• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How much will the Seahawks regress without Earl Thomas?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good grief.

1. The numbers don't go down without the usual ups and downs.
2. You ignored my point. How do those numbers stack up against the other teams in the NBA?

AGAIN, those attendance figures aren't even close to being at the NBA floor.

So if getting gassed as an NBA franchise would have been about 'not supporting' an NBA team, then somebody else would have been sent to Oklahoma.

It was about luxury boxes and new arenas.
Ok I forgot I'm dealing with Seattle fans. I know pro sports is still kind of new to you.
Pro Sports are businesses. For the most part the owners have no ties to the cities their teams play in. They are billionaires because they make money not by losing money. Who cares if a team across the country is making or losing money if their team is losing money? The owner cares that's who. Do I really need to give an Economics 101 class here?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, you could always.....you know....just..... not listen then.
Are you kidding? It's the best comic relief available. Besides that it gives more fuel for the fire:lm:

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok I forgot I'm dealing with Seattle fans. I know pro sports is still kind of new to you.
Pro Sports are businesses. For the most part the owners have no ties to the cities their teams play in. They are billionaires because they make money not by losing money. Who cares if a team across the country is making or losing money if their team is losing money? The owner cares that's who. Do I really need to give an Economics 101 class here?

Heh, holy non-sequitur Batman.

Either you're just fucking with me now, or you aren't nearly as bright as I've been giving you credit for.

Look the next time you wow me with your intellect, it'll be the first time.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heh, holy non-sequitur Batman.

Either you're just fucking with me now, or you aren't nearly as bright as I've been giving you credit for.

Look the next time you wow me with your intellect, it'll be the first time.

To follow up, the NBA isn't the local owner, you realize this yes? Howard Schultz didn't give the go-ahead to move the team to OKC.

But with your wife who used to be a seasons ticket holder, you knew that.

I... keeeeeeel me.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To follow up, the NBA isn't the local owner, you realize this yes? Howard Schultz didn't give the go-ahead to move the team to OKC.

But with your wife who used to be a seasons ticket holder, you knew that.

I... keeeeeeel me.
You're doing it again:nono: cherry picking where you want. We've been talking about Seattle sports In general. Not just the NBA.
1. Clay Bennett the owner of the Sonics moved them because Seattle wouldn't fund a new stadium. They were losing money because they sucked and less and less fans were showing up. Almost 1/4 less than their championship run. This isn't ups and downs like you make it sound. Schultz no longer had any say. So what are you even talking about?
2. Paul Allen had to strong arm the fans and the city to pay for the new stadium otherwise you'd be a fan of the California Seahawks.
3. The Ms needed the Japenese to keep them here.
4. Currently can't get the city or fans to agree to bring an NHL franchise and NBA team back.

Look this isn't Canada down here. We don'd have socialized medicine nor socialized sports. Teams want to make money.

Thanks for playing

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're doing it again:nono: cherry picking where you want. We've been talking about Seattle sports In general. Not just the NBA.
1. Clay Bennett the owner of the Sonics moved them because Seattle wouldn't fund a new stadium. They were losing money because they sucked and less and less fans were showing up. Almost 1/4 less than their championship run. This isn't ups and downs like you make it sound. Schultz no longer had any say. So what are you even talking about?
2. Paul Allen had to strong arm the fans and the city to pay for the new stadium otherwise you'd be a fan of the California Seahawks.
4. Currently can't get the city or fans to agree to bring an NHL franchise and NBA team back.

Look this isn't Canada down here. We don'd have socialized medicine nor socialized sports. Teams want to make money.

Thanks for playing

Good God man. I stopped reading after #1. Clay Bennett lied through his teeth. The plan from day #1 was to move the team to Oklahoma. The fact you don't know that shows how much you bluster through your ass. The MINUTE the team was sold to Bennet from Schultz, the team was gone. Schultz admits this publicly.

Ironically I toured the Ford Centre in OKC while making my documentary, when a Central Hockey League team (paid attendance 7,000) was the ONLY tenant.

Think about that. They built a world class facility with NO TENANT. HOPING to attract one.

Read up, forget your weird obsession with pissing on all things Seattle (nobody cares), I'm not even IN Seattle.

Socialized sports. Heh.

Ignorance again. You can't throw a rock in Calgary without hitting a couple of oil and gas millionaires. No socialized sports here dude. IN FACT, Calgary billionaires are trying to get the taxpayers to fund a new sports multiplex and failing at it so far.

Much like Allen, they can afford to build it with change from their couch cushions.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And no, you didn't make a statement about 'seattle sports in general,' you made a statement about the Sonics. Keep up with your fucking posting.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bennett never intended to keep the Sonics in Seattle.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,773.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thanks for playing

Bennett was going to move the team and had help from David Stern. Seattle has always been a solid basketball town and attendance was almost always up top.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not even for a second, he was determined to get a team in Oklahoma city ... If I remember correctly didn't he try and move the Spurs at one point ? It was well known he was looking to get a team... Schultz totally sold us down the river.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is really difficult for the Seattle fans to swallow a dose of reality. Their teams have the most bandwagon fans in the country. You combibe that with 1 NBA title, 1 NHL Title from 100 years ago and 1 SB title it's understandable no wonder teams want to leave.

Chf this is for you as well. Do I need to discuss this again? Billionaires are billionaires for a reason. They make good investments. Do you really think Bennett and company wanted to buy and keep a lemon in Seattle? He knew exactly what he was doing. He was buying a franchise cheap tgat he could move it in order to make money. Mission accomplished.
chf ^^^ this was not general. This deals with the Sonics. Take a breath and go back and read my other posts. They were general as I discussed NHL, NFL, NBA and the MLB as to how the fans didn't financially support their teams.

