• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I despise Tiger Woods As Much As The Next Guy but, C'mon...

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Money and potentially lots of it.

The over served argument has been used before...maybe with some level of success. The family is obviously reaching and most likely hoping for a settlement of some type.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reactions: GNG

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Money and potentially lots of it.

The over served argument has been used before...maybe with some level of success. The family is obviously reaching and most likely hoping for a settlement of some type.
This whole thing among the younger generation that "someone else is to blame for all my problems" is really irritating.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This whole thing among the younger generation that "someone else is to blame for all my problems" is really irritating.

Yeah, I don't disagree with you there, but on this one I think the guy's parents are the ones looking for a scapegoat. They knew he had problems and should've gotten him some help a long ago.

Mofo

Infamous Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,979.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From the article:

The suit also claims that Woods and Herman had direct knowledge of Immesberger’s problem with alcohol and that they were drinking with him “a few nights before the fatal crash.”

That's a long-ass bender.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...it's a law that has been around since 1980

Florida Dram Shop Law

Unlike many states, Florida does not hold an establishment, vendor or social host responsible for serving alcohol to a person who already appears to be intoxicated. It only allows for liability if alcohol is served to a known “habitually addicted” person or a minor.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the family needs to prove that the kid had a drinking problem and was an addict.

At 24, if he doesn't have a record of attending AA meetings or anything like that, I doubt they have a case.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I don't disagree with you there, but on this one I think the guy's parents are the ones looking for a scapegoat. They knew he had problems and should've gotten him some help a long ago.
Agreed. On a seperate topic, I have to say though that watching Woods in his PGA press conference just now, his whole demeanor has changed. He treats the reporters like human beings now and it was pleasant to watch, not uncomfortable.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...it's a law that has been around since 1980

Florida Dram Shop Law

Unlike many states, Florida does not hold an establishment, vendor or social host responsible for serving alcohol to a person who already appears to be intoxicated. It only allows for liability if alcohol is served to a known “habitually addicted” person or a minor.

Yep - if the law applied to every drunk who walked through a bar then likely most bars in FL would be closed and/or broke. That state has to be among the country's leaders in DUIs.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep - if the law applied to every drunk who walked through a bar then likely most bars in FL would be closed and/or broke. That state has to be among the country's leaders in DUIs.
did you read what the law says? Not everyone who drinks is "habitually addicted" to alcohol, so it wouldn't be applied to every person who drinks at a bar.

also, no, Florida is not among the leaders in DUIs

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. On a seperate topic, I have to say though that watching Woods in his PGA press conference just now, his whole demeanor has changed. He treats the reporters like human beings now and it was pleasant to watch, not uncomfortable.

Life has a way of humbling even those that seem to be on top of us all.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn younger generation... causing all our problems today. Too bad they can’t be like the older generation and take responsibility! Amirite?

catlanta33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the family needs to prove that the kid had a drinking problem and was an addict.

At 24, if he doesn't have a record of attending AA meetings or anything like that, I doubt they have a case.

Reading that law that they would need to prove that Woods and the girl knew, too. Seems like they're trying to stretch the part of your link that says this:

who willfully and unlawfully sells or furnishes alcoholic beverages to a person who is not of lawful drinking age or who knowingly serves a person habitually addicted to the use of any or all alcoholic beverages may become liable for injury or damage caused by or resulting from the intoxication of such minor or person.

The underage selling would be easy. Did this guy record his convo with Tiger when he claimed he knew about his drinking problem? Doubtful.

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I remember right from back in my bartending days, a lot of, if not most states have a law making it illegal to serve alcohol to a known drunkard.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do you despise Tiger??? If it is because of his affairs, please allow me to share a different perspective:

Of course not. I don't care what he does in his personal life, its the disrespect he showed toward almost everyone with his on-course and post-round press conference behavior. He showed utter contempt for them and wouldn't give them the time of day. The shit he pulled on Peter Kostis and Fuzzy Zoeller is unforgivable.

batchaps4me

Trolley conductor in Mr. Rogers' neighborhood.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,999.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course not. I don't care what he does in his personal life, its the disrespect he showed toward almost everyone with his on-course and post-round press conference behavior. He showed utter contempt for them and wouldn't give them the time of day. The shit he pulled on Peter Kostis and Fuzzy Zoeller is unforgivable.

I just needed a line to tie in the thread to Ron's Dickin Around with Tiger bit … I love that bit.