• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

HOW does Mel Kiper still have a job???

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
played against him in a playoff game in high school. i also played a game vs matt hasselbeck. xaverian turns out decent football talent.

just messin' with ya, rock.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just messin' with ya, rock.
i know. i was just answerin'.

i also played against jerry azumah in football and hoops. i think he made a probowl for the bears.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
played against him in a playoff game in high school. i also played a game vs matt hasselbeck. xaverian turns out decent football talent.

Like Todd Mcshay

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
imagesdfssdfsd.jpg

BambinoBear

The longer the title the less important the job.
Hoopla Cash
$ 236.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
image.jpg

BambinoBear

The longer the title the less important the job.
Hoopla Cash
$ 236.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4f193c742b16be3fa42582378ff789bc054badfdc2eb551197626d258088e83f.jpg

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what i find funny is he gave the pats a high draft grade. why?

he included cooks and kealy, guys they GOT using picks...not drafted by the team. he kinda has to separate the 2. they arent under the same control and cost more.

they had 4 picks...4. all are projects. fewest draft picks in the belichick era.

Mel Kiper Jr. Thinks Very Highly Of Patriots’ 2017 NFL Draft

Here’s Kiper’s analysis, via ESPN.com: The reason the Patriots’ grade is so high with no first- or second-round picks? You have to remember that Brandin Cooks and Kony Ealy are essentially those picks, and New England knows exactly what it’s getting in both. Cooks is a devastating big-play threat who has caught 315 passes in three seasons in the league. Ealy will likely start at defensive end in New England’s 3-4. The questions there are the contracts. Cooks could be looking at a mega-deal after 2018, and Ealy is a free agent after this season. New England also got Dwayne Allen, plus a sixth from the Colts for a fourth, and surrendered its fifth-round pick for Mike Gillislee. All should contribute to a team looking to defend a Super Bowl title. Now, on to what New England got this weekend, including two guys who were higher on my board than where the Patriots picked, and at need positions. Derek Rivers is a workout freak and ferocious pass-rusher who had 41 career sacks at Youngstown State. He would have been a contributor if he had played at Ohio State. Antonio Garcia required giving up their fourth-round pick in a trade up 11 spots, but he’s a natural left tackle who started 42 collegiate games. He was my fifth-ranked tackle. If he’s the Patriots’ swing tackle backing up both Nate Solder and Marcus Cannon, that’s an improvement. Deatrich Wise Jr., a versatile edge defender, continues the Patriots’ Arkansas pipeline.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mel Kiper basically kicked off a LOT of the media hype around the draft. It was always KIND of a thing, but his mock drafts, discussion, and charisma (people LOVE to hate the guy) boosted the draft publicity up big time.

Nobody attends the drafts for NBA/NHL/MLB (if you even can!) like the NFL. A lot of the ideas around publicity and viewership/content he provided. Kiper started out of his parent's basement I believe. He was VERY much a modern day Walterfootball who MANY sites (including ESPN/NFL mention I believe) would probably have a job for ESPN if he was born 20 years ago.

The modern day draft hysteria can often be attributed to Kiper and getting people hyped about college players and how they MAY translate to a team or the NFL.

Much as you may hate the guy, I applaud he pretty much created his own job working for at the time a very reputable sports broadcasting Company. ESPN is now declining because they are run by retards, but Kiper certainly got his payday.

I remember saying the same thing several years ago. I know a person who works for the Seahawks and is involved in the draft (not disclosing anymore for confidentiality purposes) and after I said that he pretty much told me the above story and explained Kiper was ONE of the reasons many people actually tune in/attend the draft today.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, I knew about the failed test, but that alone prob wouldnt be enough for the drop, many consider him the best defensive player in this draft

Well, he was also sent home from the combine and uninvited from the draft. There are medical concerns about his shoulder as well.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can rip Kiper all you want, but calling McShay professional is preposterous. He's an arrogant, petulant boy. He adds nothing but a foil to Kiper. A young Skip Bayless.