• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How long will Draymong Grief sit?

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NBA and jts fans are pussy now, so I wouldn't be surprised if he get a game.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it was intentional, he was trying to sell the foul. That being said, even I think it looks pretty bad considering the history. Wouldn't be surprised if he got suspended a game. Also wouldn't be surprised if they just fined him as well. It's the conference finals after all.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get you on the 82 vs the playoffs, but the act is the same...should get a game regardless....otherwise you just encourage it in the playoffs.

What should happen and what does happen, aren't always the same thing. More physical play/leeway has always been granted in the playoffs vs. the regular season.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What should happen and what does happen, aren't always the same thing. More physical play/leeway has always been granted in the playoffs vs. the regular season.

It's a shame this happens too. Why play a regular season if the game changes dramatically in the post-season?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a shame this happens too. Why play a regular season if the game changes dramatically in the post-season?

I agree. But that's just how it's always been. It's like when refs "swallow their whistles" at the end of close games. If it's a foul in the first 46 minutes of the game, it should be a foul in the last 2 minutes of a game. Unfortunately, that's not what happens.

Nick Dymez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He should voluntarily sit out for breaking man code. You don't kick a guy in the nuts in a basketball game under any circumstances.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Granted, but do you call a kick to the groin physicality? The knee looked like a basketball play...happens a lot...no axe to grind against either side (I picked GS in 7)...but what I saw was not a basketball play.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Granted, but do you call a kick to the groin physicality? The knee looked like a basketball play...happens a lot...no axe to grind against either side (I picked GS in 7)...but what I saw was not a basketball play.

It was a basketball play in the sense that he was flailing to sell a foul. All players do that. The non-basketball part was that kick to the groin, but that could be construed as accidental because of the flailing.

Personally, I think it was intentional and that he should be suspended a game. I'll just be a bit surprised if it actually happens since the league can use the "flailing to sell a foul" excuse.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. But that's just how it's always been. It's like when refs "swallow their whistles" at the end of close games. If it's a foul in the first 46 minutes of the game, it should be a foul in the last 2 minutes of a game. Unfortunately, that's not what happens.

I understand refs are trying not to decide games, and they often will swallow the whistle as you say, but when the play gets outside of what basketball is supposed to be about...they need to act...because somebody is going to get hurt...back in the day...OKC would put in a goon with a sole purpose...take out DG.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bk is right, only the Jones-Biyombo hit came in the playoffs.

I get that the NBA and the fans don't want suspensions to key players in the playoffs... but the NBA can't afford to operate that way, imo.

The whole point is of these suspensions is to keep players from being inured. To keep important players on the floor. That is MORE important in the playoffs.

They will basically be setting a precendent. If you give a cheap shot to a player and you mean a lot to your team---no worries, if you give a cheap shot to a player and don't mean a lot to your team---suspension. They need to get this right.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Draymond Green: "Russell [Westbrook] said I did it on purpose, but he's part of the superstar group that started all the acting in the league. I sold the call."

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand refs are trying not to decide games, and they often will swallow the whistle as you say, but when the play gets outside of what basketball is supposed to be about...they need to act...because somebody is going to get hurt...back in the day...OKC would put in a goon with a sole purpose...take out DG.

Again, I agree. But that's just not how things have been done. I think Green deserves a suspension, I just think the NBA will fine him and use "flailing" as the excuse. I hope I'm wrong, but I'll be a little surprised if I am.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a basketball play in the sense that he was flailing to sell a foul. All players do that. The non-basketball part was that kick to the groin, but that could be construed as accidental because of the flailing.

Personally, I think it was intentional and that he should be suspended a game. I'll just be a bit surprised if it actually happens since the league can use the "flailing to sell a foul" excuse.

I saw that play and have seen 1000s of basketball plays...if the league wants to excuse it, you have to hope OKC can just let it go...back in the day, they wouldn't.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Draymond Green: "Russell [Westbrook] said I did it on purpose, but he's part of the superstar group that started all the acting in the league. I sold the call."

Why does he care what Westbrook thinks? He shouldn't be commenting on him, not sure what question was asked if there was one asked though.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree 100%.
FWIW...I did read your posts...I know you're not advocating it...just painting a realistic picture based on the past....there's a pretty good chance that you're right...a fine and keep it moving.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So his defense is that he was flopping? League should fine him $5k for flopping then suspend him 1 game for the kick to the groin. :dhd:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So his defense is that he was flopping? League should fine him $5k for flopping then suspend him 1 game for the kick to the groin. :dhd:

:lol: If that's the case, then Lebron should be suspended for the rest of the playoffs for his flop. That thing was bad even by his standards.