• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How many targets a game should Dez get?

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has 1 less target than Calvin Johnson on the yr. He is 6th in the league in targets.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He should have as many targets as he earns. you don't just don't throw into double & triple coverage unless it is all you got.
The Lions have only had CJ, until Bush showed up this year. The Cowboys has options on where to throw. Bryant just needs to grow up when things aren't working out for him.

Another thing is Dez has to earn Romo's respect not demand it.
As soon as Romo throws itno double coverage to Dez 1st the media & then all the room haters will start pointing out how Romo had single coverage somewhere else & misread the defense & should have thrown it elsewhere. Honestly if his blowup is about how many targets he gets, I wish the coaches bench him for the 1st quarter of the next game.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just saw it at halftime. They had a mike on the sideline. He was telling Romo that they were the best in the NFL. He really wasnt chewing him out the part I saw.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When the game is on the line romo does not read coverages very well.consequently, numerous int,s in crunch time. Matthew trustrusted Megatron to get the ball. Romo did not, but overall, we need a new oc . the first half play calling was horrible. Dink and dink!! Romo has not played well lately.

Thats crap. Romo had 3 TD's and 0 picks. If he forced it to Dez and had 2-3 picks, that's all anyone would talk about. Dez is talented. He's also a selfish ass. This team didn't lose because of Romo. They lost because of horseshit coaching and a pathetic pass defense

Cej757

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dez got upset because they went three and out after getting a turnover and had to settle for a fg. Dez was waving to Romo that he had single coverage before the snap and was open and Romo tried to force a pass to Harris in triple coverage that was incomplete. The offense has been struggling the last three games and Calahan needs to fix it fast.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The offense this year has been rough. Averaging 341 yrds. I think we have been held under 320 at least 4 times maybe 5. Romo has had 2 games I think passing for more than 300 yards . The Lions ran a play the other day that was drawn up so perfect. They had Bush and Bell in the game at the same time. Bush came out of the backfield and ran a crossing pattern to the left dragging the LBs with him, Bell then went out on a screen to the other side. It was a nice looking play. Our plays are always the same and so basic. In Callahans defense- we have no running game which takes away the play action. Witten, as good as he use to be, is aging . I know some dont like Miles nor Murray but we miss those guys tremendously.

blue jersey jinx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dez got upset because they went three and out after getting a turnover and had to settle for a fg. Dez was waving to Romo that he had single coverage before the snap and was open and Romo tried to force a pass to Harris in triple coverage that was incomplete. The offense has been struggling the last three games and Calahan needs to fix it fast.
The whole organization needs fixing.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has 1 less target than Calvin Johnson on the yr. He is 6th in the league in targets.

He has played in one full game really to more games then Johnson so thats a little misleading. Remember Johnson's been hurt. Also many of the guys who would be ahead of him have either had bye weeks, injuries, or in Andre Johnsons case had a bye and is having QB problems. So I disagree here.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He should have as many targets as he earns. you don't just don't throw into double & triple coverage unless it is all you got.
The Lions have only had CJ, until Bush showed up this year. The Cowboys has options on where to throw. Bryant just needs to grow up when things aren't working out for him.

Another thing is Dez has to earn Romo's respect not demand it.
As soon as Romo throws itno double coverage to Dez 1st the media & then all the room haters will start pointing out how Romo had single coverage somewhere else & misread the defense & should have thrown it elsewhere. Honestly if his blowup is about how many targets he gets, I wish the coaches bench him for the 1st quarter of the next game.

Good point.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has played in one full game really to more games then Johnson so thats a little misleading. Remember Johnson's been hurt. Also many of the guys who would be ahead of him have either had bye weeks, injuries, or in Andre Johnsons case had a bye and is having QB problems. So I disagree here.

Cecil Shorts and Vincent Jackson are among the league leaders. Why? Because there teams never win and are always losing. Lets say Romo throws 30 times a game. You want 12-16 to go to Dez. That leaves 15 more to go to Williams, Miles, Witten, Murray, Beasley. I think 10-12 is a good number.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"How many targets a game should Dez get?"

All of them, love Dez.

Mrhappi06

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well since the connection rate to Williams was 2 for 10, Id say a few more than 6. No offense to Williams.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cecil Shorts and Vincent Jackson are among the league leaders. Why? Because there teams never win and are always losing. Lets say Romo throws 30 times a game. You want 12-16 to go to Dez. That leaves 15 more to go to Williams, Miles, Witten, Murray, Beasley. I think 10-12 is a good number.

Wes Welker, Calvin Johnson, and Wayne are among the league leaders and their teams are winners. Again we can make numbers say what we want. Check the stats Romo is actually throwing the ball closer to 36 times a game not 30. If Dez on the high end gets 16 targets there are still 20 more balls for the other guys. Dez is getting a TD by avg every 7.5times he touches the ball. He avgs more than 12 yrds a completion. I think 12 balls at minimum should go his way. :nod:

Last edited by a moderator: