• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How will Mack affect the predicted win total?

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure that outside of the QB spot, a single player can alter a team's win total to any measurable degree. But a pass rushing, QB feasting DE/OLB is right up there with a top notch RB,WR, and shutdown CB as ranking the second most important player on the field. In Mack's case, it's not just his direct play, but how his presence reverberates thruout the D. Prior to acquiring him, I was hesitating between an 8-8 and 9-7 record for the Bears, probably leaning to the 8-8 side. Now my new hesitation is between 9-7 and 10-6, with the lean going to the 10 win side.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somewhere between 1-1.75 wins just semi-arbitrarily eyeballing it; that's a lot for a single defensive player.

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the defense had improved before the Bears acquired Mack, but now I think they could be in the top 5. But as far as wins, I think that really depends on MT and his development into the franchise QB we all hope he will become. Certainly, the Bears have provided him plenty of tools on offense, but now with a wickedly sick defense on the other side of the ball he should have better odds to grow.

I think the addition of Mack could give the Bears 2 more wins this year.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somewhere between 1-1.75 wins just semi-arbitrarily eyeballing it; that's a lot for a single defensive player.
But as I previously stated, Mack brings a cascading effect that's hard to measure vs just weighing in directly on his play. If he's now the primary target for double teaming by the opposing offense, that frees up Hicks, Floyd, or whichever LB/S/CB gets the call to blitz to fight off no more than single blocking. Mack's ability to penetrate the backfield or at least put greater pressure on the blockers makes for easier coverage with our DBs. It also allows more sideline-sideline roaming for Trevathan and Smith.

And as we all know, so many times NFL games are won or lost in the closing minutes because the contests are that tight. Not sure why thinking that by adding such a defensive force - a top 3-4 defensive player in the league mind you - can't possibly add 1-2 more wins for the team. Sure, that extra win or wins may not happen, but I think an argument for it is just as strong as any argument against it.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But as I previously stated, Mack brings a cascading effect that's hard to measure vs just weighing in directly on his play. If he's now the primary target for double teaming by the opposing offense, that frees up Hicks, Floyd, or whichever LB/S/CB gets the call to blitz to fight off no more than single blocking. Mack's ability to penetrate the backfield or at least put greater pressure on the blockers makes for easier coverage with our DBs. It also allows more sideline-sideline roaming for Trevathan and Smith.

And as we all know, so many times NFL games are won or lost in the closing minutes because the contests are that tight. Not sure why thinking that by adding such a defensive force - a top 3-4 defensive player in the league mind you - can't possibly add 1-2 more wins for the team. Sure, that extra win or wins may not happen, but I think an argument for it is just as strong as any argument against it.
There's certainly the elusive cascading impact Mack has. 1-2 wins is a pretty safe-ish range as far as Mack's impact in a vacuum I feel like though. If it ends up being much more than that, fantastic.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's certainly the elusive cascading impact Mack has. 1-2 wins is a pretty safe-ish range as far as Mack's impact in a vacuum I feel like though. If it ends up being much more than that, fantastic.
Yes indeed. I mean, I know I'm talking all this shit and as I conceded, his presence may not give us a single additional win. We still need our offense led by Trubisky to step it up as well. But I like what Mack brings to the table, both directly and indirectly.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bears D kept them in a lot of games last year, that they really had no business being in. Mitch did an admirable job with absolutely nothing at the WR position.

All I know, is anyone who still thinks the Bears are a joke, are in store for a rude awakening.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I know, is anyone who still thinks the Bears are a joke, are in store for a rude awakening.

You mean every NFL fan outside Chicago? People (fans of other teams) are sleeping on this team in a way I never seen. We are gonna shock a lot of people and I felt this way before Mack. 10+ wins.

PS. I checked out other NFCN boards to see what they think of the Mack trade and most think we got a monster but none think our record will change against them. Even a detoilet fan said sweep still on. LOL I believe we sweep them even before Mack got here.

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bears D kept them in a lot of games last year, that they really had no business being in. Mitch did an admirable job with absolutely nothing at the WR position.

