• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How would you feel if Dallas goes offense in Rd.1?

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I am reading, there seems to be growing sentiment within the organization that offense may be the pick in the first round. This is only based on a handful of comments and tweets, so I just wanted to pose this for discussion. I'm curious what everyone's thoughts are on the subject?

Myself, I wouldn't be very happy. Offense hasn't been the problem for a while. I don't see any position on the offense that requires a first round pick -- this offense is in good hands going forward. Even if one of the premium offensive talents falls, I would prefer a trade down to a team in need. As great as Mike Evans might be, he is not needed. This draft needs to be about defense.

Last edited by a moderator:

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's gotta be defense or oline if that is the value because of a run on defense.

I don't get this Evans push. I think he'll need time to develop and I remain most unsure he's all that to begin with. I'll shoot jerry myself if he drafts a role player in round one

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only one I would consider at 16 is lewan. If it is someone else I am gonna be pisst. Evans is interesting,but we hace other needs. I would rather see us add tevin Reese in the later rounds. Reese would complement TWill and Bryant very well.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's gotta be defense or oline if that is the value because of a run on defense.

I don't get this Evans push. I think he'll need time to develop and I remain most unsure he's all that to begin with. I'll shoot jerry myself if he drafts a role player in round one

I can't justify anything other than defense. I was pretty happy with the O-line play going down the stretch. The left side is golden and the right side is solid enough with Free and Bearnadeux improving. Demarco Murray led the league in YPC I think, among qualified backs. If one of the top tackles falls, I would be pretty confident that there will be a team picking in the twenties that would pay a pretty penny for our pick. I think Calvin Pryor would be there for us in the mid to early 20's.

Ekspozed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would not be mad if we found our RT for the next 10 years.

I'm just hoping we finally get our safety.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agree on all. i have a funny feeling that someone is going to be very unhappy with their pick of Evans a year from now...

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
like i said in another thread it would not surprise me to see JJ trade down in the 1st and go OG

Eiknarflin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only change that is needed to our offense can't be drafted, because it doesn't have to do with not having enough talent. Sure, we could improve on the line a bit, and if there is no S, DL, or LB worth drafting in the first and a stud OLman is there, I would be fine. That doesn't seem likely, though, and the change that we need most on offense is a more balanced attack, which means running more and passing less.

We played some terrible defense this last year, and a large part of the reason for that is lack of talent on that side of the ball. That can be remedied this year in the draft. The remaining blame for our defense's horrible season goes on the head coach, the play caller, and the QB for not eating up time on the clock when and where we could. Three times last year we lost because we were passing the ball when we should have been running the ball. Those three games not only cost us getting into the playoffs, but a first round bye as well.

I'm not saying I would be the one to personally shoot Jerry for drafting a roll player in the first, but I sure would take vacation to attend Jerry's funeral and PDay's trial.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it's someone who will add an extra TD a game to our score then fine, if not then no. I figure we will be hard pressed to stop people from scoring this season and maybe next, so why not out score them? Only players that even have the potential to give us a +7 on O in the top 16 picks would be Watkins, Evans, and Benjamin and this excludes QB's of course. Btw I said potential to add not would. I personally think both Evans and Benjamin will take a season to develop but will be good players in the NFL. So realistic question would be would you draft Evans or Benjamin at 16? Me personally no I'd trade down, draft the one who fell, if neither than I'd take BPA, this draft is deep at WR first round talent can be had in second at WR in this draft.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If a top Tackle or G fell in our laps I would not be opposed to picking them if all the D help was picked over and the T or G was rated higher. Ol has been left out for a long time but with that said we do need D help in a bad way.

CarlSr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much with the group on this one. I'll take the best defender available, unless I don't like what I see, and there's an exceptional O-lineman still on the board. A WR in the 1st round would drive me nuts.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the pick remains at 16, WR Watkins, OT's Robinson, Matthews, Lewan or Taylor, fine by me. Anyone else, total fail

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone will fall, happens every year, question is who will be this years Rodgers? Will it be a QB, WR, etc that was expected to be a top 10 lock that falls?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No player will be worth 7 points per game

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No player will be worth 7 points per game

Beg to differ, a player might not average 7 extra a game for us, but to give us a +7 by having them on the field sure they can. You don't think AP is a +10 guy when on the field? I think Dez is a +7 guy even if he doesn't score he opens opportunities for us to do so. Murray when healthy and gets 20+ carries is probably a +7 guy for us.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone will fall, happens every year, question is who will be this years Rodgers? Will it be a QB, WR, etc that was expected to be a top 10 lock that falls?

loaded draft but of those positions you listed the one i think is most likely to drop is the QB. the ones available are not game changers and it is possible that 1 or more of them will not only drop out of the top 10 or 15 but they could completely drop out of the 1st round

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beg to differ, a player might not average 7 extra a game for us, but to give us a +7 by having them on the field sure they can. You don't think AP is a +10 guy when on the field? I think Dez is a +7 guy even if he doesn't score he opens opportunities for us to do so. Murray when healthy and gets 20+ carries is probably a +7 guy for us.

No Peterson is not worth 10+ points a game. Do you think Vegas would change the line by 10 if he wasn't playing? I can guarantee they would change it by 7 for Dez.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So if we trade up for Watkins and then trade for AP we are the greatest team in the history of the NFL?