• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How many targets a game should Dez get?

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For those who's response is he's not open...I disagree with that argument. Dez should in my opinion receive 12-16 targets a game or 3-4 a quarter. All the premier wr get that....Open or not. Calvin is without question the best wr in the league. Stafford throws in triple coverage to get him the ball. QB's force the ball to elite receivers all day to give them chances to make plays. Some great examples would be:
1. Schaub to Johnson
2. Brees to Graham
3. Brady to Gronk
4. Dalton to Green
5. Romo to Witten
6. Cutler to Marshall
7. Ryan to Jones

The list goes on and on. I know Dez hasn't proven himself to be Elite, but he's w/o question an elite talent. I think it's time he see's Elite level targets. If Romo Is throwing the ball 35-40 times a game Dez should see 1/3 of those balls IMHO. :thumb:

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dez is averaging almost 10 targets a game. In the Eagle game he had 8 catches on 17 targets. I know Romo hasnt been sharp as of late but thats less than 50 percent which tells me Dez is covered . Johnson yesterday had 14 grabs on 16 targets, which tells me Kiffen missed the setup on this one very bad. Maybe Williams will start getting more attention , but the other guys didnt win yesterday. Witten is getting older it seems with each game. Beasley and Harris were blanketed yesterday. . This basically says the opposing defense isnt scared of us running the ball down their throat and no WR is a threat tto them, therefore all their coverage and help goes towards Dez.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After all the Megatron vs Dez talk last week, I really thought they would try to get him going early. Didnt happen. I thought Callahan called a really poor game

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a damned if you do/damned if you don't situation. If Romo forces the ball to Dez and starts throwing INT's 99% of the fans will be calling for Romo's head. Sorry but Dez is a strong guy, he needs to find a way to get open to before he complains about the lack of opportunities.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a damned if you do/damned if you don't situation. If Romo forces the ball to Dez and starts throwing INT's 99% of the fans will be calling for Romo's head. Sorry but Dez is a strong guy, he needs to find a way to get open to before he complains about the lack of opportunities.
I agree with this - it's a two way street in that regard

CarlSr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Exactly. Everyone complained and wanted Romo to be a safe QB. He's being that, and the stats look fine, but now everyone is complaining that he doesn't force feed Dez. There is no winning here.

BTW, where are the fans that are ticked about Witten only being targeted twice? Does Witten have to go crazy on the sidelines multiple times to get that support from fans? Does he have to go loopy to prove he cares?

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. Everyone complained and wanted Romo to be a safe QB. He's being that, and the stats look fine, but now everyone is complaining that he doesn't force feed Dez. There is no winning here.

BTW, where are the fans that are ticked about Witten only being targeted twice? Does Witten have to go crazy on the sidelines multiple times to get that support from fans? Does he have to go loopy to prove he cares?

I for one want the gun slinger back. As a matter of fact I said it after the Charger game. We can't win if Romo is second guessing himself and not playing the type of football he's always played. Again all the great wr's are force feed passes. The difference is their QB expect them to win those battles.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your #1 receiver has to understand & accept their occasional role as a decoy.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dez plays that role way to often.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Totally agree. Get open before you open your big mouth. We have other options that can make plays, we don't have to force it if you can't get open. Wasn't everyone here all gaga over Williams and Beasley just last week? That doesn't mean never throw into double coverage, but don't do so if it isn't the smartest option. Top WRs have been beating double coverage since I started watching Football last year...

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally agree. Get open before you open your big mouth. We have other options that can make plays, we don't have to force it if you can't get open. Wasn't everyone here all gaga over Williams and Beasley just last week? That doesn't mean never throw into double coverage, but don't do so if it isn't the smartest option. Top WRs have been beating double coverage since I started watching Football last year...

He was open!!! Romo did not throw it to him. He was not used enough. Romo does not read coverages very well and he is off on a lot of throws. I blame Callahan. People need to get a life. Stop getting your panties in a bunch over dez!!!

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dez can be the best WR in the NFL if he gets the passes thrown to him, I have no doubt. I personally think the Dez's rant had more to do with the conservative play calling by Romo and Callahan yesterday. I would be pissed too if the D created 4 turnovers and the offense couldn't capitalize.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was open!!! Romo did not throw it to him. He was not used enough. Romo does not read coverages very well and he is off on a lot of throws. I blame Callahan. People need to get a life. Stop getting your panties in a bunch over dez!!!

He was off yesterday. Career? 64% completion 6th highest in NFL history.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Romo reads coverages just fine. What's he have, 15 TD's and 6 picks? Dez should get targeted when the coverage dictates it. Witten got 2 balls yesterday. Witten and Dez were doubled the entire game. Detroit was able to double both guys because we have 0 ground game. If Murray had played, one of them would have been manned up. Learn the game before you rip Romo

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Romo reads coverages just fine. What's he have, 15 TD's and 6 picks? Dez should get targeted when the coverage dictates it. Witten got 2 balls yesterday. Witten and Dez were doubled the entire game. Detroit was able to double both guys because we have 0 ground game. If Murray had played, one of them would have been manned up. Learn the game before you rip Romo

When the game is on the line romo does not read coverages very well.consequently, numerous int,s in crunch time. Matthew trustrusted Megatron to get the ball. Romo did not, but overall, we need a new oc . the first half play calling was horrible. Dink and dink!! Romo has not played well lately.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When the game is on the line romo does not read coverages very well.consequently, numerous int,s in crunch time. Matthew trustrusted Megatron to get the ball. Romo did not, but overall, we need a new oc . the first half play calling was horrible. Dink and dink!! Romo has not played well lately.

:agree: I was shocked when the guy said Romo was the highest rated passer in the 4th qtr in the NFL. Boy sometimes numbers can lie.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think 4 times in a qtr is stretch for Dez. He's open at least that many times. if not scheme to get him open with bunch plays and rub plays. If thats the case though lets draw coverage to Dez and try and run more screens on the opposite side. If you line Dez and Witten on the same side of the field and they both are drawing double teams the rest of the team should have a field day if that's the case.

jonny_blaze

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be honest Callahan needs to move Dez around more, like putting him in motion and having him play out of the slot