• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How do we handle Tyson Bageant for the rest of the season?

Should we give Bageant some play time

• Yes, ASAP

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes I log on to this forum with the belief that I've probably already have seen the dumbest post possible. And then there's a new one that just completely takes the fucking cake for just mind blowing retardedness.
And it's signed Bearswillwin right?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get the kid in there. Push Fields to the side. That kid played a ton of college ball and has a better grasp then Flats er Fields on how a NFL offense works. He some how gets rid of the ball on time. Next year we can draft and ruin a new promising young QB.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bagent is #2 on the depth chart now.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get the kid in there. Push Fields to the side. That kid played a ton of college ball and has a better grasp then Flats er Fields on how a NFL offense works. He some how gets rid of the ball on time. Next year we can draft and ruin a new promising young QB.

He threw 24 passes in preseason and we already know he can run an NFL offense? That’s nice.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He threw 24 passes in preseason and we already know he can run an NFL offense? That’s nice.
He threw more in college then the first 3 qbs drafted did combined. We know he understands the game.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At a D2 school. Throwing against guys playing in the XFL now.

No we don't. You can pretend you do.
The kid has a ton of college experience and it shows. It shows enough where most every Bear fan would like to see more. He makes reads and gets rid of the ball quickly. He reads defenses and makes adjustments at the line. He is a film room junkie and a leader by example. I'm not claiming greatness or anything. I'm saying I have seen enough to be interested in seeing more. There is a reason he beat out 2 vets for the backup job as a un drafted guy.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He threw 24 preseason passes and beat out 2 vets for back up QB. He threw 24 preseason passes and a NFL staff made him the no.2 as a un drafted small school FA QB. He threw 24 preseason passes and had we not put him on the team he did enough to get stolen by another team. Pretty impressive if you ask me.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fields played well enough yesterday that we won't see Bagent until after the bye at the earliest.

I do expect some kind of loss similar to the TB game this Thursday.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He threw 24 preseason passes and beat out 2 vets for back up QB.

Yeah. PJ and Peterman. Real stiff competition.
The kid has a ton of college experience and it shows. It shows enough where most every Bear fan would like to see more.

Stop pretending to speak for Bears fans. You're the village idiot. The village idiot isn't allowed to speak for the village.
He makes reads and gets rid of the ball quickly. He reads defenses and makes adjustments at the line.

You're basing this off of 24 preseason passes.
. He is a film room junkie and a leader by example.

You're basing this off nothing at all. You're literally just pulling shit out of your ass now.
There is a reason he beat out 2 vets for the backup job as a un drafted guy.

There's a reason he played D2. There's a reason he went undrafted. There's a reason he was on the practice squad.
He threw 24 preseason passes and a NFL staff made him the no.2

Possibly the worst staff in the NFL.
Pretty impressive if you ask me.

Yeah but you still think Trubisky is a future hall of famer. So I'm gonna take this with a grain of salt if that's okay.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. PJ and Peterman. Real stiff competition.

Stop pretending to speak for Bears fans. You're the village idiot. The village idiot isn't allowed to speak for the village.

You're basing this off of 24 preseason passes.

You're basing this off nothing at all. You're literally just pulling shit out of your ass now.

There's a reason he played D2. There's a reason he went undrafted. There's a reason he was on the practice squad.

Possibly the worst staff in the NFL.

Yeah but you still think Trubisky is a future hall of famer. So I'm gonna take this with a grain of salt if that's okay.
A grain of salt is smarter then you. That is how this reads. The board moron talking shit again. He did not make the team based on 24 preseason passes. That was me making fun of you, He made the team at the senior bowl then cemented it all thru camp. lol Your not bright. Now tell me there is a reason and if that reason applied to all the HOF QBs that came from nowhere and or were drafted near last. No dummy there is a reason he is there now, and a reason to see more.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He did not make the team based on 24 preseason passes.

Well, he did. That's actually exactly what happened.
He made the team at the senior bowl then cemented it all thru camp.