But paint it any color you want. Bottom line history shows this city hasn't supported their teams whether it be by attending games or by financing stadiums. This is a generalization as we already discussed PA strong armed the Hawk fans and you should all be kissing his ass otherwise you'd have the Ms to cheer for along with the CA Seahawks.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,773.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is really difficult for the Seattle fans to swallow a dose of reality. Their teams have the most bandwagon fans in the country. You combibe that with 1 NBA title, 1 NHL Title from 100 years ago and 1 SB title it's understandable no wonder teams want to leave.

Chf this is for you as well. Do I need to discuss this again? Billionaires are billionaires for a reason. They make good investments. Do you really think Bennett and company wanted to buy and keep a lemon in Seattle? He knew exactly what he was doing. He was buying a franchise cheap tgat he could move it in order to make money. Mission accomplished.
chf ^^^ this was not general. This deals with the Sonics. Take a breath and go back and read my other posts. They were general as I discussed NHL, NFL, NBA and the MLB as to how the fans didn't financially support their teams.

But paint it any color you want. Bottom line history shows this city hasn't supported their teams whether it be by attending games or by financing stadiums. This is a generalization as we already discussed PA strong armed the Hawk fans and you should all be kissing his ass otherwise you'd have the Ms to cheer for along with the CA Seahawks.

I would say Dallas has the most bandwagon fans next to the Yankees. Before you rag on Seattle, NE is right at the front of bandwagon fans. Never saw 1 Pats jersey outside of the NE area until Brady won his first title. NE was the doormat for the NFL for who knows how long and then win 1 title and poof, Brady jerseys everywhere.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Now you're contridicting yourself. first you said that Bennett wanted an arena and Seattle wouldn't do it, now you're saying that he bought them specifically to move it. the latter is in agreement with what I said, so I don't know why you're being a dick about it. what happened to the Sonics could have happened to any team that wasn't willing to use public funds for another arena, regardless of if there was private funds available. it set that precedence and now you've seen cities like sacremento, who have zero business using tax money on anything even remotely frivolous, get strong-armed by the nba to fork up cash for arenas. it's a concerted effort to keep the communities on the hook, and Seattle was their d-day. Stern and Bennett (prez of relocation comm.) had a much bigger picture in mind than seattle, it was a leverage move on every nba city. if it was just about ticket sales and attendance, they could have chosen any of about 8-12 teams because the whole league was struggling at that point in time.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say Dallas has the most bandwagon fans next to the Yankees. Before you rag on Seattle, NE is right at the front of bandwagon fans. Never saw 1 Pats jersey outside of the NE area until Brady won his first title. NE was the doormat for the NFL for who knows how long and then win 1 title and poof, Brady jerseys everywhere.
This is obviously subjective at best. You're right NE was the doormat for a long time. But they were still represented around the country even Hawaii before they decided to adopt Seattle. You would see Mosi Tatupu shirts in the late 70s and mid 80s. Plunkett and John Hannah early 70s. Grogan in the 80s.

Again this is subjective and perception. I joined the military, lived all around the country and world. I'm sure I saw a Seahawk jersey prior to 2006. But honestly I can't say I saw 10 outside the NW. Largent and Kennedy are the two I remember.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now you're contridicting yourself. first you said that http://www.theroot.com/articles/new...-the-funniest-thing-youll-see-all-day/Bennett wanted an arena and Seattle wouldn't do it, now you're saying that he bought them specifically to move it. the latter is in agreement with what I said, so I don't know why you're being a dick about it. what happened to the Sonics could have happened to any team that wasn't willing to use public funds for another arena, regardless of if there was private funds available. it set that precedence and now you've seen cities like sacremento, who have zero business using tax money on anything even remotely frivolous, get strong-armed by the nba to fork up cash for arenas. it's a concerted effort to keep the communities on the hook, and Seattle was their d-day. Stern and Bennett (prez of relocation comm.) had a much bigger picture in mind than seattle, it was a leverage move on every nba city. if it was just about ticket sales and attendance, they could have chosen any of about 8-12 teams because the whole league was struggling at that point in time.
No what I said was he's a billionaire and wanted to make money not lose it. He knew Seattle wouldn't support it so he had a plan already in place. The previous ownership already proved that point.
We are in agreement on the rest, sorta.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. Do some reading.

heh, I keeeel me again.

The Sonics weren't leading the NBA in attendance, but they were FAAAAAAR from the bottom of the league.

it was about luxury suites. And a new building. The city paid out tax dollars to Nintendo and to Allen, and then shut off the spigot. End of story.

But you keep stroking it to your preconceived 'Seattle sucks' narrative. What else is new?
You're right. Luxury suites were the main issue and if anyone has ever been in the Key Arena, they would see what a hell hole is was/is.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,773.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is obviously subjective at best. You're right NE was the doormat for a long time. But they were still represented around the country even Hawaii before they decided to adopt Seattle. You would see Mosi Tatupu shirts in the late 70s and mid 80s. Plunkett and John Hannah early 70s. Grogan in the 80s.

Again this is subjective and perception. I joined the military, lived all around the country and world. I'm sure I saw a Seahawk jersey prior to 2006. But honestly I can't say I saw 10 outside the NW. Largent and Kennedy are the two I remember.

I don't doubt you one bit. All i'm saying is the "bandwagon" term is over used. Any team that becomes successful and remains on top of the mountain will always have an influx of new fans good and bad.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right. Luxury suites were the main issue and if anyone has ever been in the Key Arena, they would see what a hell hole is was/is.
Yes what goes back to making money. Luxury suites are a guarenteed for as long as they are leased or owned. Individual seats especially when a team isn't doing well are a crap shoot. As the season goes on and the team continues to lose less and less seats are sold.
Welcome to the history of Seattle Sports.