• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How many Cy Youngs does Matt Harvey win?

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now, I just read that Nate Ravitz from ESPN tweeted some dude trade Kemp for Harvey straight up.

The worst trade ideas I've ever heard come from espn "experts".

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was exaggerating. I have however heard, that by season's end, he will be in the same breath as Verlander and Kershaw. He is the new Clemens. Him and Wheeler will be the best one two punch in baseball. And all other sorts of hyperbole.

Well, you've gotta remember, we Mets fans haven't had much to be excited about for the past few years. Anyway, he's gonna be more like the new Seaver. Hopefully.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Until he has his first bad game and then bounces back the next game i do not even consider him good... Any pitcher can go on a hot streak...

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no, but the stuff I am reading and seeing, and hearing are beyond ridiculous. I mean, he is off to a great start, but I am already hearing stuff about him being the next this guy, and the next that guy. Can we give him some time first? People just love to over hype players. I guess some perspective is in order.

i am just waiting for him to come back down to earth... Perhaps not this year.. but I don't think he will keep this us next year (assuming he doesn't come down to earth this year)

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i am just waiting for him to come back down to earth... Perhaps not this year.. but I don't think he will keep this us next year (assuming he doesn't come down to earth this year)

Well he's been pretty much unhittable in his 4 games so far this year, so it's almost impossible to keep that up. However, he should continue to be a quality 1/2 pitcher. Barring an injury there's no reason to expect a significant decline in his game.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well he's been pretty much unhittable in his 4 games so far this year, so it's almost impossible to keep that up. However, he should continue to be a quality 1/2 pitcher. Barring an injury there's no reason to expect a significant decline in his game.

Hope not... This guy is fun to watch!

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He just had double (near home run), let's start talking about how many triple crowns he'll win.

Tigertowner68

Church of Baseball member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, how soon does Matt Harvey get to 300 wins, 10 years? In that span how many Cys does he win? I say 9.

Look the kid is off to a great start, and seems to have great stuff. I have missed all of his outings, and I look forward to watching him. Might even go out to Bailout Fields in good ol' Corona, Queens to check him out. Anyways, the point is, remember, people were ready to proclaim Dice-K as the greatest, and before that, there was Fernando Mania. Heck, what about Doc Gooden? Lets give the kid some room, lets see him do it over a full season, hell, maybe 2 more before we crown him.

As a lifelong Yankees fan, I give you Kevin Maas, google him and you will understand why it is best to let a guy be in the majors for a couple of years before you go hog-wild on him. Yes, so far so good, and yes the Mets can use anything they can as good news. But crowing him to early could lead to problems (ie Gooden).

Yes, you make your point well Horse. Some even put together a season or two. Francisco Liriano was as hot as ever while playing second man to Johan Santana in 2006-2007.

Santana was detoured just south of having a HOF career. Liriano could just dream of that.

Here in Detroit, our Kevin Maas was Chris Shelton. 9HR in April 2006 got a Tigers' team on its way to its first postseason in nearly 20 years before vanishing in "Phenom Heaven". Or is it "Phenom Hell"?

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, how soon does Matt Harvey get to 300 wins, 10 years? In that span how many Cys does he win? I say 9.

Look the kid is off to a great start, and seems to have great stuff. I have missed all of his outings, and I look forward to watching him. Might even go out to Bailout Fields in good ol' Corona, Queens to check him out. Anyways, the point is, remember, people were ready to proclaim Dice-K as the greatest, and before that, there was Fernando Mania. Heck, what about Doc Gooden? Lets give the kid some room, lets see him do it over a full season, hell, maybe 2 more before we crown him.

As a lifelong Yankees fan, I give you Kevin Maas, google him and you will understand why it is best to let a guy be in the majors for a couple of years before you go hog-wild on him. Yes, so far so good, and yes the Mets can use anything they can as good news. But crowing him to early could lead to problems (ie Gooden).

No fanduel anymore!?