• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I am sorry dear Huskers

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't muster any feeling at all for this next game. I would like to see you do well but I have gotten my expectations up so many times I just can't do it anymore.

To tell you the truth I don't care any more. It is like I am supporting a crack addict. I want you to do well, I know you want to do well, you do well for short periods of time (when no adversity is in your life) but every single time things get tough you end up back with the crack pipe. I just can't support you any more because every time you go back a little bit of me dies.

When it happens so many times the only thing a person can do is say I am done, I can't do this any more. I wish you the best and I know you can do it but it is killing me wondering every day is this the day you pick up the pipe again.

So Huskers, I wish you the best but I can not support you, cheer for you just to watch you pick up the crack pipe over and over.
It is like you are a ghost of what you you used to be. You have been this way for so long that I think most can't remember the proud citizen of college football you once were. I can't even look at you and see that anymore. You are a shell of what once was and I am sorry but I can not keep hoping this is the time rehab will work only to see you out on the street corner again.

Big Red, I know you are in side that shell somewhere just begging to come out and I am sorry but I can't do this any more.

Love you UNL but no more.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will never turn my back on thee Huskers.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pelini's lazy shitty recruiting in his first couple years is finally showing up.

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blackshirts never say die! HuskerinSecwhatever find your balls and take two pills of Manthefuckup

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I LOL'd

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blackshirts never say die! HuskerinSecwhatever find your balls and take two pills of Manthefuckup

There are no Blackshirts.

The pompous bloviator has destroyed what little there was left of the Blackshirts.

Blackshirt

Who is Mike Riley?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with this OP. I don't expect us to win championships or divisions or any anything of significance. We will be an average team from here on out.

We have no balance. The Offense is either good and our Defense sucks or our defense is good and our O sucks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pelini's lazy shitty recruiting in his first couple years is finally showing up.

Somewhat. I mean, the players suck for the most part, but I doubt it was him being lazy. Remember his "First couple of years" were his first couple of years running a program. And his first class was thrown together during a short recruiting period.

When hiring a new coach who has never been a head coach you MUST allow for a learning curve. In spite of how fast we, the fans, want him to return the Huskers to the glory years, it just ain't gonna happen.

He will learn that he can't rely on loyalty to win. He'll learn that the two gap defense won't work without quality linemen. He will learn the recruiting game.

It takes time. If I had to put a number on it, I would say 10 years. Firing a coach every 5 years for lack of conference and national championships does nothing but set us back even further. Who would want to play at a school that changes coaches as fast as they change quarterbacks?

Look at Tom Osborne, Gary Pinkle and Bill Snyder. It took them all at LEAST 6 seasons before a conference championship. Now (Except for that retard Pinkle) they are considered among the best to have ever walked the sidelines.

Put your frustrations aside, look at where we were when Bo came in and look at where we are now. we are better in EVERY phase of the game. Are we good in all of them? No, but we are light years ahead of where we were.

Sorry for rambling, but I want to make sure we are all looking at the big picture before the petition gets passed around.

Flame away.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
actually, Tom, I think you have a great point. for the people thinking Pelini should be fired, just remember "we will not gravitate toward mediocrity" and how well that went for us.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Put your frustrations aside, look at where we were when Bo came in and look at where we are now. we are better in EVERY phase of the game. Are we good in all of them? No, but we are light years ahead of where we were.

I'm sorry, lightyears? We are right back to the cosgrove years.

The offense has to score on every possession or we will get blown the fuck out.

In year 5 he still doesn't know what kind of football he wants to play.

He's all over the place emotionally and his team is a reflection of that.

I'm not saying fire him, I think we're one or two bad seasons away from that, but when you talk about just from a standpoint of being competitive in your losses Bo can't even do that.

Remember that was Tom's reasoning for firing billy C. It wasn't that he was losing, it was that he couldn't even be competitive.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't keep taking losses like this and expect recruiting to do well either.

At some point you lose your team. No one wants to be apart of that.

You have talented players leaving the team, you're getting consistently blown out on national television, and you have a poor relationship with the media.

We'll find out in two weeks if Pelini has lost his players, but he's got no friends in the media.

Say what you want but it does matter and Bo has burned almost every bridge imaginable with the press.

Nebraska885

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If I was a defensive player; I'd still have Nebraska near the top because I could play right away as they have nobody that's worth a shit and Bo & company would sell me that I'm the next Suh, Prince, or Haag.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somewhat. I mean, the players suck for the most part, but I doubt it was him being lazy. Remember his "First couple of years" were his first couple of years running a program. And his first class was thrown together during a short recruiting period.

When hiring a new coach who has never been a head coach you MUST allow for a learning curve. In spite of how fast we, the fans, want him to return the Huskers to the glory years, it just ain't gonna happen.

He will learn that he can't rely on loyalty to win. He'll learn that the two gap defense won't work without quality linemen. He will learn the recruiting game.

It takes time. If I had to put a number on it, I would say 10 years. Firing a coach every 5 years for lack of conference and national championships does nothing but set us back even further. Who would want to play at a school that changes coaches as fast as they change quarterbacks?

Look at Tom Osborne, Gary Pinkle and Bill Snyder. It took them all at LEAST 6 seasons before a conference championship. Now (Except for that retard Pinkle) they are considered among the best to have ever walked the sidelines.

Sorry for rambling, but I want to make sure we are all looking at the big picture before the petition gets passed around.

Flame away.

Pinkel has been at Missouri for 11 years and has 'NEVER' won a conference championship. NU has become a Missouri program.

Pelini does not belong in the same breath as Osborne and Snyder. Not even close.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pinkel fielded better football teams faster than Pelini.

Pinkel would be a step up for our football program.

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pinkel has been at Missouri for 11 years and has 'NEVER' won a conference championship. NU has become a Missouri program.

Pelini does not belong in the same breath as Osborne and Snyder. Not even close.

You are correct... almost. This is his 12th season. And he won his first Division title in his 7th season. The point is, he didn't do it in 5 years. Gotta win the division before you win the conference.

And Snyder didn't belong in the same breath as Osborne until he had 7 years or so to get his program up and running.

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sorry, lightyears? We are right back to the cosgrove years.

The offense has to score on every possession or we will get blown the fuck out.

In year 5 he still doesn't know what kind of football he wants to play.

He's all over the place emotionally and his team is a reflection of that.

I'm not saying fire him, I think we're one or two bad seasons away from that, but when you talk about just from a standpoint of being competitive in your losses Bo can't even do that.

Remember that was Tom's reasoning for firing billy C. It wasn't that he was losing, it was that he couldn't even be competitive.

You are so wrong here. When the other guy was here we were in that predicament with ANYONE we played. Ball State for example. We do not struggle against everyone. It is the athletic, mobile QB that causes the headaches. Other offenses are handled quite well in the current system.

And Tom fired the clown because he was a terrible coach who ruined the Nebraska football program.

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pinkel fielded better football teams faster than Pelini.

Pinkel would be a step up for our football program.

Out of all of the drivel you have ever posted on this site, this has to be dumbest, least thought out piece of shit of them all. This post puts you on the same level as OD. Absolutely the dumbest fucking thing. Ever.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3