• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How will Mack affect the predicted win total?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Be nice to the Packer fan he is just talking football. Hey Leggs if you got away with that once, what are the odds you can do it again?

But honestly sacks are nice but making the QB throw early or scared or nervous or out of rythem is huge too. We do have more then Mack and we were like 7th in sacks last year and that's with Floyd missing good time. I think it's gonna be a really good game.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Be nice to the Packer fan he is just talking football. Hey Leggs if you got away with that once, what are the odds you can do it again?

But honestly sacks are nice but making the QB throw early or scared or nervous or out of rythem is huge too. We do have more then Mack and we were like 7th in sacks last year and that's with Floyd missing good time. I think it's gonna be a really good game.
What should we expect from your GB def?

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without a doubt it sends a message that winning now is the priority. That message is bigger than any player. I really like that the message was delivered a week before it's go time.

Can't improve on my predicted win total of 19. But perhaps we will win every game by no less than 24 now.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a big thing too come Sunday. Even if Mack isn't fully conditioned or GB does somehow manage to slow him again. He still warrants so much attention and Akiem Hicks, Floyd... etc... could see things really open up.

Nelly

Respectin' hoes, nationwide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a big thing too come Sunday. Even if Mack isn't fully conditioned or GB does somehow manage to slow him again. He still warrants so much attention and Akiem Hicks, Floyd... etc... could see things really open up.
That's the biggest impact that Mack will have. If he's drawing double teams, tight ends and backs to always chip him, Fangio can plan around that and we've got other guys who should be able to take advantage of so many single blocking assignments.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The last time the Packers and Rodgers went up against Oakland with Mack it was in Oakland in 2015. Mack just come off of 3 games where he totaled 9 sacks. When the Packers played them Bulaga held him to 0 sacks. The Packers O line is pretty decent and one of the tops in the league when they have all the starters. They have played against him before. Hopefully this year they will be able to do as well as the last time against Mack.
Check your facts next time. I gave you the benefit of the doubt and you were wrong. Mack beat Bulaga for a sack. Now you got Hicks, Floyd, and Goldman to deal with on the pass rush as well. Good luck.

I left a link for you to check my facts. I’d also like you to check out Rodgers stats for that game. Pretty underwhelming considering the crap Mack was playing with.

Packers vs. Raiders - Box Score - December 20, 2015 - ESPN

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What should we expect from your GB def?

I wish I knew that is what most all Packer fans are waiting to see. The DC has had success in previous places not being lower than a top 10 defense from what I have heard. With added pieces maybe he can improve it. With luck Wilkerson will play like he did when he last had Pettine and if he plays well along with Daniels and Clark that would be a good D line. I am not worried about the back end as that is much improved. If they can some how stay healthy which is a challenge they should be improved but how much is yet to be seen.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Check your facts next time. I gave you the benefit of the doubt and you were wrong. Mack beat Bulaga for a sack. Now you got Hicks, Floyd, and Goldman to deal with on the pass rush as well. Good luck.

I left a link for you to check my facts. I’d also like you to check out Rodgers stats for that game. Pretty underwhelming considering the crap Mack was playing with.

Packers vs. Raiders - Box Score - December 20, 2015 - ESPN

Yes I did see in another place Mack got 1 sack. I was quoting from a place off the Packer website where a staff writer posted what I posted here so he was wrong.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish I knew that is what most all Packer fans are waiting to see. The DC has had success in previous places not being lower than a top 10 defense from what I have heard. With added pieces maybe he can improve it. With luck Wilkerson will play like he did when he last had Pettine and if he plays well along with Daniels and Clark that would be a good D line. I am not worried about the back end as that is much improved. If they can some how stay healthy which is a challenge they should be improved but how much is yet to be seen.

I know they drafted like 15 CB's en shit?? That's about all I know tho

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know they drafted like 15 CB's en shit?? That's about all I know tho

Well they have King from last year, 2 more drafted this year, they brought Tramon Williams back, House is back as well with veteran leadership, Williams and King are starting corners

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My packer buddy who’s very knowledgeable about football is expecting the defense to suck. The young CBs will need at least a year to acclimate to the NFL. Outside of Matthews, linebackers are terrible from what I hear and he’s getting old. The Dline is pretty good, but not good enough to carry a defense.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My packer buddy who’s very knowledgeable about football is expecting the defense to suck. The young CBs will need at least a year to acclimate to the NFL. Outside of Matthews, linebackers are terrible from what I hear and he’s getting old. The Dline is pretty good, but not good enough to carry a defense.

