• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

HUGE Australian Star Says He's Gay! Will A Certain Tennis Player Follow Suit?

grossefavourite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I should add 'finally' to that because it was clear he was just as it's clear about a certain top ten tennis player.

Ian Thorpe is one of the most popular Australian sportsmen and most decorated swimmers ever. Now he is arguably among the most influential openly gay athletes in the world.

According to Amy Harris and Phil Rothfield of The Daily Telegraph, the nine-time Olympic medalist officially announced that he is gay in an Australian television interview with Sir Michael Parkinson of Channel 10, which will air Sunday.

Thorpe has dated women in the past and denied being gay in his 2012 autobiography "This Is Me," per Harris and Rothfield. In the autobiography, Thorpe said he had struggled with alcohol abuse and depression. Earlier this year, Thorpe was admitted to a rehab clinic to receive treatment for depression.

While Parkinson doesn't believe that Thorpe owes an explanation to anyone, he lauded the interview.

"I think his sexuality is no one's business but his own. But I think it's one of the best interviews I have ever done in terms of (Thorpe) talking about depression and things like that," Parkinson said.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
go away, moron

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He must be gay. He certainly has not gotten tired of being Michael Phelps's bitch.