• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How did I do?

Rate my squad

• A

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B

• C

Votes: 6 75.0%
  • D

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • F

• Potato salad

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drafted 9th tonight in a .5 PPR league. 12 teams
1. Justin Jefferson WR
2. Kyren Williams RB
3. Sam LaPorta TE
4. Pat Mahomes QB
5. Amari Cooper WR
6. Zay Flowers WR
7. Jayden Reed WR
8. Jaylen Warren RB
9. Tyjae Spears RB
10. DeAndre Hopkins WR
11. Jake Moody K
12. Ezekiel Elliott RB
13. Khalil Shakir WR
14. Cin Def (I play matchups each week they have New England week 1)
15. Dontayvion Wicks WR

My RB 2 is somebody that I take off waivers this season. Last few years half the guys in the top 12 RBs taken have gotten hurt. In the mean time, I’ll play matchups for TDs and shit. Zeke is gonna get goal line carries. I think Warren is the better back in Pittsburgh.

The only thing that made me upset was JJ in round 1. I wanted Amon Ra and back up was AJ Brown at 9. Jefferson falls to me. I didn’t want to fuck with that QB situation.

I have the number 2 QB on my board and the 1 TE. Getting that first tier TE was important to me because last few years it’s been like 2-3 TEs then a big drop. I came in trying to get WR depth but don’t know that I pulled that off.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JJ is definitely scary this year, but we're probably overreacting with Darnold.

Your RB situation is lacking, though it's possible Pollard isn't all that and Spears takes over.
Probably looks better if you went RB instead of Flowers and Reed, but not knowing who was available makes that disputable.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JJ is a way safer bet than AJ Brown.

He is the best WR in the game. And Brown’s QB situation is far less than ideal also.

Darnold likely to lock in on JJ. He will be fine.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Your RB situation is lacking, though it's possible Pollard isn't all that and Spears takes over.
Probably looks better if you went RB instead of Flowers and Reed, but not knowing who was available makes that disputable.
Connor Mostert Najee Zamir White on Flowers. Brian Robinson and Devin Singletary were the guys I passed on for Reed.

Right or wrong, my draft strategy was to look to fill my 2nd RB slot through the waiver wire because of the way that position has gone the last few years. I like Zay a bunch to have a big year in year 2. I really like WRs in year 2. They will sometimes blow up and you get really good value. I looked at Reed the same way.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
think Warren is the better back in Pittsburgh.
Been hearing this argument for a couple years now. I think it would've happened by now if he really was better.

New run-first OC and Harris in the last year of his contract, he's gonna run hard cause he wants to be paid at the end of the season.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been hearing this argument for a couple years now. I think it would've happened by now if he really was better.

New run-first OC and Harris in the last year of his contract, he's gonna run hard cause he wants to be paid at the end of the season.
I always thought Najee was running hard. I just don’t think Trent Richardson… I mean Najee Harris is a good NFL RB

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
U have upside guys. But a lot of scary uncertainty in your first really 10 Rounds.few guys step up and you're fine though. Lots of upside. I give it a, C, as is. But lofty potential.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
U have upside guys. But a lot of scary uncertainty in your first really 10 Rounds.few guys step up and you're fine though. Lots of upside. I give it a, C, as is. But lofty potential.
I need to lock down RB2 on the waiver wire and the strategy pays off. The 9th pick seems like a black hole.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right or wrong, my draft strategy was to look to fill my 2nd RB slot through the waiver wire because of the way that position has gone the last few years.
I must say, that I've never heard of this strategy. Maybe it'll work out great, I've heard of other strategies that I would initially laugh at, and it ends up working out just fine, so who knows.
BUT- very sketchy IMHO, to stream/depend on waiver pickups for ANY starting position, outside of perhaps Kicker. I know plenty stream Defenses, I think it's a joke that at best works out %50 of the time. But a RB off waivers as the strategy going into the year? craziness.