Seems every Packer fan is in denial that the Bears are ascending. They literally cannot handle it.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems every Packer fan is in denial that the Bears are ascending. They literally cannot handle it.
Well in a way I can't say as I blame them. With few exceptions they have been dominating us for more than two decades. It has become almost an afterthought. But the times they are a-changin'.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well in a way I can't say as I blame them. With few exceptions they have been dominating us for more than two decades. It has become almost an afterthought. But the times they are a-changin'.
We had a few years there with urlacher and co, but yeah, you’re mostly right.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Akiem Hicks is one of the low key studs in this league who should blow up and have a big year with Mack here.

I wonder how many snaps he'll get week 1?

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW... I haven't seen so much excitement about the Bears since '06. Hell, even BS is being level-headed.

After all the years of mediocrity that we as fans had to endure, it sure is nice to see some promise around the corner.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Akiem Hicks is one of the low key studs in this league who should blow up and have a big year with Mack here.

I wonder how many snaps he'll get week 1?
I think the practices leading up to the packers game will be catered towards maximizing mack’s Involvement in game 1. I say we see him around 75% of the plays. The packers will try their hurry up a lot. If they can hold strong defensively and get to Rodgers, that hurry up offense will backfire.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still can't believe this really happened, BTW. lol

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We had a few years there with urlacher and co, but yeah, you’re mostly right.

Yeah, we actually kind of owned Green Bay during the early Lovie/late Favre days. I'll never forget 2007 when they went 13-3 with two losses against us. Had no business beating them, but we DESTROYED them 35-7 in that snow/wind game. When Rodgers broke out in 09 - things changed in a big way. lol

04 through 08 we went 7-3 against the Pack. With one loss coming on NYE 2006 when we had HFA locked up and rested starters. (Even though Rex was infamously bad when he was out there... lol)

Nelly

Respectin' hoes, nationwide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 wins, maybe more. I was thinking 8-8 if things broke well for us. Now 10-6 doesn't look all too unrealistic. It'd be one thing if we had some major holes on defense and adding Mack didn't fill them. Rather, we had one single hole: edge rusher, then grabbed the best one in the game to fill it. Our D-line, linebackers, corners and safeties were already strong and are only made that much stronger by Mack's presence.

This is going to be a defense that's capable of keeping us in and even winning games just like it did back in 2006, or more recently, like how Jacksonville won games last year.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the practices leading up to the packers game will be catered towards maximizing mack’s Involvement in game 1. I say we see him around 75% of the plays. The packers will try their hurry up a lot. If they can hold strong defensively and get to Rodgers, that hurry up offense will backfire.

The last time the Packers and Rodgers went up against Oakland with Mack it was in Oakland in 2015. Mack just come off of 3 games where he totaled 9 sacks. When the Packers played them Bulaga held him to 0 sacks. The Packers O line is pretty decent and one of the tops in the league when they have all the starters. They have played against him before. Hopefully this year they will be able to do as well as the last time against Mack.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The last time the Packers and Rodgers went up against Oakland with Mack it was in Oakland in 2015. Mack just come off of 3 games where he totaled 9 sacks. When the Packers played them Bulaga held him to 0 sacks. The Packers O line is pretty decent and one of the tops in the league when they have all the starters. They have played against him before. Hopefully this year they will be able to do as well as the last time against Mack.
That team had nobody else to rush the passer effectively. The bears have Floyd and Hicks who are very good pass rushers as well, 2 stud ILBs and a much better secondary. As a unit, the bears defense is worlds better than any of the Oakland defenses. Not saying Mack will get sacks, but it’s going to be much harder to block the bears with Mack than it was to block the raiders with Mack.

Having said that, I expect Rodgers to dodge the pass rush all game long with the pass rushers only getting to him periodically.

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That team had nobody else to rush the passer effectively. The bears have Floyd and Hicks who are very good pass rushers as well, 2 stud ILBs and a much better secondary. As a unit, the bears defense is worlds better than any of the Oakland defenses. Not saying Mack will get sacks, but it’s going to be much harder to block the bears with Mack than it was to block the raiders with Mack.

Having said that, I expect Rodgers to dodge the pass rush all game long with the pass rushers only getting to him periodically.
I hope the Bears flatten that pretentious faggot. Maybe then these Packer fans will shut up... But I doubt it.