• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How long does Philly stick with Wentz before going back to Hurts?

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you really wanna dip back to a ND state qb? especially one year hit ......

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you really wanna dip back to a ND state qb? especially one year hit ......

Yes. Wentz was good until his knee injury. That completely fucked him up mentally and physically.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. Wentz was good until his knee injury. That completely fucked him up mentally and physically.
I’ve been saying that. Have been repeatedly told by Eagles fans I don’t know what I’m talking about......what about last year though? You guys were happy with last year

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ve been saying that. Have been repeatedly told by Eagles fans I don’t know what I’m talking about......what about last year though? You guys were happy with last year

I was happy we won the division. But I don't think Wentz ever played that well. I was saying in 2018 before he got injured and Foles replaced him that he didn't look the same. I was never happy with his play. He played better the last 4 games of the year, albeit against shitty competition, but even then his overall stats weren't spectacular.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was happy we won the division. But I don't think Wentz ever played that well. I was saying in 2018 before he got injured and Foles replaced him that he didn't look the same. I was never happy with his play. He played better the last 4 games of the year, albeit against shitty competition, but even then his overall stats weren't spectacular.
That's a pretty honest assessment. Beating Dallas to win the division with a less than talented WR group clouded people's judgement, I think. And people couldn't see the issues Carson had. And those same issues are even more magnified this year because he did nothing to correct them.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. I fully do. I’ll add on that I think there’s seasons where guys just play at their absolute ceiling and that was wentzs second year. That was likely his high point regardless. So couple it all together and there’s this massive fall.

that being Said I always say that an acl isn’t “nothing” and I always hear about modern medicine blah blah blah. And ppl are correct. Yes many guys come back. Yes many guys are ok. But many guys lose their edge.... just a “slight change” can drop these dudes from the “elites”.... it’s funny how dak won’t be the same. But a guy who has an Achilles or multiple knee ligaments wil be ok because “modern medicine” “surgical advancement” . That last part isn’t a shot at you. Just me pointing out others arguing points. I appreciate you. We disagree , but usually can lay some sides out without being total jerks. I think...

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. I fully do. I’ll add on that I think there’s seasons where guys just play at their absolute ceiling and that was wentzs second year. That was likely his high point regardless. So couple it all together and there’s this massive fall.

that being Said I always say that an acl isn’t “nothing” and I always hear about modern medicine blah blah blah. And ppl are correct. Yes many guys come back. Yes many guys are ok. But many guys lose their edge.... just a “slight change” can drop these dudes from the “elites”.... it’s funny how dak won’t be the same. But a guy who has an Achilles or multiple knee ligaments wil be ok because “modern medicine” “surgical advancement” . That last part isn’t a shot at you. Just me pointing out others arguing points. I appreciate you. We disagree , but usually can lay some sides out without being total jerks. I think...

Huh? I was never one of those people that downplayed the severity of his ACL injury and his other nagging injuries. He was pretty clearly not the same when he came back. His mobility wasn't the same and his pocket presence wasn't the same. I'm not sure what he are disagreeing about? I've never said anything about Dak's injury. I don't even know what his official injury was because I don't really care. I hope he's able to come back 100% from it though.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a pretty honest assessment. Beating Dallas to win the division with a less than talented WR group clouded people's judgement, I think. And people couldn't see the issues Carson had. And those same issues are even more magnified this year because he did nothing to correct them.

Yeah, it was a good run last year at the end, especially when comparing to this season. He's completely shot mentally. His awareness is awful. And maybe it was never good to begin with, but he can't get away with it now like he did in 2017 because his mobility isn't the same. And frankly the team around him is older, but I understand management trying to give it one last shot with this veteran core, especially after giving an extension to Wentz(which was obviously the wrong love). In their mind they had their franchise guy. Turns out he isn't.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huh? I was never one of those people that downplayed the severity of his ACL injury and his other nagging injuries. He was pretty clearly not the same when he came back. His mobility wasn't the same and his pocket presence wasn't the same. I'm not sure what he are disagreeing about? I've never said anything about Dak's injury. I don't even know what his official injury was because I don't really care. I hope he's able to come back 100% from it though.
I put right in the post that I was not talking about you just pointing out others arguing points....see the bold below

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I put right in the post that I was not talking about you just pointing out others arguing points....see the bold below

Yeah, I saw that part, but then you said we disagreed. Which is why I was confused. Unless you were talking about those "others".

