• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How Does Weather Affect 49ers-Seahawks?

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the NFC Conference Championship, if it rains, will that favor the 49ers or the Seahawks?

What about if it snows (unlikely, but possible)?

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They seem so similar to me that I don't see weather as much of a factor.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I think weather would be a push. Both teams play D and can run the football enough for even affects, IMO.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is zero chance of snow. Highs should be around 50. There is a chance of showers now, but not the crazy weather of last week. Just the typical light shower common in this region. How will it impact the game? Unknown, but I don't think it will change things much. It was the winds last week that have impact on the Saints game, not so much the rain.

What I noticed most about the rain was how many more potential picks our defense dropped. They rarely drop balls thrown at them and lost at least 3 in that game. WR's practice catching those, but maybe the DB's don't as much? :noidea: If that is true then it favors SF as they are much more likely to throw picks than Seattle.

Ties5o11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is zero chance of snow. Highs should be around 50. There is a chance of showers now, but not the crazy weather of last week. Just the typical light shower common in this region. How will it impact the game? Unknown, but I don't think it will change things much. It was the winds last week that have impact on the Saints game, not so much the rain.

What I noticed most about the rain was how many more potential picks our defense dropped. They rarely drop balls thrown at them and lost at least 3 in that game. WR's practice catching those, but maybe the DB's don't as much? :noidea: If that is true then it favors SF as they are much more likely to throw picks than Seattle.

Not trying to get into a homer chest-bumb war here, but I am not sure if this is the case. Kaep has thrown two picks in the eight games since Crabtree has returned. Wilson has thrown three. Both totals are low but do not indicate a "much more likely" IMO.

Mr. Tacoma

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far it's looking like it's gonna be pretty typical Seattle weather for this time of year. Low 50s, possible drizzle, nothing that should affect a football game.

Not that either of those teams need weather to beat the other.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dunno but based on how Seattle played New Orleans, I'd say any rain will affect Seattle more.

Seattle dropped like 3 INTs and a few passes because of the rain. And muffed an onside kick.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dunno but based on how Seattle played New Orleans, I'd say any rain will affect Seattle more.

Seattle dropped like 3 INTs and a few passes because of the rain. And muffed an onside kick.

Seattle played a little tight in the fourth qtr. Not sure it was the rain and wind or what......