• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I despise Tiger Woods As Much As The Next Guy but, C'mon...

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reading that law that they would need to prove that Woods and the girl knew, too. Seems like they're trying to stretch the part of your link that says this:

who willfully and unlawfully sells or furnishes alcoholic beverages to a person who is not of lawful drinking age or who knowingly serves a person habitually addicted to the use of any or all alcoholic beverages may become liable for injury or damage caused by or resulting from the intoxication of such minor or person.

The underage selling would be easy. Did this guy record his convo with Tiger when he claimed he knew about his drinking problem? Doubtful.
Ha ha! I can't stand that golf ball. Can't you find a ProV1 or a TP5X to put there instead?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course not. I don't care what he does in his personal life, its the disrespect he showed toward almost everyone with his on-course and post-round press conference behavior. He showed utter contempt for them and wouldn't give them the time of day. The shit he pulled on Peter Kostis and Fuzzy Zoeller is unforgivable.

Tiger has a trail of people that he'd probably like to go back do have a mulligan.

I don't remember what he did to Kostis, and I agree he could've let Fuzzy off the hook (if you're referring to his Masters dinner comments). Didn't have to hang him out to dry. Even though it was Fuzzy being Fuzzy, but he brought that on himself whether he was just trying to be funny or not. I have a feeling Earl was probably more pissed than Tiger.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tiger has a trail of people that he'd probably like to go back do have a mulligan.

I don't remember what he did to Kostis, and I agree he could've let Fuzzy off the hook (if you're referring to his Masters dinner comments). Didn't have to hang him out to dry. Even though it was Fuzzy being Fuzzy, but he brought that on himself whether he was just trying to be funny or not. I have a feeling Earl was probably more pissed than Tiger.
He had his caddie block the Swing Cam which Kostis used to analyze the players' swings with the golf bag so Kostis could not do his job because he had the audacity to criticize Woods' swing when he was playing poorly. And when called out about it, and told that Kostis was upset, said "Fuck Kostis, tell him to get a real job, something he actually knows about"

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course not. I don't care what he does in his personal life, its the disrespect he showed toward almost everyone with his on-course and post-round press conference behavior. He showed utter contempt for them and wouldn't give them the time of day. The shit he pulled on Peter Kostis and Fuzzy Zoeller is unforgivable.

He had his caddie block the Swing Cam which Kostis used to analyze the players' swings with the golf bag so Kostis could not do his job because he had the audacity to criticize Woods' swing when he was playing poorly. And when called out about it, and told that Kostis was upset, said "Fuck Kostis, tell him to get a real job, something he actually knows about"

Lol!

Can you think of someone you stoically defend who treats the press with disrespect and tries at every turn to block anyone from gaining access to his mistakes?

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is just further proof that personal accountability is a dated virtue. I know about that stupid-assed law as well as other precedents with cases like this, however I hope they can provide security camera footage of when they put a gun to this guy's head to make him drink.

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol!

Can you think of someone you stoically defend who treats the press with disrespect and tries at every turn to block anyone from gaining access to his mistakes?
USATSI_9862536_168380823_lowres.jpg

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reading that law that they would need to prove that Woods and the girl knew, too. Seems like they're trying to stretch the part of your link that says this:

who willfully and unlawfully sells or furnishes alcoholic beverages to a person who is not of lawful drinking age or who knowingly serves a person habitually addicted to the use of any or all alcoholic beverages may become liable for injury or damage caused by or resulting from the intoxication of such minor or person.

The underage selling would be easy. Did this guy record his convo with Tiger when he claimed he knew about his drinking problem? Doubtful.
"he's been drinking a lot lately" does not mean he had a drinking problem...at least not in my mind.

it just meant he was drinking a lot lately. At 24, you kind of do that

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I remember right from back in my bartending days, a lot of, if not most states have a law making it illegal to serve alcohol to a known drunkard.
well you can't serve someone who is obviously hammered. FL law is different

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh. Good luck to the family proving that this kid's alcoholism was known to everyone outside of the family...which begs the question, why weren't THEY doing anything to intervene?

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh. Good luck to the family proving that this kid's alcoholism was known to everyone outside of the family...which begs the question, why weren't THEY doing anything to intervene?
hey, you know what job you should get? you know, with your drinking problem and all that?

a bartender. you should be a bartender!

catlanta33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"he's been drinking a lot lately" does not mean he had a drinking problem...at least not in my mind.

it just meant he was drinking a lot lately. At 24, you kind of do that

Yep. For his folks to try and say that Tiger knowingly and willingly contributed to his death by drinking with him a few days before he actually killed himself in a DUI crash is hysterically overreaching.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. For his folks to try and say that Tiger knowingly and willingly contributed to his death by drinking with him a few days before he actually killed himself in a DUI crash is hysterically overreaching.
frivolous lawsuit is what it is

they see some deep pockets with Tiger, hope to get his sympathy and maybe settle out of court

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The kid (who was a bartender at Tigers bar) was in a drunken car wreck a month before. He then started going to AA.
It's alleged the bar was in support of helping him beat his addiction ..they allowed him to keep his job ..etc

This is the foundation of the suit.

How would a employee with a known drinking problem be allowed to get hammered at his work and then drive drunk and die?

If all true ...that is an interesting question.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The kid (who was a bartender at Tigers bar) was in a drunken car wreck a month before. He then started going to AA.
It's alleged the bar was in support of helping him beat his addiction ..they allowed him to keep his job ..etc

How would a employee with a known drinking problem be allowed to get hammered at his work and then drive drunk and die?

Okay, so it sounds like it WAS known outside the family. Then I'm not sure he should have kept working there.

No wait, I'm 100% sure he should not have kept working there.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The burden of proof that the bar knew these things will be the challenge.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol!

No