And if he had come out and shit the bed in preseason games he would either still be on the practice squad or cut.

Walker played like crap and Bagent played well in preseason. Therefore Bagent made the team.
Your not bright.

You're. Also, irony.
Now tell me there is a reason and if that reason applied to all the HOF QBs that came from nowhere and or were drafted near last.

What a ridiculously incoherent rambling sentence we have a here.

Yeah there have been some undrafted gems at the QB. Kurt Warner. Jeff Garcia. Delhomme. Romo. Warren Moon.

Do you really think that because those 5 guys did what they did that means starting Bagent is intelligent?

What is the Bears current biggest problem? I think most fans would probably say coaching. We seem to have an awful head coach paired with an equally awful offensive coordinator. We don't have the best offensive line around. So you really expect Bagent to go in and become Kurt Warner? And you have the nerve to call someone else dumb?
No dummy there is a reason he is there now, and a reason to see more.

Again....this is all coming from the guy that thought Mitch was a stud. So.....anyways.

BeaReylo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Martz says it's time for Bagent.

Martz's tenure was before my time but I'm pretty sure if he says something is good for The Bears its more than likely a set up. His coaching stint was a disaster and from what I've read he's still bitter at the team over getting sacked.

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if Fields somehow starts to turn it around,Poles wont keep him anyways for fear of him starting ugly again next season.......

Hes had his chance and I fo believe theres a 90% chance hes not here next season......

Bring on Williams
yeah, gotta agree, but also think there is a chance Poles is not here either. Our new president seems to like the spotlight, when he is basically taking over for a guy that counts the money and makes sure the franchise is getting its proper payments from jersey sales. Are we really going to want poles if it really comes down to 1 and 2?

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Martz says it's time for Bagent.

The reason I do not agree with this is simply because I think Fields would be a better player now if he was forced to sit and watch the first 14 or 15 games. Let Bagent watch all the mistakes so he learns from them.

Nobody thought Purdy was anything special either, but in all honesty, bear football is best with dominating lines, a running game and a choking defense.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reason I do not agree with this is simply because I think Fields would be a better player now if he was forced to sit and watch the first 14 or 15 games. Let Bagent watch all the mistakes so he learns from them.
I would agree.
But this thread and these posts have to be taken into context. Bears were at an all time low before the Denver game. And Fields looked awful, confused and lost out there.
I seriously doubt we actually see Bagent play more than a handful of meaningful snaps unless something catastrophic happens to Fields.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would agree.
But this thread and these posts have to be taken into context. Bears were at an all time low before the Denver game. And Fields looked awful, confused and lost out there.
I seriously doubt we actually see Bagent play more than a handful of meaningful snaps unless something catastrophic happens to Fields.

If the following is correct about Fields is struggling vs Zone, I expect the offense to regress to the what we've seen in weeks 1-3 tomorrow.

Honest review of Justin Fields' #Bears-#Broncos game:

Fields looked like a dynamo early, doing nearly everything Bears fans have begged him to all year -- he hit throws over the middle, he hit long balls down the sideline, and he did it all on-time & within the structure of the offense. Banner day.

But why did it happen on Sunday? In my opinion, Fields' success was largely due to a bizarre Broncos' first half gameplan -- for some reason, despite knowing Fields struggles against zone coverage, Vance Joseph called man coverage with a ridiculous 10-yard cushion all the way through halftime.

Knowing this, Fields & Getsy dialed up every WR pick play & isolation play they had in the playbook. Everything worked, and Fields never needed to look past Read #2 -- usually, read #1 was open, but if not #2 absolutely was.

Bootlegs worked great too because the cross-field chaos created natural picks & generated WRs in space with a linebackers in pursuit.

All of this meant that while Fields had to make plenty of physically demanding throws (like the STRIKE to Moore over the middle rolling out or the corner TD throw), more often than not Fields knew where he was throwing the ball before each play started. He could laser-lock on the target he wanted, and the Broncos defense would reward him for it.