The rookie corners wont be starting that will be Tramon Williams and last years first round pick King from the U of Washington who was the best corner in the draft in 2017. When they bring in an extra corner it could be house or one of the rookies but the rookies have been great in preseason with pick 6s and such.

If Matthews and Perry stay healthy on the outside they should be adequate but not quite the same as a few years back. There is a young guy who has been on the team like 3 years named Gilbert he was on the 53 late last the season and played well and has had an amazing camp getting a bunch of sacks the other outside back up is Fackrel who is in his 3 year and has improved and developed and played well in preseason.

On this inside Martinez in quite good he lead the team in tackles last year. The problem was when Ryan was knocked out for the year. Our new GM though did not decide to just develop younger talent to see what they could do and he went on got 2 other experienced inside linebackers one Korey Toomr who has played quite a few years and was a part-time starter for San Diego/LA in 2016-17, Toomer recorded over 100 total tackles, five forced fumbles, two sacks and five passes defensed, one of which was an interception returned for a touchdown. The other Antonio Morrison came from the Colts. He was able to start with the Colts as a rookie late in the 2016 season. Morrison made an immediate impact during the Colts’ final four regular-season games. He had more than half (32) of his total tackles (52) during that four-game stretch to solidify himself in the defense, including an 11-tackle performance against Oakland in Week 16. The 6-foot-1, 241-pound linebacker started all 15 games he played for Indianapolis in 2017, leading the defense with 109 tackles (64 solo). With Indianapolis transitioning to a 4-3 defense, Morrison had been running with the second-team defense in camp this year and a trade was made where we sent a safety who would not get much time on the field to the Colts who needed help at that position. Oren Burks the Packer rookie that was planning on starting may be out a few weeks with a dinged up shoulder he got in preseason but he had looked good as well. But now with the 2 additional experienced back ups the GM got the inside linebacker position is not as bad as most people are assuming.

Everyone has their opinions and mine is the defense will be better than last year if health stays with the team. Just how much yet though I am not sure. I will be up at Lambeau on Sun night and look forward to a good game it will be interesting to see how each team uses their new strategies.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The rookie corners wont be starting that will be Tramon Williams and last years first round pick King from the U of Washington who was the best corner in the draft in 2017. When they bring in an extra corner it could be house or one of the rookies but the rookies have been great in preseason with pick 6s and such.

If Matthews and Perry stay healthy on the outside they should be adequate but not quite the same as a few years back. There is a young guy who has been on the team like 3 years named Gilbert he was on the 53 late last the season and played well and has had an amazing camp getting a bunch of sacks the other outside back up is Fackrel who is in his 3 year and has improved and developed and played well in preseason.

On this inside Martinez in quite good he lead the team in tackles last year. The problem was when Ryan was knocked out for the year. Our new GM though did not decide to just develop younger talent to see what they could do and he went on got 2 other experienced inside linebackers one Korey Toomr who has played quite a few years and was a part-time starter for San Diego/LA in 2016-17, Toomer recorded over 100 total tackles, five forced fumbles, two sacks and five passes defensed, one of which was an interception returned for a touchdown. The other Antonio Morrison came from the Colts. He was able to start with the Colts as a rookie late in the 2016 season. Morrison made an immediate impact during the Colts’ final four regular-season games. He had more than half (32) of his total tackles (52) during that four-game stretch to solidify himself in the defense, including an 11-tackle performance against Oakland in Week 16. The 6-foot-1, 241-pound linebacker started all 15 games he played for Indianapolis in 2017, leading the defense with 109 tackles (64 solo). With Indianapolis transitioning to a 4-3 defense, Morrison had been running with the second-team defense in camp this year and a trade was made where we sent a safety who would not get much time on the field to the Colts who needed help at that position. Oren Burks the Packer rookie that was planning on starting may be out a few weeks with a dinged up shoulder he got in preseason but he had looked good as well. But now with the 2 additional experienced back ups the GM got the inside linebacker position is not as bad as most people are assuming.

