• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How you know that Minnesota is irrelevant.

HawkFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
giphy.gif
at Wisc is their toughest game.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im talking about actual sports — not programs that only exist because they are funded by sports that actually make money.

I couldn’t care less about VB, softball, swimming, gymnastics, polo or any other women’s sport. Basketball is about the only sport who could possibly bring in some sort of revenue for women. Gymnastics if you are in the South.

UMn's fb, bb & men's hk teams are dominated right now by Sophs. Fb tm finished 10th, bb tm is still within reach of making the ncaa tourney, the hk team has one 7-1-1 in it's last 9 games, 9-2-2 in it's last 13, after losing 4 straight to the #5 and #1 ranked teams, 2 of those loses were 1 goal losses, the games vs the #5 team were on the road. When they came to UMn to play, we pummeled them 6-3 and 4-1. So this team full of Sophs and Frosh are on fire. UMn's fb coach Fleck is the bomb, if we can keep him, we'll be dominating the B1G West for as long as he's there and beating lame ass Michigan every time we meet them, too. The Hockey team has the talent right now to win a title, maybe this year, but the next 2 years for sure, but granted, all 3 teams could lost players early to the pros. Even the baseball team has a Pre-season All-American pitcher and they are slotted to come in 2nd in the B1G. The wrestling team is also dominated by Frosh and sophs and yet still ranked pretty decently.

And women's VB at Minnesota may not make money, but they don't lose it, either, same with the wrestling program. Hockey makes money at UMn, so that is 6 sports at UMn that either make money or at least break even.

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Minnesota can't even break the top 25 in list of schools with most championships all time.

Oregon did.

BOOM

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've already told you, I don't actually live in Alexandria, lol. I'd never put in my actual home town.

But it doesn't matter, I have the best of both worlds, I have the outdoors, the lake, small town life, the peace, the quiet, etc., and then when I go to Gopher's game, I can live it up in an actual Metropolis. Iowa??? lol Never mind.

You posted fake military records with your name on it, but you won't post what town you live in?

Derp

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He might not stay here forever, but he's not leaving until he at least wins UMn a Big Ten title and maybe a Natl Title, too. But if he does that, why would he leave?

Seriously? If UMn can pay him as much as anyone else, why would he feel the need to leave?

He still has work to do in Minnesota as far as turning the program around. Why would he leave? The challenge of turning a second program around. You seem to act like Minnesota can offer Fleck more money than any other program in the country.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He still has work to do in Minnesota as far as turning the program around. Why would he leave? The challenge of turning a second program around. You seem to act like Minnesota can offer Fleck more money than any other program in the country.

But, but, but...the FORTUNE 500 companies. And Dance Team.

Angry red

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"pig shit"??? Do you dumbfucks down in Eye-Oh-Ah still use pig shit to fertilize your fields? lol

Up here in Minnesota we have discovered something called modern technology? lol You all should look into that.

Prideth cometh beforeth theth falleth, bro.
WWJD?

Angry red

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, says the Iowa fan whose team has NEVER won a Natl Title in a sport other than Wrasslin.

UMn's put TWICE AS MANY players into the cfb HOF as Iowa.

And UMn leads the head to head series 62-49 or something like that? That's not even close!!!

Your only Heisman winner and the namesake of your stadium was a Gopher reject. He wanted to play for the Gophers, not Iowa, Iowa was his 2nd choice after UMn rejected him. Good for him that he grew up, gained some weight, some muscle, and garnered success, but what does that say that Iowa took the scrawny runt in while UMn felt he wasn't worth their time? As a gambler, sure, you don't win 100%, you don't expect to, nor plan to, you play the odds, and Bierman looked at that scrawny kid and didn't think the risk was worth it. Iowa sucked and couldn't afford to pass up on scrawny Gopher rejects and took a long shot gamble on Nile and ended up with a winner, good for them, lol. Even a broken clock is right twice a day. But Iowa has still always sucked.

UMn got out of your way for almost all of 50 years, and what have your boys done with all that time? You fuckers let Wisconsin take control of the West. lol

Since UMn stepped back, what has Iowa done that is so glorious? A single Top 5 finish? Any? Even One? Come on, surely there is at least one Top 5 finish???

NOT ONE???

How is that possible?

And I CHOSE to live out in the sticks, AFTER living in the Big City.

And of course you live here in Minnesota, because Iowa sucks. And of course you don't think Minnesota sucks, because it doesn't. You think the Gophers suck because you are a loser Hawkeye fan, you have to think that, doesn't make it true you poor sap.

Fella, you've crossed a line. Doesn't matter a forum or in real life. Just back up. I haven't even finished the thread. Take the boot, and stfu.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fella, you've crossed a line. Doesn't matter a forum or in real life. Just back up. I haven't even finished the thread. Take the boot, and stfu.

Agreed. Methinks he needs some time in the toilet bowl to reassess his posting.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UMn's fb, bb & men's hk teams are dominated right now by Sophs. Fb tm finished 10th, bb tm is still within reach of making the ncaa tourney, the hk team has one 7-1-1 in it's last 9 games, 9-2-2 in it's last 13, after losing 4 straight to the #5 and #1 ranked teams, 2 of those loses were 1 goal losses, the games vs the #5 team were on the road. When they came to UMn to play, we pummeled them 6-3 and 4-1. So this team full of Sophs and Frosh are on fire. UMn's fb coach Fleck is the bomb, if we can keep him, we'll be dominating the B1G West for as long as he's there and beating lame ass Michigan every time we meet them, too. The Hockey team has the talent right now to win a title, maybe this year, but the next 2 years for sure, but granted, all 3 teams could lost players early to the pros. Even the baseball team has a Pre-season All-American pitcher and they are slotted to come in 2nd in the B1G. The wrestling team is also dominated by Frosh and sophs and yet still ranked pretty decently.

And women's VB at Minnesota may not make money, but they don't lose it, either, same with the wrestling program. Hockey makes money at UMn, so that is 6 sports at UMn that either make money or at least break even.