• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How on earth is this team going to be kept together?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, obviously our 1st round draft picks have been nothing short of incredible the last 6 years with one major outlier

2013 31 Travis Frederick * Wisconsin C [p]
2014 16 Zack Martin *[3] Notre Dame OT
2015 27 Byron Jones Connecticut CB
2016 4 Ezekiel Elliott * Ohio State RB
2017 28 Taco Charlton Michigan DE
2018 19 Leighton Vander Esch Boise State LB

It's been two full years. Has anyone seen the expected glimpses from Taco to make them think he can take a step forward next year and really contribute? I like to look for guys that are inconsistent but at least make some plays from time to time and think with experience that they can improve and also that really all young guys with coaching and experience and getting stronger and more snaps under their belt have the ability to get better. But, I just haven't seen it with Taco. I hope I am wrong because we need another edge rusher and his skill set sys he should be able to play the run and the pass. But, I have my doubts that him being anything other than the last DE active on game day will come to fruition. He has two more cheap years and will be given every chance to win snaps. If Gregory goes awry again or D Law signs elsewhere this spot will need a serious upgrade...

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, obviously our 1st round draft picks have been nothing short of incredible the last 6 years with one major outlier

It's been two full years. Has anyone seen the expected glimpses from Taco to make them think he can take a step forward next year and really contribute? I like to look for guys that are inconsistent but at least make some plays from time to time and think with experience that they can improve and also that really all young guys with coaching and experience and getting stronger and more snaps under their belt have the ability to get better. But, I just haven't seen it with Taco. I hope I am wrong because we need another edge rusher and his skill set sys he should be able to play the run and the pass. But, I have my doubts that him being anything other than the last DE active on game day will come to fruition. He has two more cheap years and will be given every chance to win snaps. If Gregory goes awry again or D Law signs elsewhere this spot will need a serious upgrade...
DLaw isn't going anywhere. I actually think Taco will hit either this year or next. He has a great frame and has flashed some plays. Our DL seems to be well coached, a lot of them have made big production jumps from year 2 to year 3

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So is Looney in the mix for starting LG next year?

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No other team is close to Dallas drafting in the first over the last decade and I think there should be some sort of salary cap exception resigning players you drafted. It has been incredible.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No other team is close to Dallas drafting in the first over the last decade and I think there should be some sort of salary cap exception resigning players you drafted. It has been incredible.
I brought up this point when Seattle was scoring on all their draft picks. They literally got punished for landing on draft picks all in same cluster of time. With the way the cap is, no way they were gonna keep that together, even though they earned it with such a successful draft.