• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Howard to Rockets?

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It came out this weekend that his stay in Los Angeles might be short for Howard. Really? Almost anyone and everyone could see this coming. I think it is the DA thing. If he is the coach, Howard is gone if not to Houston then somewhere else. Small Buss better figure it out or the Staples Center will just be the home of the Clippers and the Lakers will just be an after thought, just saying.

RedRum

You Cant Handle the Truth
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It came out this weekend that his stay in Los Angeles might be short for Howard. Really? Almost anyone and everyone could see this coming. I think it is the DA thing. If he is the coach, Howard is gone if not to Houston then somewhere else. Small Buss better figure it out or the Staples Center will just be the home of the Clippers and the Lakers will just be an after thought, just saying.

Howard may have more in common with LeBron than we thought... he cant do it by himself is for sure ( win a ring) , so he needs to be hopping from SUperstar team to superstar until he is able to leach a title from another star.

Then he can take the credit since the pressure was never on him to start with.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Howard may have more in common with LeBron than we thought... he cant do it by himself is for sure ( win a ring) , so he needs to be hopping from SUperstar team to superstar until he is able to leach a title from another star.

He actually thought he went to that type of team last year:lol:

Now,let us know which player ever won it by himself.
What a stupid comment by you.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he goes to Houston he's a bigger idiot than i thought. we can pay him 30 million more than anyone else.
if he does leave we need to do something or we may be headed for years of mediocrity.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he goes to Houston he's a bigger idiot than i thought. we can pay him 30 million more than anyone else.
if he does leave we need to do something or we may be headed for years of mediocrity.

The Lakers need a couple of GUARDS who can penetrate and feed their forwards. They didn't even need Dwight Howard.

Until their GM realizes this, yes, you will join the Hawks in permanent mediocrity.

Last edited by a moderator:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers need a couple of GUARDS who can penetrate and feed their forwards. They didn't even need Dwight Howard.

Until their GM realizes this, yes, you will join the Hawks in permanent mediocrity.

We have needed a point for a while i thought Nash was better than he played for us. i dont know if his injuries really slowed him down or his old age but we could really use a point. I hope Kobe agrees to an amnesty and frees up some cash.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have needed a point for a while i thought Nash was better than he played for us. i dont know if his injuries really slowed him down or his old age but we could really use a point. I hope Kobe agrees to an amnesty and frees up some cash.

Just call your AD and trade somebody lousy for one of our guards. Atlanta makes terrible trades every year. They'll take a low paid guard for Teague, most likely.

Thumper

The "winners" won't let me post.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Howard owns a mansion and lives in Bel Air.

Close to Staples.

People say things on the radio to get you excited.

Most of you complained about Dwight non-stop. So if he goes, he goes.

The world will still revolve around the sun.

Thumper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I must concur.

Well said, Red Rum.

Thumper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, I heard Colin Cowherd today too, Genah.

Lakers need some youth in the back-court.

but as he said- it's not a shipwreck!

A little infusion of youth at the guard position.

Because Stevie Nash & Kobe are here to stay- they won't get as banged up-

Thumper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lasgop;

imo Nash was great when he could play- he missed so many games!

They are not Amnestying Kobe. chill out.

Those are two great guards! World class! Let them have a training camp together!

The team will address back-court needs. Why all the agitation now?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off, Dwight has said from day one that he will take his time in making this decision. I seriously doubt that this even came from Dwight as he has said he was going to "unplug" for awhile and not even think about anything basketball related.

This is likely either a leverage move by Dwight's agent against the Lakers to ensure that Dwight gets the coach he wants and/or whom they will target to re-build around Dwight after next season. Or, it may simply be the product of a bored reporter or 2 on a slow news day!!

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with Thumper that it is in Howard's best interest to stay with the Lakers. He lives here and needs pieces to work with for the Lakers to win. It will be difficult the next season until the cap clears but if Howard thinks about it, LA is about winning championships and this time it will just take a little time.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Lasgop8, I guess we are going to find out soon enough especially in light of the fact that Dont'knowi is not going anywhere anytime soon.

Big Red Slugs

Captain Hook
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You do understand that basketball is a big man's game, don't you?

And, as many of us have pointed out specifically for you previously, the Lakers have won a lot of titles on the backs of big men and we've also won a lot of titles recently with mediocre point guards. In fact, guard play is the easiest thing to shut down defensively.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just went straight to resurfacing BRS' thread and didn't notice that this had already been brought up recently. Basically, where I'm at now is the Lakers MUST continue to live by the standard that they have set over the years.....and that is to keep the young star by ANY means necassary. I wasn't around for it, but Jerry Buss ditched Paul Westhead for Magic who wanted Westhead gone because of his system, and he kept Kobe throughout well, everything. Jim Buss has to swallow his pride(much like his dad did with Kobe), and keep Dwight no matter what. If that's bringing back Phil, then do it, because if Dwight walks, we will have 2 chances for our future...slim and none, and slim will "walk out of the building" to the Rockets.

Big Red Slugs

Captain Hook
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with Kold. The Lakers have to retain Howard. Even if it means (gasp!) bringing back the greatest coach ever.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with Kold. The Lakers have to retain Howard. Even if it means (gasp!) bringing back the greatest coach ever.

I just don't get it. I've been on the Dwight will resign bandwaggon all the way since last summer. Then, I was 100% sure that this would not even be close to an issue if it came down to Dwight or D'antoni. It's really common sense. You bite the bullet to make the young star happy and I know it's not good to set that precedent, but like I said that precedent has already been set. You just have to know what to say publically to make it look like it was strictly a personnel move although it never is in these situations. Also, Phil over Dantoni is not some erroneous move. Bring back Phil and let him choose his successor when he walks. That was the plan(well atleast Phil's plan) when he retired recently. FTR, I still think Dwight eventually stays....as much as I'm not 100% sure about the Jim Buss/D'antoni situation, I just cannot fathom them saying you know what, D'antoni is a higher priority than Dwight.