Everyone has their opinions and mine is the defense will be better than last year if health stays with the team. Just how much yet though I am not sure. I will be up at Lambeau on Sun night and look forward to a good game it will be interesting to see how each team uses their new strategies.
Good run down. I know very little of the packers defense and even less about Pettine. I think it will be a good test for the offense. I feel like the bears have been withholding more than usual in anticipation for this game. I can’t wait to see how Nagy uses Miller, Cohen, and Gabriel. That’s three guys that can blow the top off of a defense. Miller looks like a legit OROY candidate in camp. Everyone he faced had trouble covering him in training camp. I feel like Nagy has been actively trying to keep Miller a secret. I’m also excited to see how Burton and Robinson are utilized in the offense. Burton will get a lot of targets it seems. Then word is Howard has improved his pass catching, which if true would add another dimension to the offense while he’s on the field. The Oline is average to pretty good. We got a hole at RT and could improve our center. The most important addition was Bringing in Nagy to call the plays instead of Darrell loggains last year. We all knew loggains was your typical crappy bears offensive play caller ala Turner, Trestman, etc. from the time they signed him. Nagy should be a better in game coach than Fox as well. I think the sky is the limit with this offense, but it all rests on Trubiskys unproven shoulders. I have to admit, there hasn’t been this much excitement for a bears team in years. They are going to surprise the haters this year.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good run down. I know very little of the packers defense and even less about Pettine. I think it will be a good test for the offense. I feel like the bears have been withholding more than usual in anticipation for this game. I can’t wait to see how Nagy uses Miller, Cohen, and Gabriel. That’s three guys that can blow the top off of a defense. Miller looks like a legit OROY candidate in camp. Everyone he faced had trouble covering him in training camp. I feel like Nagy has been actively trying to keep Miller a secret. I’m also excited to see how Burton and Robinson are utilized in the offense. Burton will get a lot of targets it seems. Then word is Howard has improved his pass catching, which if true would add another dimension to the offense while he’s on the field. The Oline is average to pretty good. We got a hole at RT and could improve our center. The most important addition was Bringing in Nagy to call the plays instead of Darrell loggains last year. We all knew loggains was your typical crappy bears offensive play caller ala Turner, Trestman, etc. from the time they signed him. Nagy should be a better in game coach than Fox as well. I think the sky is the limit with this offense, but it all rests on Trubiskys unproven shoulders. I have to admit, there hasn’t been this much excitement for a bears team in years. They are going to surprise the haters this year.

Pettine started his career working with Rex Ryan at Baltimore in 2001 and then followed Ryan to the Jets when Ryan was the head coach there. Pettine, as Rex Ryan's "right-hand man", reportedly received a three-year deal to lead the Jets defense. Pettine has been credited with contributing strongly to the Jets number one defense in the NFL in 2009. His tenure with the Jets ended after the 2012 season, with the expiration of his contract. In 2010 the Jets were the 3rd ranked defense, in 2011 the 5th ranked defense, in 2012 the 8th ranked defense. He then went to Buffalo for 2013 and has the 10th ranked D. He was then offered the head coaching job at Cleveland and coached there for 2 years and actually won some games in his 2 years having a record of 10 - 22. When he was head coach at Cleveland the defense in 2014 had the 23rd ranked defense and in 2015 his last year with Cleveland he had the 27th ranked defense. He actually started the 2014 season in Cleveland with a 7-4 record I mean the Cleveland fans had to be flying sky high with that type of start to the season.

His first work since ending with Cleveland will be this year with GB.

This shows he has had a top 10 defense every year that he was only a DC . This is why he was brought to Green Bay. As they have not had many top 10 defenses in recent history the last 3 years were 22, 23, and 15th. The last top 10 was in 2010 when they last won the Super bowl. So based on past history there is hope for improvement as it wont take much to get better.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't view the Bears as a higher win total team now. Not necessarily. But I view the team as significantly better.

I'd bet real money on Chicago not finishing last in the division in the next three seasons. I wouldn't have done that a week ago. Still see 6-7 wins in 2018.

Is that logically contradictory?

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't view the Bears as a higher win total team now. Not necessarily. But I view the team as significantly better.

I'd bet real money on Chicago not finishing last in the division in the next three seasons. I wouldn't have done that a week ago. Still see 6-7 wins in 2018.

I could see 6-7 wins if the wheels came off this season. But I'm thinking 9 or possibly 10 victories right now... Everything depends on Trubs.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That’s the general consensus outside of Chicago. Chemistry issues might hurt the season, but I think they have the talent to win the division.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

6 or 7 wins would be hugely disappointing. I believe we win 9 or 10 before mack. Now I expect 11 or more and div crown. This team improved greatly in all area's and that was before landing Mack. I'm more excited about Nagy and Mitch then Mack.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody is sniffing the Vikings this season, imo.

If they lose more than four, I'll be very surprised.

I have Detroit at 5-6 wins. And they aren't rebuilding. Another Rodgers injury season and I'd say second place is a reality for Chicago. Minny is one of the best 2-3 teams in football though. But things can change.

Loved the trade for you guys. And I'm a believer in Trub too. Nothing wrong with optimism, wish I had a reason for optimism. Enjoy it, fuggers.