• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I am now certain that Phil Dawson can hit a field goal from 71 yards.

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just driving home, I was thinking about that play.

Come on Dawson!!
You can't even hit a 71 yard field goal!!!

Worthless POS!

Seriously, do we have the craziest coaching staff in the NFL? I swear just the look of confusion on the players and the look of "oh shit, this is not going to be good" look on Fisher's face? Made it all worth it. (admittedly I was as confused as anyone, I have never heard of that rule, alt)

That was great. Only Harbaugh's coaching staff could come up with that..... I had heard of the rule before, but I don't think I have ever seen it.

Kind of impressed me. But anyway, back to Dawson.... should we be worried, he has looked shaky.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harbaugh and his staff are fucking weird... this is the same staff that declined a penalty that would have resulted in a safety against the Seahawks. Their attitude was put out there this preseason, "We're the 49ers, we can do whatever we want."

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he just did it for shits and giggles

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Come on Dawson!!

Worthless POS!

Seriously, do we have the craziest coaching staff in the NFL? I swear just the look of confusion on the players and the look of "oh shit, this is not going to be good" look on Fisher's face? Made it all worth it. (admittedly I was as confused as anyone, I have never heard of that rule, alt)

That was great. Only Harbaugh's coaching staff could come up with that..... I had heard of the rule before, but I don't think I have ever seen it.

Kind of impressed me. But anyway, back to Dawson.... should we be worried, he has looked shaky.

I'm concerned. His kicks have not been confidence builders after dealing with Akers. They hook through or barely make it in and that scares me. I'm not sure we found the right kicker.

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have seen it before a few years ago. I live in AZ and I believe it was Cardinals and Rackers tried a long 60+ or 70 yard FG off a fair catch like we did. Rackers kick was just as bad. He missed it by like 20 yards

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Found it.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uEiL8JGwAE]Neil Rackers Free Kick Field Goal - YouTube[/ame]

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he just did it for shits and giggles

I thought it was reasonable. There really was no other option. It was a no-lose situation. I give them credit for realizing that it was an option.

NinersFan80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it was reasonable. There really was no other option. It was a no-lose situation. I give them credit for realizing that it was an option.

How was it a no lose?? If they would of returned the kick for a TD what would of happened??

I know I was in the stands and nobody knew what the hell was going on and I never seen it.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How was it a no lose?? If they would of returned the kick for a TD what would of happened??

I know I was in the stands and nobody knew what the hell was going on and I never seen it.

Same as any other long FG attempt. I don't remember who it was exactly, I'm thinking the Jets, but someone tried a 60+ yard FG and they sent a guy back deep who caught it in the endzone and subsequently brought it out and returned it for a TD.

Nope, I was wrong after a google.

Last edited by a moderator:

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Harbaugh is like some genius when it comes to the rule book. He knows all the little things some of the referees probably forget. Like when the ref's didn't call a penalty for the RB not being set for long enough before the snap.

That's probably why he gets so pissed off about calls. He'd be a better referee than the zebras.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harbaugh is like some genius when it comes to the rule book. He knows all the little things some of the referees probably forget. Like when the ref's didn't call a penalty for the RB not being set for long enough before the snap.

That's probably why he gets so pissed off about calls. He'd be a better referee than the zebras.

Throwing a challenge flag in the Lions game after they ruled the catch in the endzone a TD when Willis stripped the ball loose after Pettigrew was on the ground.... which resulted in Schwartz yelling across the field and taunting Harbaugh with him yelling... "Learn the fucking rules!!!" or was it, "Know the fucking rules!!!"?? Because all scores called for an "automatic" review.

Resulting in the "Handshake incident"

Would imply that Harbaugh is not a genius when it comes to the rule book, or rather, wasn't always a genius.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it was a great move and hope we do it again.

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm doubting another situation like that happens any time soon. It has to be off a fair catch punt, you have to be a reasonable distance away (if 70 yards is even reasonable) and it has to pretty much be at the end of a half.

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well if then your only other option was to take a knee I guess you have a point. But anything else could have led to a fumble or an interception for a TD couldn't it?

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Me too, I love the little wrinkles that they design in that no one else seems to even think about.... Like last year they had linemen catching passes completely undetected and uncovered.

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Throwing a challenge flag in the Lions game after they ruled the catch in the endzone a TD when Willis stripped the ball loose after Pettigrew was on the ground.... which resulted in Schwartz yelling across the field and taunting Harbaugh with him yelling... "Learn the fucking rules!!!" or was it, "Know the fucking rules!!!"?? Because all scores called for an "automatic" review.

Resulting in the "Handshake incident"

Would imply that Harbaugh is not a genius when it comes to the rule book, or rather, wasn't always a genius.

:lame:

I didn't know that genius's never make mistakes?

Good thing no one told that to Thomas Edison, because he would have given up after so many mistakes and never invented the lightbulb.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Come on Dawson!!

Worthless POS!

I thought it was lame. Knew he would never make that one. They should have went for the Hail Mary to the endzone. The odds were better for them to score on that one.

NinersFan80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if then your only other option was to take a knee I guess you have a point. But anything else could have led to a fumble or an interception for a TD couldn't it?

I mean with 4 seconds left why not knee the ball?? No point in throwing the ball up or even giving the other team a chance