• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Howard to Rockets?

Edubb

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no doubt that Howard is gone. Now, he states he doesn't care what people think about him makes me think our Lakers won't even be able to sign and trade him. We get nothing! Which, IMO is not such a bad thing.

Time to rebuild.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well stated Retro. I fully agree that if Howard walks, we need to somewhat rebuild. Try to trade Pau(and maybe someone else) to get a top pick in that loaded 2014 draft and hey maybe we can get another piece as well. Then I say we should save our cap space for 2015. I say this because nothing irks me more then when teams strike out on a big free agency period and they just hand out big contracts to what's left. The team would still be competitive this year but if we went through with looking toward the future, this year would basically be Kobe's farewell tour. In 2014, I don't think we draw the big free agents, so as that year would be a waste, again I say keep that cap space and try to hit big in 2015. All of this thinking goes out of the window if Dwight stays, or if Mitch pulls another one of those "no way that happened" trades.

Great point Kold, can't argue with that. Mitch is great with trades, it's his free agency signings that bother me.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So..where's all the Howard hate posts?
I thought James was such a horrific human being for not telling the Cavs his minute by minute intentions.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering the considerable amount of James nuthuggers, James created a lot of apologists for this type of thing (case in point you). Plus the fact that Dwight has already done this once, combined with his average season (by his standards). That ought to explain the lack of hate posts. Can anyone really top James?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering the considerable amount of James nuthuggers, James created a lot of apologists for this type of thing (case in point you). Plus the fact that Dwight has already done this once, combined with his average season (by his standards). That ought to explain the lack of hate posts. Can anyone really top James?

Actually Howard has never done this before, because now, he is actually a free agent.
That means he is under contract with NOBODYwhen the process starts.
There are alot of other FA's who will wisely explore every option and do what is best for THEM.

Can anyone top James? Nope. He's the best player by far in the league right now.:yahoo:

Edubb

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't celebrate just yet. I do think the Heat will win it all again. But, Parker and San Antonio's bigs could cause some match up issues...

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't celebrate just yet. I do think the Heat will win it all again. But, Parker and San Antonio's bigs could cause some match up issues...

Agree. If we start up 2-0, I think its over.
Anything but, and I see a dog fight.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LOL, short answer: hell NO!! that's the price one pays when they drip out that much arrogance...

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So..where's all the Howard hate posts?
I thought James was such a horrific human being for not telling the Cavs his minute by minute intentions.

Lebron caught flak for not informing the Cavs prior to the "Decision." D12 has let everyone know his intentions which are to listen to team's offers starting July 1st and then sign with one of them. It would only be similar if he goes on TV and announces his decision prior to informing the Lakers.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron caught flak for not informing the Cavs prior to the "Decision." D12 has let everyone know his intentions which are to listen to team's offers starting July 1st and then sign with one of them. It would only be similar if he goes on TV and announces his decision prior to informing the Lakers.

This makes zero sense. Every team involved, including the Cavs knew when he was going to announce his decision.

Although some things leaked out during the day if, the intent for paying him was so people would hear it there first.
Plus, what was leaked, didnt have to be true.

James obviously let the Cavs know he was listening to offers. It was their choice to wait for an answer or attempt to sign others if they chose not to wait.

Neither Howard, nor James owe/ owed their team any special treatment or notice.
How much notice was Deron Williams given when he was traded in the middle of the night?

For all we know, Howard's mind might already be made up. That doesn't mean he shouldn't go through the process.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hate when this happens hahahahahahah!!

Y! SPORTS

I feel bad because I bet it was some young 20 something fresh out of college who wrote the letter. They're a marketing grad and don't know shit about league rules and will get fired.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This makes zero sense. Every team involved, including the Cavs knew when he was going to announce his decision.

Although some things leaked out during the day if, the intent for paying him was so people would hear it there first.
Plus, what was leaked, didnt have to be true.

James obviously let the Cavs know he was listening to offers. It was their choice to wait for an answer or attempt to sign others if they chose not to wait.

Neither Howard, nor James owe/ owed their team any special treatment or notice.
How much notice was Deron Williams given when he was traded in the middle of the night?

For all we know, Howard's mind might already be made up. That doesn't mean he shouldn't go through the process.

I make complete sense. I was just answering your question about where all the hate posts for Howard were. When did I say he shouldn't go through the process? I think he should. I've never had a problem with a free agent exploring his options.

Yes, every team new about the timing of the "Decision." It was a show advertised on TV. Everyone new Lebron was entertaining other offers. What happened was Lebron received flak for not informing the Cavs of his decision prior to the "Decision." I agree that he wasn't obligated to do it. I was simply showing why there haven't been hate posts for Howard since you were comparing it to what happened with Lebron. They are at different points of the process.

Edubb

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
YASIEL PUIG!!!!! Oh, this isn't the Dodgers page... Sorry.

Oh, nice win by the Spurs last night. If the Kings had won, it would have been a perfect evening!

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As bad as it looks for the Lakers next season, a sweep by the Spurs is the best thing going right now.