You said, because of the way the position has gone in recent years- lets take a quick look at the top 24 RB's (a legit RB2 should be in the top 24 if leagues size is 12 teams- in theory) the past few seasons and see how many of them could've been had off waivers-

2023 - now here we had some options- mostly due to injuries - I think Kyren WIlliams went undrafted in many places as the assumed starter was still Cam Akers- many others he was drafted. Jerome Ford makes the list due to Chubb's horrific injury in early. And Gus Edwards is right on the cusp due to Dobbins injuries - so if you were quick on the draw, you had multiple options throughout the early part of the year to fill a RB slot

2022- Jerrick McKinnnon clocked in right around 20th spot, probably wasn't drafted. that'd be about the only guy most likely

2021- Darrel Williams ended up in the top 24, I can't explain how- and he's literally the ONLY guy int he top 24 that wouldn't have realistically been drafted

2020 - James Robinson, an udfa in Jacksonville, IF you were quick on the uptake you could've grabbed him off waivers after your draft, maybe after week 1- MAYBE. Depending on the savviness of your league mates/league size- MAYBE Mike Davis and Kenyon Drake, but I do believe they were drafted RB's back then and that's about it as far as top 24 backs

It's a risk, to bank on. Yes thee's always someone that emerges, yes there's always someone that assumes a productive role when someone goes down, but you're really committing yourself to being very attentive to the waiver wire every single week, and it'll most likely end up chasing points week to week

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I must say, that I've never heard of this strategy. Maybe it'll work out great, I've heard of other strategies that I would initially laugh at, and it ends up working out just fine, so who knows.
BUT- very sketchy IMHO, to stream/depend on waiver pickups for ANY starting position, outside of perhaps Kicker. I know plenty stream Defenses, I think it's a joke that at best works out %50 of the time. But a RB off waivers as the strategy going into the year? craziness.

You said, because of the way the position has gone in recent years- lets take a quick look at the top 24 RB's (a legit RB2 should be in the top 24 if leagues size is 12 teams- in theory) the past few seasons and see how many of them could've been had off waivers-

2023 - now here we had some options- mostly due to injuries - I think Kyren WIlliams went undrafted in many places as the assumed starter was still Cam Akers- many others he was drafted. Jerome Ford makes the list due to Chubb's horrific injury in early. And Gus Edwards is right on the cusp due to Dobbins injuries - so if you were quick on the draw, you had multiple options throughout the early part of the year to fill a RB slot

2022- Jerrick McKinnnon clocked in right around 20th spot, probably wasn't drafted. that'd be about the only guy most likely

2021- Darrel Williams ended up in the top 24, I can't explain how- and he's literally the ONLY guy int he top 24 that wouldn't have realistically been drafted

2020 - James Robinson, an udfa in Jacksonville, IF you were quick on the uptake you could've grabbed him off waivers after your draft, maybe after week 1- MAYBE. Depending on the savviness of your league mates/league size- MAYBE Mike Davis and Kenyon Drake, but I do believe they were drafted RB's back then and that's about it as far as top 24 backs

It's a risk, to bank on. Yes thee's always someone that emerges, yes there's always someone that assumes a productive role when someone goes down, but you're really committing yourself to being very attentive to the waiver wire every single week, and it'll most likely end up chasing points week to week
I have dropped and added defenses weekly for years with great success.

I have some decent floor players on the roster for RB 2. I made this sacrifice to take Mahomes and LaPorta. In my eyes, it didn’t make sense to reach for RB by committee guys on the board over some 2nd year WRs I think will pay off.

I think I should be able to work a trade for a RB into season as a back up plan. Many guys in my league stock pile RBs.

The key to my team is Kyren Mahomes and LaPorta staying healthy. They’re going to be high volume performers if they are. If one of the three don’t work out I’m in trouble.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In your analysis you’re also forgetting that guys get drafted but then released on waivers as teams need to account for byes and injuries.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Justin Jefferson WR
2. Kyren Williams RB
3. Sam LaPorta TE
4. Pat Mahomes QB
5. Amari Cooper WR
6. Zay Flowers WR
7. Jayden Reed WR
8. Jaylen Warren RB
9. Tyjae Spears RB
10. DeAndre Hopkins WR
11. Jake Moody K
12. Ezekiel Elliott RB
13. Khalil Shakir WR
15. Dontayvion Wicks WR
As to the team itself, here's my thoughts-
First off, the RB's are bad, period. Even your best one is most likely to be an injury question mark all year long. he hasn't finished a season yet, and his preseason this year is already a huge question mark. Add in the presummed role change of returning punts, and the addition of a mid round rookie to share time with, stock is down on Kyren. The others are all part timers, you'll avoid zeros with them, but otherwise you're really hoping for miracles any given week. My lone exception would be Spears, who is in a time split, but I think he'l be a decent option any given week.