Fields finished the half with phenomenal statistics that attested to his great day. 3 strong drives, 3 TDs, and only 1 incompletion -- the Hail Mary Chicago attempted at the end of the half.

But then, beginning in the first drive of the 2nd half, Vance Joseph started calling more and more spot-drop zones & Fields started checking the ball down. The deeper shots within the offense disappeared while Herbert & Kmet got peppered with backfield targets -- some targets picked up yards, some didn't. Slowly, the Broncos got more stops.

This is because spot-drop zone attacks one of the biggest weaknesses in Fields' game -- his sense of timing when throwing into the gaps (or 'soft spots') within 7-man zone coverages. Fields wants to see his man cleanly break open, and in the NFL that's often too late. Thus, Fields would check it down.

This defensive game plan & result may sound familiar to you, because it's exactly what Green Bay did in Week 1. It's also what Todd Bowles' Buccaneers team pivoted towards in Week 2 after their blitz-heavy approach led to a gashing on the opening drive. These defenses sat back in zones, fenced Fields into the pocket, and waited for him to come to them. In those games, he did.

The Broncos used spot-drop zones to force the Bears' first 3 & out of the game. Then, on the next drive, Denver caught Chicago leaning on one-too-many bootlegs and forced a nasty fumble that just can't happen, regardless of who you want to blame. Suddenly, the game was tied.

On the ensuing Bears possession, Denver used spot-drop on 2 of it's first 3 plays -- Fields hit his checkdown in both. Marcedes Lewis got flagged for holding on the first play & Fields threw too high for Herbert on the 2nd. Suddenly, after a Larry Borom false start, it was 3rd & 10.

Vance Joseph just couldn't help himself and called Man/Match coverage one more time. Fields scrambled for 20 yards himself. A huge play! And, apparently, the last passing play the Bears' coaches felt like they needed to attempt on the most important drive of the game. Ultimately, they turned the ball over on downs (which leads to a separate conversation about the coaching, but we'll save that for another time)

Thus, down 31-28, Fields had the opportunity to tie (or win) the game and knew exactly what coverage he was going to see -- some variation of spot-drop zone.

Fields threw an interception to end the game. Cole Kmet says he recognized match coverage & adjusted his route accordingly, but thinks Fields read zone on the play. Ultimately, the Bears lost.

To wrap this up, I think Fields played well, especially early. He looked like he was playing comfortable and free, and that's always a fun thing to watch. And against the Broncos' Man and Match coverages, Fields & the Bears were nearly unstoppable.

But if Fields can't consistently beat zone coverage, especially spot-drop zone (one of the easier zone defenses to implement within any defensive structure), Justin is going to have major issues that won't go away.

Luke Getsy and the offense need to work with him to find zone-beating passing concepts that Fields likes, but at some point the QB needs to show he can throw into the windows of a zone defense. There's no way to just avoid this.

Justin Fields has a lot to prove against Washington on Thursday -- no doubt Ron Rivera, a Lovie Smith Cover 2/Tampa 2 acolyte, has seen the Week 1, Week 2, and Week 4 tape. They've got a ferocious Defensive Line & a strong group of DBs. It's another huge test for Chicago's signal-caller, and one I hope to see him pass. We'll see.

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everything Fields did was against the only team worse on defense than the bears (who he practices against) while the Commandos have that Rivera (another coach the bears let get away) mentality.

Players read sicial media too, and word is Everfluke will be let go this friday with a loss so the bears take advantage of a mini bye week to get changes made. If its true, I guess we see how they feel about their coach by the effort we see. Word is mean is back today as Jenkins returns so only one of the two worst rated lineman in football will start. Peterman is officially emergency QB now, its just the fragile ego of Fields that is keeping Bagent on the sidelines, because he goes in and completes a couple of those 20 yard crossing patterns, there is no taking him out.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need to tank. It’s obvious now. Only the idiots would disagree—For the integrity of the game damnit!!