• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I do not want a GM.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a GM is gonna eventually cost us Kyle Smith. Cooley identified McVay before he even became the O.C. of the Skins. Said McVay would be a HC as soon as he was drafted an interview.

Cooley has basically said Kyle is the McVay of our front office. Kyle according to a site had three of the top twenty picks in last year's draft. This doesn't even take into account that the 15th pick was taken from him by Dan.

Now if we can get a GM to be a figure head of sorts, keep Dan at bay, and let Kyle run the draft and player personnel, I'd be okay with that.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
some on this board want an outside person as GM . smith has hit on more then just the last draft and if he hits on this one then you have to consider him

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
some on this board want an outside person as GM . smith has hit on more then just the last draft and if he hits on this one then you have to consider him
I am one. The reason is that the GM job is not just about talent evaluation. They are responsible for all football operations. Smith may be talented as an evaluator, but that doesn't mean he know how to run a football franchise. And he has never been anywhere else. So he has no frame of reference on how a successful GM runs a franchise. And with all due respect to Cooley, neither has he.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am one. The reason is that the GM job is not just about talent evaluation. They are responsible for all football operations. Smith may be talented as an evaluator, but that doesn't mean he know how to run a football franchise. And he has never been anywhere else. So he has no frame of reference on how a successful GM runs a franchise. And with all due respect to Cooley, neither has he.

his job will mostly be about talent evaluation much like SM was and if he hits you have to at least look at him . it doesnt matter to me if he has been anywhere else and one thing for sure he has seen how not to run a football operation

and no one has run an NFL franchise until they have run one , you have to start somewhere and being able to spot and evaluate talent is a huge advantage

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can always point to a John Lynch or an Ozzie Newsome. The reason why I started this thread was because I assumed whoever they bring in is gonna want to make draft day decisions. If they leave that up to Kyle, I'm fine. However if Kyle keeps hitting on draft picks they way he has, someone else is gonna swipe him and give him that GM title and we're all gonna be sitting yapping about how we had him in the building.

As a franchise we always value everyone else's personnel over our own. Pierce, Cousins, McVay, Lafleur, Kyle........

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
disregard.....link I wanted to post required an app download. Basically said Kyle is the Redsksins best kept secret and they are trying to keep it that way. From The Athletic.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
20200120_104553.jpg

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
20200124_093400.jpg

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The most productive rookie class of 2019 eh. So this sounds like a poll/survey conducted after the 2019 season. If possible I wouldn't mind taking a gander or two at that particular article.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can always point to a John Lynch or an Ozzie Newsome. The reason why I started this thread was because I assumed whoever they bring in is gonna want to make draft day decisions. If they leave that up to Kyle, I'm fine. However if Kyle keeps hitting on draft picks they way he has, someone else is gonna swipe him and give him that GM title and we're all gonna be sitting yapping about how we had him in the building.

As a franchise we always value everyone else's personnel over our own. Pierce, Cousins, McVay, Lafleur, Kyle........

That 2005 squad with AP could've competed for a SB title imo in the next couple years. What we needed after the 2005 season was a good tune-up and maybe some tires. Instead we went out n got a whole new engine with Saunders. Then Joe G wouldn't let Saunders run it till Campbell went down. Sigh.....................what could've been.

Our lack of valuing our own has shifted to the coaching ranks of late.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The most productive rookie class of 2019 eh. So this sounds like a poll/survey conducted after the 2019 season. If possible I wouldn't mind taking a gander or two at that particular article.

The link is in “redskins news” thread

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ESPN and PFF both said we had the best draft. PFF gave McLaurin the highest grade they have given a rookie WR since Odel Beckham Jr.'s rookie grade.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That 2005 squad with AP could've competed for a SB title imo in the next couple years. What we needed after the 2005 season was a good tune-up and maybe some tires. Instead we went out n got a whole new engine with Saunders. Then Joe G wouldn't let Saunders run it till Campbell went down. Sigh.....................what could've been.

Our lack of valuing our own has shifted to the coaching ranks of late.

Loved those 05 and 07 teams. After going through what we've been going through, those teams look a lot better.

1. The death of Sean
2. Rogers dropped pick6
3. Gibbs sticking with Brunell and not going and getting another QB better than Campbell and Collins in that span to challenge Brunell.
4. Letting Pierce and Clark walk.

Those four are what I believe kept those teams from reaching a NFC Championship, and like you said, Gibbs getting a little insecure, listening to the outside noise and turning things over to Saunders.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Loved those 05 and 07 teams. After going through what we've been going through, those teams look a lot better.

1. The death of Sean
2. Rogers dropped pick6
3. Gibbs sticking with Brunell and not going and getting another QB better than Campbell and Collins in that span to challenge Brunell.
4. Letting Pierce and Clark walk.

Those four are what I believe kept those teams from reaching a NFC Championship, and like you said, Gibbs getting a little insecure, listening to the outside noise and turning things over to Saunders.

1) that was tragic no doubt and so senseless, but I highly doubt ST would've remained with the Skins. Everyone forgot it now due to his death, but Sean and Skins were at odds at the time.

2) Which one? Heh, I'm assuming you mean the one in Seattle in the divisional playoffs in 06. Yeah he could've strolled right in with that one.....didn't the Hawks score on that drive as well? Catch 22, which is what the homey,
Duck, nicknamed Carlos...the greatest nickname no one knows about....would've been w/o question the NFL's best ballhawk of the 2000s had he held on to half the picks he dropped.

3) I thought ol' Marky Mark was finally finding his groove in 05 then got hurt in the Giants game. The week before though he lit up Dallas with 4 TD passes ina 35-7 win and had 2 TD passes (and a pick 6) in less than a half against the Giants. The following week against Philly Brunell never looked right or TB or Seattle in the playoffs. And by the time the playoffs came around Gibbs had run CP into the ground. Oh, and there was no need to give away another draft pk to move up to select Campbell.

4) I didn't like or understand either move, but the 1 move no one mentions that turned out to be pretty big imo was letting #3 CB Walt Harris go as well that year. Than replacing Harris with Mike Rumph and/or Kenny Wright both of whom were flat-out shitty shitty CBs. In 2006 the Skins as a team picked off 6 passes. Walt Harris, who was signed and started for the 49ers for a couple years had 8 picks himself in 2006.