• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How Long Does GB Stick With Rodgers Before Going to Love?

Center Ice

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,004.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who has more rings, Rodgers or Foles?

OK tied. Who has a bigger pole?

img_5637.gif
Foles championship game far more exciting than Rogers

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol they're stuck with him for at LEAST another 2 years. The dead cap for his trade is WAY too much, which is why everyone with a brain graded Love as one of the dumbest picks in NFL history.

I can't imagine another team will be willing to split the dead cap (or transition it) from Green Bay along with the massive salary Rodgers commands... It will SEVERELY diminish what he'd get in return in terms of draft capital.

"Hey, we want a 2021 1st and 2022 1st... and oh btw you can inherit this $35M contract in 2022 (or $21M now but a $50M dead cap) AND we want you to absorb either $25M dead cap this year or $15M (assuming 50/50) next year! WHO WANTS TO TRADE!?" *crickets*

Rodgers will be with the Packers for 2 more years where there's an out in 2 years, at which point he'll command very little in terms of trade capital given he'll be 38. Even then that STILL hits the Packers on dead cap for $17M or a split of $8.5 50/50 if a team is dumb enough for the trade.

Again, the pick might be the most BAFFLING ever. The Packers are LITERALLY stuck with the guy.. AND turns out, basically every team that needed a QB this year, GOT ONE. Eh, maybe the Browns will trade the farm for Rodgers after they probably fail... Green Bay is probably banking on that.

Exactly...in short...the dead money doesn't become feasible until '22.

The only good that can come out of this imo in the near term...a team offers a high pick for Love....and bails them out of this...and that's unlikely.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With that nick name, his wife is prolly the envy of the other football wives.

His wife did not give him that nickname, his AU locker room did. I'm pretty sure they waited until marriage. I just read an article that Nick and his wife(then fiancee) didn't go out partying in college. I also heard that Nick wants to be a pastor after football. That picture also was taken when Foles had no idea what was on the jersey and when he saw people laughing he then saw what was on it.

But of course some people have no courtesy.

Center Ice

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,004.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His wife did not give him that nickname, his AU locker room did. I'm pretty sure they waited until marriage. I just read an article that Nick and his wife(then fiancee) didn't go out partying in college. I also heard that Nick wants to be a pastor after football. That picture also was taken when Foles had no idea what was on the jersey and when he saw people laughing he then saw what was on it.

But of course some people have no courtesy.
He's probably more chill than you are.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodgers doesn't even care. He's tweeting about tv shows.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly...in short...the dead money doesn't become feasible until '22.

The only good that can come out of this imo in the near term...a team offers a high pick for Love....and bails them out of this...and that's unlikely.
dead money is 14 mil post june 1 trade but save a bunch of cap money:suds:

upload_2020-5-1_20-7-0.png