fine. I'm not offended.

I have a pretty good attention span. Made it through The Irishman without falling asleep once.

But typically by your third paragraph I'm like "fuck me, this guy has already repeated himself 4 times and is just saying the same thing over and over again with different words."

*I just did a BS.*

Yeah really aiming high there.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm definitely a glass 3/4 full kinda guy. Looking at things from a far higher view than just football, why are you putting yourself through this mental anguish if you're just gonna be pissed off about everything that the Bears have or haven't done? Do you like the Bears and like football? It's yes or no. So you have two options:

1. Watch the Bears because it enriches your life in some way.
2. Don't watch the Bears because it just angers, frustrates you or saddens you.

If all you want to do is bitch about the state of the team and lament what could have been then all you're really doing is torturing yourself. I like the Bears, i like watching them, so i'm going to look for reasons to be optimistic about their chances. But if they suck, oh well, can't change it so might as well look ahead.

The Bears pretty much torture me. However, bitching about a sports franchise is the easiest thing you can do. Of course, it's PROBABLY NOT going to work out. Your team will ALMOST CERTAINLY NOT win the title in any given season. Roughly 99% of coaches get fired without winning a ring. 99% of QB's to start a game DON'T turn into legitimate franchise options.

Anybody can predict every single QB, HC or regime to fail and be right most of the time. It's a lazy position.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a pretty good attention span. Made it through The Irishman without falling asleep once.

But typically by your third paragraph I'm like "fuck me, this guy has already repeated himself 4 times and is just saying the same thing over and over again with different words."

Yeah really aiming high there.

So, basically. You just took a version of what I said about Jiddy earlier in the thread and said it to me. lol

We got along until recently, BWW. That happens on this board. I am long winded as fuck sometimes, no doubt. We just need a break or something. I'll circle back to ya down the road.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not calling for Pace's head...I think it's likely he'll be an unfortunate casualty of what's happened at QB (and possibly coach...but still holding out hope Nagy's not as bad as it appears he may be). "What do you people want?" As if it's not obvious why people aren't going bonko over Foles. *shrugs*

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First of all, no one should really love or hate the Foles trade. On the one hand, it's not as if we're getting a perennial all pro coming to our rescue. Then again, we're not getting a head-scratching, incredibly inconsistent Trubisky redux either. My main concern with Foles is his ability or lack thereof to stay healthy. If he can remain upright for 16 games, I believe we'll at least get a modicum of consistent play from him, and the ability to read the entire field without the panic in the process. If he can deliver this on a regular basis, coupled with our still-ferocious defense, we could see a return to postseason activity this year.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not calling for Pace's head...I think it's likely he'll be an unfortunate casualty of what's happened at QB (and possibly coach...but still holding out hope Nagy's not as bad as it appears he may be). "What do you people want?" As if it's not obvious why people aren't going bonko over Foles. *shrugs*

What? Do you even read? I'm just floored by your consistent inability to grasp even rudimentary, basic concepts.

The thread basically starts off with an OP consisting of "of course we're not in love with Foles or embracing our savior". This concept is re-iterated OVER... AND OVER throughout the thread.

But yet, here you are, Jiddy. STILL unable to understand what ANYBODY is talking about.

It's utterly and completely astonishing how far your head is up your own ass.

Here we go again... No one is saying you should be "going bonko over Foles".

What IS being said is... what more did you expect out of a process where Nick Foles, Andy Dalton, Marcus Mariota, Teddy Bridgewater and Cam Newton were your options?

Jiddy, why are you making me type that for like the 4th or 5th time? Just why?

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What? Do you even read? I'm just floored by your consistent inability to grasp even rudimentary, basic concepts.

The thread basically starts off with an OP consisting of "of course we're not in love with Foles or embracing our savior". This concept is re-iterated OVER... AND OVER throughout the thread.

But yet, here you are, Jiddy. STILL unable to understand what ANYBODY is talking about.

What IS being said is... what more did you expect out of a process where Nick Foles, Andy Dalton, Marcus Mariota, Teddy Bridgewater and Cam Newton were your options?

da319fed689edb53ced39dcce7c995f6.jpg

Feel better now?

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

FTR, I don't owe you anything with my posting. And if I chose to post the same f*cking thing 8 million times...I'll do that. If you choose to go on a rampage of trying to prove what or what I am not worthy of on your own scale of intelligence, that is YOUR problem. Suck it up Buttercup. People aren't going to fall into your line because you deem they should. Just what it is.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It isn’t the QB, it’s the $20 million that bothers me.... If it hinders us from better signings at other positions? It isn’t terribly wise.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It isn’t the QB, it’s the $20 million that bothers me.... If it hinders us from better signings at other positions? It isn’t terribly wise.

I think it was more like 16ish million this upcoming season after the restructure. So not horrible when you consider what some teams pay their QB's...but even at that , I swear if Mitch "wins the competition" and is opening day starter...I may flip my sh*t.

I'm on the Big Dick Nick train come hell or high water. We brought him in because Mitch sucks. Period. Don't f*cking gimme this 16 million dollar backup "because camp competition" sh*t. Let's see if the team can win with a serviceable QB, as ol' richi claims. I have my doubts, but gimme that glimmer of hope with Foles. No more "Touchdowns are miracles" Trubisky games. I don't care what happens in practice/camp. I want the proven player. We deserve that as fans while the D is still stout.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Moving back to football. I would have chosen Bridgewater personally. Not much more money-wise but we were f*cked with money anyway...I didn't want us to sink any more picks into this disaster.

The Bears agreed with me is my understanding. Rumor out there is that Teddy chose not to play here to avoid competing with Mitch. Which could be wrapped back into an argument that maybe we didn't want him after all? Hmmm...

Nelly

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Part of the deal was Jacksonville eating about $30 million of the contract for us.