• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How much for Dak

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
Dak has gone from a perceived game manager to a legitimate top 8 QB with his play so far this year. By waiting until the end of the season to sign him to a new contract, how much more will he cost the Cowboys?
I'm guessing about $8mm per year more.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dak has gone from a perceived game manager to a legitimate top 8 QB with his play so far this year. By waiting until the end of the season to sign him to a new contract, how much more will he cost the Cowboys?
I'm guessing about $8mm per year more.
He's gotta git at least 30% more than Wentz :noidea:

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he gets to play the Lions a few more times he will be the best qb of all time!

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, considering the rumor was that Dak was asking for $40 mill per before the season, i can't imagine he's going to get MORE than that. I think after this season, Dak may have played himself into the $40 mill per category though.

Reactions: GNG

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, considering the rumor was that Dak was asking for $40 mill per before the season, i can't imagine he's going to get MORE than that. I think after this season, Dak may have played himself into the $40 mill per category though.
:eek:

Holy Cap crusher!!!

Honestly it doesn't matter what he gets per year (it won't be $40M) all that much but how it's structured. It's the guaranteed money and the cap hit in the "uncuttable" years that matters. I suspect Jerry gives him a huge up front cash SB to offset some larger salaries. I also suspect a year or two added to the end that he won't see unless earning the contract that take the "average value" way up. So far Dak has won by waiting it out, but so have the Cowboys as they have gained peace of mind to go with the huge contract they will give out. 6 months ago half of NFL fans said he wasn't even any good. No he is approaching elite. Half a year to see if he can finish it off and most importantly stay healthy. Looks better each week.

Tough test up next week and I for one am very interested to see how he does outdoors and in the cold against a tough defense and a mastermind as a HC.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:eek:

Holy Cap crusher!!!

Honestly it doesn't matter what he gets per year (it won't be $40M) all that much but how it's structured. It's the guaranteed money and the cap hit in the "uncuttable" years that matters. I suspect Jerry gives him a huge up front cash SB to offset some larger salaries. I also suspect a year or two added to the end that he won't see unless earning the contract that take the "average value" way up. So far Dak has won by waiting it out, but so have the Cowboys as they have gained peace of mind to go with the huge contract they will give out. 6 months ago half of NFL fans said he wasn't even any good. No he is approaching elite. Half a year to see if he can finish it off and most importantly stay healthy. Looks better each week.

Tough test up next week and I for one am very interested to see how he does outdoors and in the cold against a tough defense and a mastermind as a HC.

even after the zeke contract, the cowboys have about $70 million in cap space going into 2020. i'm sure they can figure out a way to structure it so that it works out for everyone involved.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
even after the zeke contract, the cowboys have about $70 million in cap space going into 2020. i'm sure they can figure out a way to structure it so that it works out for everyone involved.
And Cooper and Byron Jones and Quinn and Cobb and Maliek Collins since the kid they drafted at the 3 tech looks like an oops and any FAs from other teams they may want. Cap space goes quickly which is why I have been saying how important it is for them to roll savings from this year into next year which they can do now that they haven't extended some of these guys. But yes, they are no longer the team that pisses cap space away every time a FA is available that they may like and no more restructures and kicking the can down the road to get them - the Eagles have obviously become that team in the NFC East.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he’s played himself right into a franchise tag year. No way they can pay him 40M and pay Zeke

Tag is virtually guaranteed at this point, unless he settles for a team-friendly contract (doubtful).

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's probably going to want to break the 100m guarantee and will get 4 years $144m. If he goes for 5 probably 177.5. I don't think he'll get 40/yr, but will get the highest paid and highest guarantee....and if he keeps working and improving, the contract will look like a deal.

Here are the current QB deals:
Quarterback Contracts and Salaries | Over The Cap

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tag is virtually guaranteed at this point, unless he settles for a team-friendly contract (doubtful).
Yes, problem there is that lately it seems anyone who is tagged after a long negotiating period holds out and Jerry folded to Tank and Zeke both so we all know he will fold to Dak if he sits out and so does Dak. This is one of the reasons why I would have let Zeke sit out. He is great, but if you are going to make a stand, do so with a RB. Without Dak this Cowboy team wins 3 games. Without Zeke I'm not sure their record is any different

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, problem there is that lately it seems anyone who is tagged after a long negotiating period holds out and Jerry folded to Tank and Zeke both so we all know he will fold to Dak if he sits out and so does Dak. This is one of the reasons why I would have let Zeke sit out. He is great, but if you are going to make a stand, do so with a RB. Without Dak this Cowboy team wins 3 games. Without Zeke I'm not sure their record is any different

I don't know. Pollard has looked pretty good, but I like what little I've seen from Cooper Rush too (preseason though).

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know. Pollard has looked pretty good, but I like what little I've seen from Cooper Rush too (preseason though).
Cooper Rush only made the team because Mike White was horrible. Cooper Rush is not an answer if something were to happen to Dak and is not for long as teh Cowboys backup. The Cowboys would likely try to make a move if something happened to Dak.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
with the high being 35 million per year right now. what did he turn down already? 30 million right?

brady
brees
rivers
bridgewater
jameis
kyle allen

are some notables up for contracts.

also with mahomes and watson coming up for deals too, i think hes gonna wait and see what the vets get, and hedge his bets........

Im betting its at least 37 annually

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cooper Rush only made the team because Mike White was horrible. Cooper Rush is not an answer if something were to happen to Dak and is not for long as teh Cowboys backup. The Cowboys would likely try to make a move if something happened to Dak.

They should've already done that if that's the case. Why carry a backup you can't rely on for a game or two? What's the point?

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sign the guy now and save 5 million dollars per year? Makes you think they shoulda done it already.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've said all along I wish they signed him before R. Wilson signed his deal.
They'd have him at bargain for AGAIN.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should've already done that if that's the case. Why carry a backup you can't rely on for a game or two? What's the point?
Because:

dce0e12ac9027e38795253c326b1a4d9.jpg

They had high hopes for Mike White and they didn't pan out so they cut him and Rush was left as the only backup. At that point they knew they were screwed if Dak got hurt so they stuck with a guy that at least knew the Offense.

Or at least that is my best guess

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dak is good. Imagine him on a team with a coach who does stuff, besides clapping.