• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How long do the Cowboys stick with Prescott before going to Dalton

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same level of talent. Dak is the better athlete. Dalton has the better arm.

If Dak really want to cause an uproar, Dallas can just say fuck it. We got your equivalent but on a 90% discount financially.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously Dak isnt as good as Dalton.
I dont know how many times I have been told. Stats dont Lie!

95756710_3083369898423316_2399570843563720704_n.jpg

Dak is a goner!!!

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude has a stacked offense, yet is barely over .500 the past 3 years with 1 playoff win and couldn't even win the division last year in what was perhaps the worst division season in recent NFL history. Give him an average back, average wr corps and average line, and he's no better than average.
What do you smoke before you come on here?
Last year was the first year Dallas had a "stacked Offense" and Dak led them to the #1 offense in the league. :doh:Unfortunately they couldn't stop good teams when it mattered and it also takes a defense to win games.

Give Dak an average RB, OL and WRs and he's still better than Goff. You guys are already dreading that signing...

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you smoke before you come on here?
Last year was the first year Dallas had a "stacked Offense" and Dak led them to the #1 offense in the league. :doh:Unfortunately they couldn't stop good teams when it mattered and it also takes a defense to win games.

Give Dak an average RB, OL and WRs and he's still better than Goff. You guys are already dreading that signing...

Not dreading it whatsoever. Goff's been to a Super Bowl already. He just reworked his deal this offseason. The issues last year were balance (due to Gurley's injuries) and injuries along the offensive line. Spending big money on a RB is much more tenuous decision in the modern NFL than spending on a QB. Dak still better than Goff? He only averaged 15 yards more passing per game than Goff last year, and the Rams didn't have a running game to keep the defense honest and were starting 2-3 backups on their OL.

That #1 offense has a top RB and one of the best offensive lines in the league (although not as dominant as it has been in the rest of Dak's career). He's had that for all of his career, plus a HOF TE for most of it (although clearly declining with age). The only thing that has varied is his WR corps, but that has never been a poor situation. #1 in yards only led to #6 in points scored, which was a problem along with that defense.

Of course, the way to fix those defensive issues is to spend your first rounder on a WR and throw a huge contract at your QB, right? How long before the Cowboys regret a Dak extension? If they ever get that done?

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not dreading it whatsoever. Goff's been to a Super Bowl already. He just reworked his deal this offseason. The issues last year were balance (due to Gurley's injuries) and injuries along the offensive line. Spending big money on a RB is much more tenuous decision in the modern NFL than spending on a QB. Dak still better than Goff? He only averaged 15 yards more passing per game than Goff last year, and the Rams didn't have a running game to keep the defense honest and were starting 2-3 backups on their OL.

That #1 offense has a top RB and one of the best offensive lines in the league (although not as dominant as it has been in the rest of Dak's career). He's had that for all of his career, plus a HOF TE for most of it (although clearly declining with age). The only thing that has varied is his WR corps, but that has never been a poor situation. #1 in yards only led to #6 in points scored, which was a problem along with that defense.

Of course, the way to fix those defensive issues is to spend your first rounder on a WR and throw a huge contract at your QB, right? How long before the Cowboys regret a Dak extension? If they ever get that done?

103NotReaching_837177062.jpg

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He hasn't had a dominant OL most of his career. He had a dominant OL only in his first year. The year we met in the playoffs, whose OL and running game was by a mile better on that day? His HOF TE hasn't been better than league average since 2016. His WRs were horrible until last year (and half of the year before). Go sell silly somewhere else...

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the cowboys were smart they would not give Dak all that money until he shows that he can perform under Mike Mcarthy. I feel that last season was smokes and mirrors and given how easy their schedule was that season based of wins and loses which is how we measure QBs Dak under performed. I mean facing the Giants 2x, Redskins 2x, Dolphins, Lions then losing to the bears and Jets only managing 8 wins with probably the best running back in football are red flags to me in which to I wouldn't give him 40 millions dollars.

Dalton led the bengals to the playoffs like 4x playing against the steelers and ravens I would rather see how he does and if he wins 10 games I would move on from Dak and sign Dalton around 20 million a year and save that money elsewhere on the team.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He hasn't had a dominant OL most of his career. He had a dominant OL only in his first year. The year we met in the playoffs, whose OL and running game was by a mile better on that day? His HOF TE hasn't been better than league average since 2016. His WRs were horrible until last year (and half of the year before). Go sell silly somewhere else...

Is he crap? No. Is he elite? No. Then he's somewhere in the middle, around league average. So is Goff. It's that simple.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's just too bad. Dalton has starting QB talent. You'd think he could find a better situation than Dallas.

