• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

HurricaneDij's 2016-17 NBA Outlook (September 2016)

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ROY is all about opportunity. It's not so much overall talent that will win, it's who has the most opportunity with the ball in their hands. If you take a look at D'Angelo Russell last year, his numbers when Kobe was off the court were actually really great. I have no doubt that if you gave him the run that Porzingas or Booker got with regularity, he would have been the absolute clear cut #2 to Towns.

That said, I don't think Ingram gets nearly the opportunity. The reason being is I don't believe his body is quite ready to handle the rigors of 82 games with the physicality of his position. Plus the Lakers just signed Deng who will play a lot at the 3. Randle will get all the minutes he can take at the 4. Then you have Clarkson and Russell at the 1-2 spots. Ingram will be lucky to crack 20 minutes a night.

Simmons is the easy favorite for ROY, because the Sixers are going to put him out there for 35 minutes a night regardless of how well or bad he plays. It's another throw away season for them for development of their young talent.

My dark horse sleeper though for ROY is Buddy Hield. Tyreke Evans is pretty much the counter player to everything Gentry wants to do offensively. Add that Gordon is gone now and it opens up a hole for them at the 2, with a great shooter in Hield. I could see Hield cracking the 30 minute mark early on in this season and if he plays well could hold that down.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
did i SAY that? Lol and you wonder why i think you're a friggin' clown sometimes. But i'd imagine SHOOTING would be an essential ingredient as far as who took it...

oh and btw Ingram's "all around game" is definitely comparable. gotta love Lakers haters. change the colors on both these kids and you fools would be singing Ingram's praises...:lol:
its funny how you have such a chip on your shoulder regarding the Lakers after having witnessed the consecutive 2 worst seasons in franchsie history.

Please show me where someone disparaged Ingram. all anyone said is that Simmons is supremely talented and will be given a huge opportunity for playing time and shots in Philly- while Ingram has a lot more vets he is contending with for time and shots. Only a simpleton would fail to recognize that difference.

Somehow you conflate that with- everyone hates the Lakers----- well yah- maybe- lol- but in this particular circumstance no one was saying anything of the sort that Ingram was not a very very talented player....i dont care if you are the love child of Michael Jordan and Serena Williams- if you arent getting shots and PT in line with other high performing rookies- you arent winning the ROY award.

I think Ingram has great potential....but he has very little chance to win the ROY in my opinion.

I gave you the opportunity to make a bet with me who finishes higher- Ingram or Simmons- but it seems you tucked your tail between your legs on that one ;)

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its funny how you have such a chip on your shoulder regarding the Lakers after having witnessed the consecutive 2 worst seasons in franchsie history.

Please show me where someone disparaged Ingram. all anyone said is that Simmons is supremely talented and will be given a huge opportunity for playing time and shots in Philly- while Ingram has a lot more vets he is contending with for time and shots. Only a simpleton would fail to recognize that difference.

Somehow you conflate that with- everyone hates the Lakers----- well yah- maybe- lol- but in this particular circumstance no one was saying anything of the sort that Ingram was not a very very talented player....i dont care if you are the love child of Michael Jordan and Serena Williams- if you arent getting shots and PT in line with other high performing rookies- you arent winning the ROY award.

I think Ingram has great potential....but he has very little chance to win the ROY in my opinion.

I gave you the opportunity to make a bet with me who finishes higher- Ingram or Simmons- but it seems you tucked your tail between your legs on that one ;)

lol what's actually funny is you idiots' bias and trolling. as far as betting onROY it really isn't that important to me...

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So he has to be a shooter to win the ROY award lol. He could average 14, 6, 6 and he could win it. It will be his all-around game that is what makes him special. He cant shoot worth shit but that isn't his game, he will eventually have to develop some kind of shot and if he does he will be very dangerous. That being said, I still think Ingram has a very good shot at winning the ROY.
shooting is just as secondary skill and not important when it comes to Kyrie......when it comes to Simmons its hugely important though......CFL just sticks his finger in the wind and serves up whatever argument serves his purpose for that day...cmon you know that Shane....the hypocrisy is astounding.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But...

i'll make that bet with you IF you're willing to bet me that the Cavs won't repeat as Champs...

Start tucking and running, WiggityWack...:lol:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ROY is all about opportunity. It's not so much overall talent that will win, it's who has the most opportunity with the ball in their hands. If you take a look at D'Angelo Russell last year, his numbers when Kobe was off the court were actually really great. I have no doubt that if you gave him the run that Porzingas or Booker got with regularity, he would have been the absolute clear cut #2 to Towns.

That said, I don't think Ingram gets nearly the opportunity. The reason being is I don't believe his body is quite ready to handle the rigors of 82 games with the physicality of his position. Plus the Lakers just signed Deng who will play a lot at the 3. Randle will get all the minutes he can take at the 4. Then you have Clarkson and Russell at the 1-2 spots. Ingram will be lucky to crack 20 minutes a night.

Simmons is the easy favorite for ROY, because the Sixers are going to put him out there for 35 minutes a night regardless of how well or bad he plays. It's another throw away season for them for development of their young talent.

My dark horse sleeper though for ROY is Buddy Hield. Tyreke Evans is pretty much the counter player to everything Gentry wants to do offensively. Add that Gordon is gone now and it opens up a hole for them at the 2, with a great shooter in Hield. I could see Hield cracking the 30 minute mark early on in this season and if he plays well could hold that down.
I was thinking about Hield as well--- but it seems to me he mightge t pushed around a little bit early on...kinda small for a shooting guard right off the bat........but if he can fill it up and hits 3's- you are right- he will play a lot.

