• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

HurricaneDij's Annual Top 50 NBA Players List (Year 15)

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, I know Ingram is still young but I think he deserves more than a two spot jump from 30 to 28. He is ascending

Yeah and I don't even think McCollum should be over Ingram when Ingram was clearly the best guy on the court that entire series. On top of that he was defended by the best Suns defender. Ingram is coming up in a big way.

To be fair, Ingram is fairly easy to overlook. He's a quiet player on a team that doesn't get a lot nationally televised games...if he were still a Laker, or if he was on another team that's on national broadcasts more or promoted himself more, he'd be more well known.

Last edited:

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still cracking up at harden a top 15 player. WHERE

Like real talk, if you threw out Hardens contract and just assumed he made the same as the guy you're trading him for, how many teams are rejecting trades for him?

Who is the best player on that list that the team goes "yeah we should make that trade?"

Bam? Nope.
Lamelo? Nope
Ingram? Still don't think so.
Edwards? Nope.
Siakam or VanVleet? Doubt it.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would I react to the opinion of a girls high school basketball blogger?!?!

Laughing Out Loud Lol GIF by VH1

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can start with this...

14. James Harden, SG, Philadelphia 76ers (6)

43. Zion Williamson, PF, New Orleans Pelicans (NR)

48. Ben Simmons, F/G, Brooklyn Nets (26)
Correction: Zion was ranked #14 last season coming off an all-star campaign with an average of 27 PPG.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also how is Lamelo at 41?
I'd be interested in seeing where you'd put him. Lot of talent, but 0-2 in play-in games, blown out both times, got his coach fired, had a nice -35 plus/minus against the Pacers of all teams in one of those games...

Let's hear it.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, Ingram is fairly easy to overlook. He's a quiet player on a team that doesn't get a lot nationally televised games...if he were still a Laker, or if he was on another team that's on national broadcasts more or promoted himself more, he'd be more well known.
On the contrary, I think he gets more hype because he was a Laker. CJ, on the other hand, came over from Portland after being Dame's afterthought sidekick.

His leadership was the difference in them being 15 games under .500 before the deadline and having a winning record after it, and that's why he gets the ranking. @CitySushi

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Correction: Zion was ranked #14 last season coming off an all-star campaign with an average of 27 PPG.
And now? Sitting on his couch eating Doritos. I guess you have to rank guys that dont play but I don’t like it personally. Right now Zion is not a top 50 player, same with Simmons. I’m not even convinced Simmons has a shot anymore….ohh wait

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the contrary, I think he gets more hype because he was a Laker. CJ, on the other hand, came over from Portland after being Dame's afterthought sidekick.

His leadership was the difference in them being 15 games under .500 before the deadline and having a winning record after it, and that's why he gets the ranking. @CitySushi
Leadership only takes you so far. Ingram is a better player than CJ right now

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just because he was a Laker doesn't mean he was or is well known. For one, he wasn't playing at this level when he was a Laker (if he was, he'd probably still be a Laker).

Also, he was part of 3 of the more forgettable teams in Lakers history.

And learn when someone is sticking up for you. You were being criticized for ranking him too low and I was giving a possible reason.

So basically, you ended up making yourself look dumb.

Learn to get out of your own way.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just because he was a Laker doesn't mean he was or is well known. For one, he wasn't playing at this level when he was a Laker (if he was, he'd probably still be a Laker).

Also, he was part of 3 of the more forgettable teams in Lakers history.

And learn when someone is sticking up for you. You were being criticized for ranking him too low and I was giving a possible reason.

So basically, you ended up making yourself look dumb.

Learn to get out of your own way.
Appreciate your defense. Just pointed out that I disagree with your reasoning. Because on paper, Ingram's numbers are actually worse than they were last year.

Is he a better player now than then? Absolutely. That said, CJ was the acquisition that gave that team the shot in the arm they needed. It was never about Ingram being "lesser known".

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The entire list is a joke.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Appreciate your defense. Just pointed out that I disagree with your reasoning. Because on paper, Ingram's numbers are actually worse than they were last year.

Is he a better player now than then? Absolutely. That said, CJ was the acquisition that gave that team the shot in the arm they needed. It was never about Ingram being "lesser known".

The point about him being lesser known is that it makes it easier to overlook or under rate him. A couple of posters thought you had him ranked too low. I agree with them, but provided a potential explanation.

Heck, Ingram is "lesser known" enough that I didn't even notice him in your rankings until shane and sushi said he was ranked too low...and he's even one of the former "Lakers kids" that I still try to watch whenever I can. lol

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Admittedly, it's tough to defend Harden after his Game 1 dud last night.

That said, there was once a day when a guy that averaged 20 points/10 assists was guaranteed top 10. His #14 ranking here is due in large part to his track record and overall skill set.

Anyone who makes top 50 usually has regrets after a short period of time. Harden was one of those guys for me last year and may be again this year.

He needs to find a way to put 30 on the board with Joel out of the lineup.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And now? Sitting on his couch eating Doritos. I guess you have to rank guys that dont play but I don’t like it personally. Right now Zion is not a top 50 player, same with Simmons. I’m not even convinced Simmons has a shot anymore….ohh wait
And likewise, I'm not one to pretend those guys aren't in the league anymore.

Same goes for Kawhi and Jamal Murray.

Downgrade, sure. But really the only exception I made to this rule was last year when I left Klay on honorable mention after he had not played in two years.