QB- you invested heavily to score the top QB in the game, unfortunately, he's not the best fantasy QB, not without a WR corp or at least a legit stud X receiver. he still produces very well, but he's not the automatic advantage he used to be

WR - on a roster with the RB's as weak as they are, I would've expected stronger WR's. Jefferson is a stud- regardless of Darnold. Not all that concerned that instead of a top 2-3 WR now he's 'only' a top 5-7 WR, big deal. Cooper is solid as a #2, but after that, very suspect at best. Need positive answers to multiple question marks for a decent #3 to emerge

TE is about as good as you could hope for- but it cost you elsewhere to get him.

Assuming you don't have a kicker position - blasphemy in my book, but whatever.

And straight said your streaming D's- so automatic one letter downgrade form me for that tactic ;)

I'd sway you've got some serious managing to do throughout the year, but if you are constantly tweaking things, quick on the trigger and have instincts that you feel good about trusting in those decisions, you can certainly compete.

I give it a C-

BTW- if you do use a kicker spot, and you exited the draft without a kicker..I change my grade to an F

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think he is scary at all. I wouldn't say he has the ceiling they did with Cousins obviously but I actually love the spot he is in considering he has Darnold. Addison is banged up. Hock on PUP. Dude is going to get a shit ton of targets especially if they get behind in games.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In your analysis you’re also forgetting that guys get drafted but then released on waivers as teams need to account for byes and injuries.
I've never been in a competitive league where a team owner drops a starting RB because he's on a bye - thus I didn't consider that being a possibility.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I wouldn't own any stock if you are relying on a starting RB in Pitt but they should both see plenty of carries now. I'm with you, I never thought Harris had a high ceiling but pretty consistent. Warren is a nice backup that will see plenty of snaps

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The key to my team is Kyren Mahomes and LaPorta staying healthy. They’re going to be high volume performers if they are. If one of the three don’t work out I’m in trouble.
And that's a huge IF, that's all I'm saying on him

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Justin Jefferson WR
2. Kyren Williams RB
3. Sam LaPorta TE
4. Pat Mahomes QB
5. Amari Cooper WR
6. Zay Flowers WR
7. Jayden Reed WR
8. Jaylen Warren RB
9. Tyjae Spears RB
10. DeAndre Hopkins WR
11. Jake Moody K
12. Ezekiel Elliott RB
13. Khalil Shakir WR
15. Dontayvion Wicks WR

My RB 2 is somebody that I take off waivers this season. Last few years half the guys in the top 12 RBs taken have gotten hurt. In the mean time, I’ll play matchups for TDs and shit. Zeke is gonna get goal line carries. I think Warren is the better back in Pittsburgh.

The only thing that made me upset was JJ in round 1. I wanted Amon Ra and back up was AJ Brown at 9. Jefferson falls to me. I didn’t want to fuck with that QB situation.

I have the number 2 QB on my board and the 1 TE. Getting that first tier TE was important to me because last few years it’s been like 2-3 TEs then a big drop. I came in trying to get WR depth but don’t know that I pulled that off.
Love JJ especially at the 9 spot. Amon is the safer bet but JJ is still in a great situation.

Your RB's are scary. Kyren now on ST's too as a returner and he has Corum as a backup. His job is safe for now but who knows with Mcvay.

I can't imagine there will be too much RB depth in a 12 team league on the WW.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I should be able to work a trade for a RB into season as a back up plan. Many guys in my league stock pile RBs.
I've got too much time on my hands this morning, sorry

Little bit about me- don't' take this the wrong way, as I'm filling my boredom with my favorite past time, not just getting on here to stir a pot or get a reaction, just engaging in conversations that I love having. Sometimes I come off harsh- I'm working on it :)

with your roster as constructed, there are three players that I'd be willing to trade a decent starting RB for - Jefferson, Laporta, and Mahommes.
Even if a couple of those young WR's 'sprout' I'm not risking a position as scarce as a starting RB on one of them.

Just sayin'

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 438.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As to the team itself, here's my thoughts-
First off, the RB's are bad, period. Even your best one is most likely to be an injury question mark all year long. he hasn't finished a season yet, and his preseason this year is already a huge question mark. Add in the presummed role change of returning punts, and the addition of a mid round rookie to share time with, stock is down on Kyren. The others are all part timers, you'll avoid zeros with them, but otherwise you're really hoping for miracles any given week. My lone exception would be Spears, who is in a time split, but I think he'l be a decent option any given week.

QB- you invested heavily to score the top QB in the game, unfortunately, he's not the best fantasy QB, not without a WR corp or at least a legit stud X receiver. he still produces very well, but he's not the automatic advantage he used to be

WR - on a roster with the RB's as weak as they are, I would've expected stronger WR's. