• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Husker Shootin the Breeze Thread

FNG

Chiefs Baby Chiefs!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1489332_display_image.jpg

blkflagmafia

BANG BANG BLACK FLAG GBR!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact is they were not that far out of it with Dooley. He just couldn't get them to play for him when they needed it worst. When it got tough they quit.

These players are buying in to Jones. Like I said I wouldn't say overtaking Saban but they will be competing a lot faster than you think, and yes I am talking SEC.
I predict they will win 8 maybe 9 games this year. Losses to Oregon, Alabama, Florida and maybe South Carolina. Georgia is in trouble. They will learn a lot at Oregon and Florida, Bye week at South Alabama and prove something when Georgia comes to Knoxville. South Carolina is after a bye and in Knoxville too.

Bookmark it!

Dear lord you got the rocky top kool aid too!!!

He didn't ever say 8-9 wins

Even if they fully buy in there is going to new new coach growing pains. They have a good OL but not a sexy experience qb, a whole new wr Corps no backs jalen heard is listed as one but is 6'4... He will be on defense. Now I heard their defense is gonna be ok which they will need to carry the team.

Offense will shaky and young defense will be ok but that not a good recipe for immediate success. Now if jones keep recruiting like this 4-5 years then I will sip that kool aid but bama had super sexy classes and I don't see that stoping ESP if they three peat

FNG

Chiefs Baby Chiefs!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Morning all it is down to hours for the first game of the 2013-2014 CFB!

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Woot!!!!

I'm pumped for CFB.

FNG

Chiefs Baby Chiefs!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Until Huskers life regains it meaning!!!

690c0e5e08b6e0230700eef283542eea1c906903.jpg

Smalls hands!

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who gets #1, LP?

lel

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dear lord you got the rocky top kool aid too!!!

He didn't ever say 8-9 wins

Even if they fully buy in there is going to new new coach growing pains. They have a good OL but not a sexy experience qb, a whole new wr Corps no backs jalen heard is listed as one but is 6'4... He will be on defense. Now I heard their defense is gonna be ok which they will need to carry the team.

Offense will shaky and young defense will be ok but that not a good recipe for immediate success. Now if jones keep recruiting like this 4-5 years then I will sip that kool aid but bama had super sexy classes and I don't see that stoping ESP if they three peat

You are talking one team as if that is their whole schedule. Bama is not the SEC.
And I admit I may be wrong. After all no one has seen anything from Jones yet but little things point to a much improved Volunteers.

You say the OL is good? The OL is touted to possibly be the best in college football, definitely in the SEC.

And Worley as quarteback is young but he is very talented. It wasn't noticed because of what a fiasco it was but he went 8/11 against Vandy last year. Young but talented.

Running Backs? Neal will likely have a 1000 yard year behind the OL I already referred to. Add in Hill and Lane to this recipe and those young qbs don't look like such a big problem anymore.

Wide Receivers, yeh somebody needs to step up. Don't know if any will but with a little experience and motivation this becomes a well rounded team.

As for the defense? Jones and Jancek and six senior starters will provide a much better defense than the last 2 years. And this is where Jones went right to work. You wil see a much improved defense this year.

Back to the schedule though
Oregon and Alabama are the only definite losses

Austin Peay, W. Kentucky, S. Alabama, Missouri, Kentucky - 5 wins right there

Auburn and Vandy are likely wins. There's 7

Florida, S. Carolina and Georgia. One of those gives you 8.

I just have a feeling knowing the rivalry between Georgia and Tennessee, and Richts requirement for a meltdown that Tennessee will catch them off guard again.

By the time S. Carolina comes to town this season will be a bust or this will be the game to watch.

Like I said 8 or 9. I would almost guarantee 7, feel good about 8 and maybe even 9.

No orange kool-aid here. Not a fan. I respect the school, like the fans and just think they weren't as bad as the scoreboard showed and Jones will build a lot faster than most think.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First time in 6 years the Captains will wear the patch

JSP201308060077_Practice-e13778065302301-698x394.jpg