If Rubio getst raded i think Dunn would have an excellent chance at the ROY....he has an NBA ready physique and would get a lot of run with a lot of good players to showcase his skills.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
shooting is just as secondary skill and not important when it comes to Kyrie......when it comes to Simmons its hugely important though......CFL just sticks his finger in the wind and serves up whatever argument serves his purpose for that day...cmon you know that Shane....the hypocrisy is astounding.

It was only a matter of time when a moron would bring kyrie in to a conversation that had nothing to do with him. :L

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

FURTHER proof you're a clown...:pound::pound::pound::pound::pound:

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking about Hield as well--- but it seems to me he mightge t pushed around a little bit early on...kinda small for a shooting guard right off the bat........but if he can fill it up and hits 3's- you are right- he will play a lot.

If Rubio getst raded i think Dunn would have an excellent chance at the ROY....he has an NBA ready physique and would get a lot of run with a lot of good players to showcase his skills.

Yeah the only reason I didn't go with Dunn was because if Rubio does get moved I don't think it happens until the deadline. Rubio is actually a good defender and I think Thibs could like him from the start. If Rubio does get moved, Dunn really gets half a season to get the minutes needed for ROY production, which puts him behind the 8-ball.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who do you got? Ingram? I'm shocked...

I find the rookie of the year to be one of the more irrelevant awards when it comes to the big picture, as it often goes to the guy that pads stats on a lousy team (think MCW). It can often be unpredictable as well given what unique talents of the given prospect is able to translate to the pro level...

But for good measure - I'll go with Simmons. He's clearly the most talented in this year's crop and by all means should be the biggest priority on the Sixers' roster. The Lakers, on the other hand, have a ridiculous commitment to Luol Deng and he'll greatly eat into Ingram's minutes.

I have Dunn.

I also have him taking Rubio's job by the All star break.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh Wiggyyyyyyyyyy...

You ran your idiotic cock holster about a bet...?

don't let the crickets take over the background noise NOW, blabbermouth...:dhd:

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh Wiggyyyyyyyyyy...

You ran your idiotic cock holster about a bet...?

don't let the crickets take over the background noise NOW, blabbermouth...:dhd:

Even if ol wiggster does take the bet you'd never win as he'll just disappear as soon as he loses.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who do you got? Ingram? I'm shocked...

I find the rookie of the year to be one of the more irrelevant awards when it comes to the big picture, as it often goes to the guy that pads stats on a lousy team (think MCW). It can often be unpredictable as well given what unique talents of the given prospect is able to translate to the pro level...

But for good measure - I'll go with Simmons. He's clearly the most talented in this year's crop and by all means should be the biggest priority on the Sixers' roster. The Lakers, on the other hand, have a ridiculous commitment to Luol Deng and he'll greatly eat into Ingram's minutes.

It'll likely come down to Simmons and Ingram. I'd probably go with Simmons too based on all around talent level and the fact that he'll likely have more of a "free reign" on the court than Ingram.

On the other hand, most scouts seemed to think that Ingram was more "NBA ready." However, as you point out, the Lakers have Deng which may well eat into some of Ingram's minutes. A lot will depend on how Luke chooses to use Ingram and Deng. I think a lot will also depend on if Deng's resurgence is real or not. Prior to last year, most thought he was done.

If Deng continues to perform at a high level, it gives the Lakers the luxury of bringing Ingram along a little more slowly. If he doesn't, then Ingram could get enough minutes to be in the ROY conversation and maybe win it.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in LAL, Russell will have the ball in his hands- and there are vets like Deng and Williams and Clarkson (and even Young if he is still there- hes listed on the depth chart right now) who will scoop of plenty of the shots from the #2, and #3 spot.

Agree. If Luke brings the offense that he is expected to bring, there will a ton of ball movement with the emphasis on getting the ball to the guy with the best shot, no matter who it is. Vets like Deng, Williams and Clarkson will know how to get themselves open in ways that Ingram hasn't learned yet.

plus- Ingram looks like a stiff breeze could knock him over at this point- dude needs to get in the gym...Personally- i would have not touched Deng in free agency and just let Ingram play 30+ minutes a night and given him all the shots- but apparently thats not what Walton wanted.

Yeah, Ingram needs to be hitting Fatburger about 5 times a day. lol

The idea behind signing Deng is to bring in a solid veteran and good locker room presence to mentor the kids. The fact that it seems he still has something left in the tank and could actually help win a couple of games helps too.

To teams like the Cavs, Warriors, Spurs, etc. Deng would basically be an unnecessary luxury. To a team like the Lakers, with all of those youngsters, he could be very important to their long term success.

Last edited:

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heads will roll here in NYC if the Knicks miss the playoffs

They won't.

People who have Washington at 8 need to remember that they didn't improve their roster, hired a passive coach and have a jealous John Wall in full on diva mode over Beal's contract....allegedly.

Yeah, the Knicks are the land of broken toys. But, the Wiz kids aren't exactly made out of vibranium either.

I think John's gonna sink the ship when he goes all Stephon Marbury and Brooks won't have the testicular fortitude to stop it.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry I take back my ROY predictions. Forgot about one guy who is going to dominate: Pat McCaw.

:D