• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How do you guys feel about Hoyer?

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you think Elway had a hand in benching Brock? (Initially)

That was my impression as we all thought Oz was the guy for the playoffs - Kubiak was non-committal about it one day and the next - he was calling Peyton Manning.

I think Brock was pretty beat up at the end of the season.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally remember Kubiak does have a certain ability to get the most out of QB's that work with him. Jake Plummer is a great example in that in AZ he never had a QB rating above 80. With the Broncos until his final year with us where he got benched he never had a QB rating below 84.5 and had 2 years in the 90's. So he can help bring out some of the best in a QB.

And in that year Kubiak had already left for Houston. That was 2006 and Kubiak was hired by the Texans following the 2005 season. Plummer has said a few times he believes his career would have been a lot different had Kubiak remained in Denver.

I believe Kubiak could make a serviceable backup out of Hoyer. If they went into the season with Sanchez, Hoyer, and Siemian I think they'd have good depth there. Give Sanchez the reigns and see if he earns an extension. Give Hoyer a 2 year deal. Next year give Siemian a fair shot to climb the depth chart.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And in that year Kubiak had already left for Houston. That was 2006 and Kubiak was hired by the Texans following the 2005 season. Plummer has said a few times he believes his career would have been a lot different had Kubiak remained in Denver.

I believe Kubiak could make a serviceable backup out of Hoyer. If they went into the season with Sanchez, Hoyer, and Siemian I think they'd have good depth there. Give Sanchez the reigns and see if he earns an extension. Give Hoyer a 2 year deal. Next year give Siemian a fair shot to climb the depth chart.
I think we get almost the same result but at a lower price if we stick with Sanchez, Siemian, and a draftee to be named later.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hoyer is not as bad as the playoff game last year.
Why Cleveland let him go, I have no idea!
Is Hoyer a QB for a team like the Broncos? No, not even with good coaching. He'll never be a long term answer.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hoyer is not as bad as the playoff game last year.
Why Cleveland let him go, I have no idea!
Is Hoyer a QB for a team like the Broncos? No, not even with good coaching. He'll never be a long term answer.

I don't think any of the FA QB's we would bring in even Kaepernick would be the long-term solutions. What we are looking for is there a veteran out there that can manage the game and be even an average QB? To me Hoyer has shown at times he can definitely be that type of QB. Really the draft is our only chance that maybe we luck into a guy that is a top-10 QB. With picking at 31 though I doubt at least 1st year could we come close to that kind of production from a rookie. We would be lucky to get average production from a rookie at the end of 1.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kaepernick at least has a top QB ceiling or used to have one. More likely the Broncos need a couple year bridge to the real QB solution.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
looks the same to me ..

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really don't see much diff between Hoyer, Sanchez, McCown, etc. All have the same similar upside and downside for Denver. Still better than Kap. I heard Jamarcus is going to attempt a comeback. Probably excite some of ya. ;)

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really don't see much diff between Hoyer, Sanchez, McCown, etc. All have the same similar upside and downside for Denver. Still better than Kap. I heard Jamarcus is going to attempt a comeback. Probably excite some of ya. ;)
I actually think that Sanchez is a better athlete than Hoyer.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually think that Sanchez is a better athlete than Hoyer.
True. He does have that ability to see a crack at the line of scrimmage,attack it and assilirate in opposite direction better than most I've seen. Aka, I still do to. Better asslete for sure.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point ill take Peter Pan to compete with Dirty Sanchez.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point ill take Peter Pan to compete with Dirty Sanchez.
I think it's pretty much a lock that there will be competition, whether a trade, a FA, or the draft.

Signed,
Professor Obvious

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Assuming you don't plan on doing some crazy wildcat formation or kneel on 1st, 2nd, and 3rd downs who would you want as QB? I see a lot of people bitching about every option we have. Who is your QB?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you want a non-biased view on Hoyer.

He's a lot like Fitz imo...if you give him a solid running game to keep the playaction fake respected...Hoyer can be an effective QB. He needs some 1st down passing opportunities obviously, but 3rd and long, playing behind the chains is not where you want him a lot.

Maybe a little livelier arm than Fitz...good stop gap QB.