• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

huskers 17th in AP poll

Epic Leprikon

I am Epic Leprikon?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
USC will drop a game to somebody they shouldn't, as usual. On a second note the preseason ranking is very important. The higher you start results in a higher finishing rank, and that's a fact. A 10-4 season starting outside the top 25 probably results in a similar finish. Same can be said if you start inside the top 25.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I could see how a preseason ranking may be important if there are more than 2 undefeated teams at the end of the season............then MAYBE the preseason ranking might cause some sort of a biased look at who the top 2 teams are.

But at the end of the season, there shouldn't be a bunch of teams pissed off about where they're ranked.........because the only 2 spots in the poll that matter are #1 and #2

Epic Leprikon

I am Epic Leprikon?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So are you saying if we are not contending for a national title you no longer care? You wouldn't be happier with a final rank of 7th than 24th? That's a pretty weird way to look at things.

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So are you saying if we are not contending for a national title you no longer care? You wouldn't be happier with a final rank of 7th than 24th? That's a pretty weird way to look at things.

I care about the season no matter what. What does 7th get you that 24th does not? Respect from people that most claim that they are so called expects that actually don't know shit? It is about the hardware. Respect doesn't get you hardware. Hardware gets you respect.

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I care about the season no matter what. What does 7th get you that 24th does not? Respect from people that most claim that they are so called expects that actually don't know shit? It is about the hardware. Respect doesn't get you hardware. Hardware gets you respect.

Recruits.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right Jed. Hardware gets you respect, not the other way around. But you need to get w/ modern times.

Our modern generations are rewarded first, in hopes they'll produce.

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is the problem RA and no I will NEVER get with those times. I am an earn it kind of person. And you should wake up everyday with the mentality that you have to earn what you want. Handouts are fine but should be temporary!!!!

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I definitely no longer care about what we are ranked if we are out of the National Title picture..........all I care about at that point is winning the rest of our games. If the media wants to leave us ranked right where we're at even though we're winning, I really don't care to be honest.

If you're not contending for the National Title, that ranking is just a number......and it just simply means nothing. I don't give a shit what people think about my team.......if my team isn't the Champion, then they are just another team that season.

I'm not saying that you are wrong to want Nebraska to be ranked high and all that.......it's just that being ranked 5th in the country doesn't do anything. It might make us feel good, but nobody outside of Nebraska cares that Nebraska is ranked 5th.

Driaz

People are crazy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I definitely no longer care about what we are ranked if we are out of the National Title picture..........all I care about at that point is winning the rest of our games. If the media wants to leave us ranked right where we're at even though we're winning, I really don't care to be honest.

If you're not contending for the National Title, that ranking is just a number......and it just simply means nothing. I don't give a shit what people think about my team.......if my team isn't the Champion, then they are just another team that season.

I'm not saying that you are wrong to want Nebraska to be ranked high and all that.......it's just that being ranked 5th in the country doesn't do anything. It might make us feel good, but nobody outside of Nebraska cares that Nebraska is ranked 5th.

I disagree. High school kids care about that shit....

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with JJM.

High school kids only give a shit if they will be on ESPN and talked about.

Driaz

People are crazy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with JJM.

High school kids only give a shit if they will be on ESPN and talked about.

But ESPN will televise and talk about their #5 team more than their #24 team.....

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't get me wrong, I love to see Nebraska move their way back up, because if you go into the last couple of weeks of the season, anything can happen............and if you're ranked #5 and a couple teams lose ahead of you, you just never know.

But if we have 3 losses, I mean who gives a shit............I just want to see us get wins and improve at that point.