I think he kinda sat back and more or less waited until after the draft for CIN to release him or asked for his release...his agent should've been exploring options in LAC, NE, CAR (before Bridgewater) and asked for his release much sooner.

But as it stands...I think he's pretty comfortable in DAL...(he lives there), Dak is on a tag, no guarantee he will be back next year....he gets $3 mil guaranteed to more or less take a yr off getting hit, and re-surface next yr.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the cowboys were smart they would not give Dak all that money until he shows that he can perform under Mike Mcarthy. I feel that last season was smokes and mirrors and given how easy their schedule was that season based of wins and loses which is how we measure QBs Dak under performed. I mean facing the Giants 2x, Redskins 2x, Dolphins, Lions then losing to the bears and Jets only managing 8 wins with probably the best running back in football are red flags to me in which to I wouldn't give him 40 millions dollars.

Dalton led the bengals to the playoffs like 4x playing against the steelers and ravens I would rather see how he does and if he wins 10 games I would move on from Dak and sign Dalton around 20 million a year and save that money elsewhere on the team.

I liked this post, but I'm not sure I would do that because Dalton has played with talented teams in JAN and has not won in the postseason in 4 starts. But for $20 mil Dalton vs $33+ mil for Dak?

I think it's very much in play.

Dak should've taken the Jones' $33 mil or whatever is was...I don't foresee a huge FA market for him should he leave DAL, I really don't. He's better than Dalton to me, but not THAT much better.

Last edited:

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dalton went 20-35 last 4 seasons, think Stidham is a better option to try for the year, plus short dinero. You don't know what you have unless you let them play, and sink or swim
No Nonsense.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dalton went 20-35 last 4 seasons, think Stidham is a better option to try for the year, plus short dinero. You don't know what you have unless you let them play, and sink or swim

I agree with this, but much like PIT LY...they were starving for a vet QB that can at least keep you in football games...that's huge for a team with a solid DEF.

Having to go to Duck, after Rudolph failed killed the season for the Steelers. A lot of teams don't even carry 3 QBs these days....in this case with Stidham on a rookie deal it would've made sense to bring in a vet...let Stidham have the wheel until he needs to be taken away.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with this, but much like PIT LY...they were starving for a vet QB that can at least keep you in football games...that's huge for a team with a solid DEF.

Having to go to Duck, after Rudolph failed killed the season for the Steelers. A lot of teams don't even carry 3 QBs these days....in this case with Stidham on a rookie deal it would've made sense to bring in a vet...let Stidham have the wheel until he needs to be taken away.

Well I'm not saying Hoyer is starter material but I think him being around while, will be good for Stidham and he could plug n play for some of the season need be. He did go 10-6 with the Browns as a starter and Dalton has been sub par for the past 4-5 seasons, I'd take my chance with Hoyer who already is familiar with the system. Now I wish they signed Jameis for the short money he just signed for or even Cam if he would take short money and take a shot at riding the pine, and showing what he has if Stidham fails or gets injured. Look at Jimmy G, he lasted 6 Q before he got injured and then Brisett was banged up in his second game, luckily Brady's suspension ended after the 16-0 loss to Buffalo in Foxboro

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I'm not saying Hoyer is starter material but I think him being around while, will be good for Stidham and he could plug n play for some of the season need be. He did go 10-6 with the Browns as a starter and Dalton has been sub par for the past 4-5 seasons, I'd take my chance with Hoyer who already is familiar with the system. Now I wish they signed Jameis for the short money he just signed for or even Cam if he would take short money and take a shot at riding the pine, and showing what he has if Stidham fails or gets injured. Look at Jimmy G, he lasted 6 Q before he got injured and then Brisett was banged up in his second game, luckily Brady's suspension ended after the 16-0 loss to Buffalo in Foxboro
NFL Draft & Combine Profile - Jarrett Stidham | NFL.com

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A little small for a QB but seems like McDaniels likes what he sees in him, time will tell, if he is correct
I predict Stidham becomes a solid starting QB.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously Dak isnt as good as Dalton.
I dont know how many times I have been told. Stats dont Lie!

95756710_3083369898423316_2399570843563720704_n.jpg

Dak is a goner!!!

Wait... are you being serious or did I miss something?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Forgot about Hoyer...I think Dalton has more upside, but if the intent is a stop gap/rescue starter...Hoyer can do that for a yr.

Dalton...yeah, his numbers suffered the last few yrs...the team did struggle also, but he has to own some of that....buncha different OCs...OL issues were also factors.

I can see Cam taking short money if nothing breaks for him by the time camps start.

mrschaney

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dalton has already said he was brought in to compete for the starting job. Not as a backup