• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Husker Shootin the Breeze Thread

FNG

Chiefs Baby Chiefs!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And my FF team sucks. Mess up on sitting a guy on Thursday game. :doh:

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
https://twitter.com/ericolson64/statuses/384727510849564672

wow.

Last edited by a moderator:

Papalou

disMEMBER
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not baiting here just honestly curious. Does anyone here think that firing the head coach mid season actually solves anything? I personally dont like it anywhere, even Kiffin.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah wow.

Bo not sounding too good at the presser. Reality is setting in that he waited too long to make changes.

You keep hearing more in the media that NU isn't physical enough and doon't play consistent. They are long term trends that Bo has ignored for whatever reason. Dobson and Papuchis should have been replaced in January. It's too late now. Putting buddies over your job as CEO never works out well.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not baiting here just honestly curious. Does anyone here think that firing the head coach mid season actually solves anything? I personally dont like it anywhere, even Kiffin.

I don't think it's a good idea, but the ice has been broken. With the play-off system coming in, I think it's a new era of CFB.

How long before coaches start getting poached away from succcessful jobs mid-season? Could see that this year yet.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's too much money in it for these AD's to ignore things for too long. When big donors stop returning phone calls during fund raising time you have to act to ensure them that things are indeed going to change.

For USC standards, Kiffin's recruiting progress this year was horrible. Recruits want to go where they're gonna be coached up.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Outside of a few, look at who else showed interest in a lot of NU players. A lot of mid-major non-AQ's.

Couple that with poor coaching and you get what we've gotten.

Great record over non-AQ's and 8-5 or less teams. Horrible record over 9+ win teams.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no stable foundation built.

Inexperienced Bo surrounded himself with inexperience at all 3 coordinator positions and a safety turned QB. The concrete didn't set because he used the wrong ingredients and formula. The weight of such a proud program is crushing it like soft chalk. He's stuck with the same materials and Home Depot has frozen his credit.

Don't hire Bo to pour your driveway. LOL

blkflagmafia

BANG BANG BLACK FLAG GBR!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree I'm not big on it

But if your in a recruiting hot bed like USC you will be fine
USC has talent any ways the NCAA violation excuse is non sense
Out of 85 player only another 40 will actually see the field

Hot seat watch is on Texas
Campbell is calling for his head and if OU hits hard again bye stoops has owned Mack brown in that game

blkflagmafia

BANG BANG BLACK FLAG GBR!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no stable foundation built.

Inexperienced Bo surrounded himself with inexperience at all 3 coordinator positions and a safety turned QB. The concrete didn't set because he used the wrong ingredients and formula. The weight of such a proud program is crushing it like soft chalk. He's stuck with the same materials and Home Depot has frozen his credit.

Don't hire Bo to pour your driveway. LOL

In life too much of anything will kill you
Bo loyalty is top and that what gonna get him canned

If I'm a young or a first time coach I want some old heads with experience and maybe 1-2 buddies that I trust maybe

Take a peek at osu and Michigan staff experience all the way around. The crazy part urban isn't even using the guys that helped get him to the top back in fla. But take that staff and look strong,Mullen, addaizo all head coaches now.

How many from bo staff would be or make it as head coaches ?

I like bo but his loyalty and stubbornness did him in

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think it depends on the situation. The least dramatic would be at the end of the season.

Some reasons not to wait though is

if your coach has lost the team,

if your coach is not just losing but also destroying your program's image (Kiffin).

if you feel an interim that you already have on staff can do a better job immediately.

This is not the same but when I was in management one of my guiding principles was to never wait to address a problem once I decided on a course of action. Waiting only allows the problem to fester and makes dealing with it more difficult.

That said I am guessing SE has already dealt with his problem with an ultimatum and just the fact that we have had no changes in staff over the bye week means Bo will not heed advise or ultimatums.

popeyecv64

and thats all I have to say about that
Smack dab in the middle of a great state Nebraska
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it depends on the situation. The least dramatic would be at the end of the season.

Some reasons not to wait though is

if your coach has lost the team,

if your coach is not just losing but also destroying your program's image (Kiffin).

if you feel an interim that you already have on staff can do a better job immediately.

This is not the same but when I was in management one of my guiding principles was to never wait to address a problem once I decided on a course of action. Waiting only allows the problem to fester and makes dealing with it more difficult.

That said I am guessing SE has already dealt with his problem with an ultimatum and just the fact that we have had no changes in staff over the bye week means Bo will not heed advise or ultimatums.

I am listenin to the song 2525 by Zager and Evans

and its right ---well it matter in those years ??

FNG

Chiefs Baby Chiefs!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The top of the hour sports on NBC sports was talking about the shutdown. That if the shutdown goes later into the week the Air Force vs Navy game will be cancel.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The top of the hour sports on NBC sports was talking about the shutdown. That if the shutdown goes later into the week the Air Force vs Navy game will be cancel.

One less loss for you in pickem's. :happy:

popeyecv64

and thats all I have to say about that
Smack dab in the middle of a great state Nebraska
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One less in your. But more like one less for popeye

images

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta brag on my girl a little bit. Girls high school soccer down 2-0 against a very good team.

She is playing left center back (back of the field) and gets mad at her middles because they can't get the ball up front. :gaah:

Less then 10 minutes left and three times, yes THREE TIMES she takes the ball all the way up and shoots on goal.

First shot over the goal, that's okay, exciting run. :clap:

Second shot, far post, upper corner, perfectly undefendable shot for a goal. :yahoo:

Third shot she blasts it right over the goal keepers head. Went straight into keepers hands and blasts right on through. She couldn't stop it.

GOAL TIED 2-2!!!! :dance:

Less then a minute left my daughter kicks a corner, drops it perfectly in front of the goal and a forward heads it in for GOAL 3!!!!!.

So they not only win 3-2 but get a pizza party cuz coach promised one for each goal headed in.

This is one proud papa here. :dance::yahoo::clap:

Last edited by a moderator: