• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How long does Philly stick with Wentz before going back to Hurts?

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wentz was playing pretty good football again at the end of last season, despite a pretty lousy supporting cast around him due to injuries. Then he got hurt against against Seattle.

I think at this point he is suffering from a combination of arrogance and lack of confidence, if that makes any sense. He thinks he has to do it all sometimes and plays "Hero Ball" out there and extends plays forever instead of throwing the ball away or checking down. Then in other plays instead of making quick decisions he second guesses himself and winds up making late or poor throws.

Can another coach "fix" Wentz? Maybe. I would not be shocked at all if, for example, Reich traded for him and he prospered again in Indy behind a good line with a better play-caller. But I worry he is not going to prosper again in Philly. Too much pressure and "Negadelphia" playing in front of guys like this. Wentz seems mentally weak at this point and needs a change of scenery.

Eo00uxDXMAUaiSo

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you don't want to say he was good the year the Eagles won the SB, that's fine. I don't really care one way or another. Yes the Eagles had a monster team around him that year, no denying that. The fact we could win a SB with Foles is evidence of that. We've seen what Foles has done since.

that’s right. We have. We’ve seen Foles resurrect the eagles teams from the dead once Wentz was benched the following year. That team was a dropped pass from returning to the NFCCG after Wentz quit on them.

How much more proof do you need that Wentz was never that good and certainly not worth giving up all those draft picks to go get? The fact that Foles SAVED the Eagles from themselves and delivered a championship is why eagles fans aren’t looking to kill themselves.

Last edited:

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wentz was playing pretty good football again at the end of last season, despite a pretty lousy supporting cast around him due to injuries. Then he got hurt against against Seattle.

I think at this point he is suffering from a combination of arrogance and lack of confidence, if that makes any sense. He thinks he has to do it all sometimes and plays "Hero Ball" out there and extends plays forever instead of throwing the ball away or checking down. Then in other plays instead of making quick decisions he second guesses himself and winds up making late or poor throws.

Can another coach "fix" Wentz? Maybe. I would not be shocked at all if, for example, Reich traded for him and he prospered again in Indy behind a good line with a better play-caller. But I worry he is not going to prosper again in Philly. Too much pressure and "Negadelphia" playing in front of guys like this. Wentz seems mentally weak at this point and needs a change of scenery.

Eo00uxDXMAUaiSo

he was playing “pretty good football” against some of the worse teams in the league who had already packed it in for the season.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that’s right. We have. We’ve seen Foles resurrect the eagles teams from the dead once Wentz was benched the following year. That team was a dropped pass from returning to the NFCCG after Wentz left them for dead.

How much more proof do you need that Wentz was never that good and certainly not worth giving up all those draft picks to go get. The fact that Foles SAVED the Eagles from themselves and delivered a championship is why eagles fans are looking to kill themselves.

Yeah and Foles has been pretty shitty since he left Philly. They've both been bad the last two years.

I don't give a shit about giving up the picks. The Eagles won a SB. Eagles were better off doing that then playing with Sam Bradford for the next couple years.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah and Foles has been pretty shitty since he left Philly. They've both been bad the last two years.

I don't give a shit about giving up the picks. The Eagles won a SB. Eagles were better off doing that then playing with Sam Bradford for the next couple years.

Foles played for the jaguars. Do you really think Wentz could have done better?

You really don’t know what you’re talking about

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

getting hurt in the 1st week.
Yeah I think Wentz could have matched that :heh:

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Foles has been pretty shitty for both Jacksonville and Chicago.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. Wentz was good until his knee injury. That completely fucked him up mentally and physically.
I agree the injury physically screwed him up but I think the mental part was Foles winning the SB/saving the season the following year and drafting Hurts just over loaded his brain. He does need to get mentally tougher but sometimes it's difficult to do that when you hear constant chatter.

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Foles has been pretty shitty for both Jacksonville and Chicago.
Yea but there aren’t a lot of QB that have played well for Chicago in their history, I think it’s a curse