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I saw that part, but then you said we disagreed. Which is why I was confused. Unless you were talking about those "others".
sorry, i was merely saying that in any discussion, if we disagree, not necessarily this specific topic.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, it was a good run last year at the end, especially when comparing to this season. He's completely shot mentally. His awareness is awful. And maybe it was never good to begin with, but he can't get away with it now like he did in 2017 because his mobility isn't the same. And frankly the team around him is older, but I understand management trying to give it one last shot with this veteran core, especially after giving an extension to Wentz(which was obviously the wrong love). In their mind they had their franchise guy. Turns out he isn't.
I think the knee injury messed with his head as well, just like you guys are saying. And I think after watching Foles hoisting the SB, he came back thinking he needed to prove something and pressed a bit. I also think that sometimes a guy changes something just slightly after a knee issue that can cause a problem in the back. So then Foles comes in again and promptly leads the team into the playoffs and only one dropped ball from getting Philly to the NFCCG.
Fast forward to 2019 and the team lets Foles walk and says, "Carson, this is your team." (the right move at the time, imo.) Then they double down and give him this huge extension which is badly formulated and gives them no out. But Wentz now has these flaws that need to be remedied and whether it is him, the coaching staff or a combination of both, they seemingly ignore the problem and it just festers to this point. Then they draft another QB early to fuck with things even more and finish the process of completely shattering Wentz. It's really just been a clusterfuck since the SB. And I blame Roseman and Pederson both.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bryce love, Ruben foster still haven’t recovered

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

haha

how about his first year? Was that “good”?

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
haha

how about his first year? Was that “good”?

The combination of his first two years were good, plus him taking the next step after his rookie year. His first year was average, admittedly, but I was okay with it. Eagles were a franchise without a long term solution at QB, after his first two seasons it looked like he was the answer. Unfortunately, he isn't because he's only gotten worse.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The combination of his first two years were good, plus him taking the next step after his rookie year. His first year was average, admittedly, but I was okay with it. Eagles were a franchise without a long term solution at QB, after his first two seasons it looked like he was the answer. Unfortunately, he isn't because he's only gotten worse.

He was “so good” his second year that the team won a SB without him.

He was never as good as eagles fans thought. His first year he sucked. He was an a championship caliber team his second year that made him look better than he was. He’s shown us who he really is since

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was “so good” his second year that the team won a SB without him.

He was never as good as eagles fans thought. His first year he sucked. He was an a championship caliber team his second year that made him look better than he was. He’s shown us who he really is since

If you don't want to say he was good the year the Eagles won the SB, that's fine. I don't really care one way or another. Yes the Eagles had a monster team around him that year, no denying that. The fact we could win a SB with Foles is evidence of that. We've seen what Foles has done since.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it is a built in excuse for him, but I am not completely sure this is true.
He was on a roll & got injured.
By the time he came back. he no longer had his OC & dont remember but didnt he lose his QB coach as well (figure you would know better than I)
Basically by the time he came back he had a totally new coaching package. & Never looked good again. yes I give you I think he was hesitant as far as running that next year, but I am not to sure his injury is what led to his downfall.
Some coaches protect QBs & some dont.
I think he had some poor coaching (who made excuses for him) & with his fragile mindset to begin with only made matters worse as he began to struggle.

Now he is the new David Carr.
He is completely ruined.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it is a built in excuse for him, but I am not completely sure this is true.
He was on a roll & got injured.
By the time he came back. he no longer had his OC & dont remember but didnt he lose his QB coach as well (figure you would know better than I)
Basically by the time he came back he had a totally new coaching package. & Never looked good again. yes I give you I think he was hesitant as far as running that next year, but I am not to sure his injury is what led to his downfall.
Some coaches protect QBs & some dont.
I think he had some poor coaching (who made excuses for him) & with his fragile mindset to begin with only made matters worse as he began to struggle.

Now he is the new David Carr.
He is completely ruined.

Losing Reich definitely hurt. And yes, the QB coach left after 2017 as well to become an OC. I do think the injury hurt his overall mobility, and just mentally he didn't want to be as mobile as he was, which was a big part of his game, but ultimately his biggest undoing. He's not accurate enough, and really never was to be a stand in the pocket QB. His mobility was probably his greatest strength.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Losing Reich definitely hurt. And yes, the QB coach left after 2017 as well to become an OC. I do think the injury hurt his overall mobility, and just mentally he didn't want to be as mobile as he was, which was a big part of his game, but ultimately his biggest undoing. He's not accurate enough, and really never was to be a stand in the pocket QB. His mobility was probably his greatest strength.
Part of my point about your coaches.
Instead of trying to fix him, or protect him, they catered to ego & made excuses for him. making his confidence even worse, letting him struggle by treating him with kid gloves for so long. he had a high ceiling.
Now he is indecisive, which means he wont pull the trigger, unless completely wide open & that means he will hold the ball to long & nothing good happens from there. Once a QB starts thinking instead of anticipating, that leads to Sacks, fumbles & INTs.