• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

i believe him

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Devils' Ilya Kovalchuk: 'We'll be better next year' | NJ.com

henrque is solid #2 center.
hopefully tedenby sticks this year
jj can stay healthy and be a #3 center
leave larrson in all year
maybe if merrill impresses bring him in.

do not resign salvador i know its tempting but we have to get some youth back there. no need to lock him up to a 3 year 7million contract

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zajac will hopefully avoid the injury bug as well. Team was on a different level offensively when he was at full health.

Is Greene a guarantee to be back? I really hope they ditch him and either sign someone or play Harrold.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
fayne/zid/talendar/atrain are locks to be back. i would really like to see larrson and another kid step in there. not harrold he isnt the future back there.

gionta is a great story and all but i dont want to see them fall into the playoff trap like they probably will with salvador.

marty gets resigned but after seeing what happened in tampa this year it really should only be 1 year deal. moose i love fucking moose everyone on here knows i love the guy....but if we bring him back that means wedgewood wont get to see any nhl action?

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
fayne/zid/talendar/atrain are locks to be back. i would really like to see larrson and another kid step in there. not harrold he isnt the future back there.

gionta is a great story and all but i dont want to see them fall into the playoff trap like they probably will with salvador.

marty gets resigned but after seeing what happened in tampa this year it really should only be 1 year deal. moose i love fucking moose everyone on here knows i love the guy....but if we bring him back that means wedgewood wont get to see any nhl action?

I would be pretty stunned to see Wedgewood skip the AHL all together.

Greene is locked in, not Fayne.

I think I'd rather keep Bryce over Fayne.

Tallinder
Zid
Atrain
Greene
Larsson
Salvador.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
its going to be all about money though. and to be honest up until the last final games fayne was pretty rock solid. greene didnt bring much to the table imo and he has a big contract what is it 3 mil a year? salvador will be looking for that type of money.

these are our current d

salvador/greene/zid/talendar/atrain/fayne salvador is ufa so can plug larrson in (he has to crack the lineup this year) i wouldnt mind seeing someone else come up too that is a promising blue chip player.

are there any up and coming forward players on the ahl team?

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
its going to be all about money though. and to be honest up until the last final games fayne was pretty rock solid. greene didnt bring much to the table imo and he has a big contract what is it 3 mil a year? salvador will be looking for that type of money.

these are our current d

salvador/greene/zid/talendar/atrain/fayne salvador is ufa so can plug larrson in (he has to crack the lineup this year) i wouldnt mind seeing someone else come up too that is a promising blue chip player.

are there any up and coming forward players on the ahl team?

Tedenby is about it for AHL forwards. JJ obviously too.

Greene was actually really good in the playoffs IMO except for the finals. Fayne's going to get 2.0M+ anyway this off season. Devils have all the control with him though since he's an RFA. I'd still be pretty surprised if Lou moved him.

I really don't know if we wan to let Bryce leave. That's the easiest answer and saves the Devils money and prevents an over 35 contract. Opens Larsson's spot.

I think that we can assume that one of Fayne/Salvador isn't returning, otherwise you're roadblocking Larsson all over again.

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think the biggest problem is you need to overpay Bryce after the playoffs that he had, so maybe we don't want to be doing that.

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Also, some of the guys to be looking out for in two years that could have a potential impact.

Urbom, Gelinas, Reece Scarlett, Reid Boucher

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have to improve our Dmen. The Kings Dmen had it all over the Devils in the Final. Hopefully we can find a guy or 2 with some speed. How slow is A-train? Bryce was solid in the playoffs but he looked slow at times as well. Our D looked like they were moving in slow motion vs LA.

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
We have to improve our Dmen. The Kings Dmen had it all over the Devils in the Final. Hopefully we can find a guy or 2 with some speed. How slow is A-train? Bryce was solid in the playoffs but he looked slow at times as well. Our D looked like they were moving in slow motion vs LA.

Atrain is slow, but he's like trying to move a mountain in the corners.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rather have Bryce over Zids....

If we're going to add a Dman, we need one that can blast the puck with authority.

That was something I've seen vs FLA, NYR & LA is that their dmen were able to rifle one by Marty often.... we need a blaster.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Salvador but he's a slower guy that depends a lot on physical play. He's not young so injuries and lack of speed will only get worse.

I was the biggest Fayne hater on the planet, and he was pretty awful in the finals, but he has developed tremendously. He's a big body that blocks shots like a mad man. If he can cut down on the number of times he gets caught pinching and doesn't turn the puck over in our end he can be solid.

Ideally I would like Zids gone. At time he was great for us, but he got caught pinching at least twice a game in the playoffs. He was terrifying to watch.

Have to figure Sykora is gone and Teds will be back up. I would like to bring Bernier and Poni back for the right price.

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree about Zids. He's a liability out there and he's just not worth it. Wouldn't mind Sykora for depth but maybe since he had a good year some other team will offer him a contract. Not sure I can deal with Bernier still being on the team. It would remind me too much of the debacle.

devs30rko

Senior citizen 0.o
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I want any player on the free agent market that's realistic, it's Jason garrison

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If I want any player on the free agent market that's realistic, it's Jason garrison

+1000. This guy gave us fits that whole series. He's a fucking bomber on the point.

Also, Kovy might be right, we could be even better, but one guy has to be back for that to even be a possibility. We went from 8th worst to a 14 win playoff team with Parise healthy. If he's gone it's going to be a struggle.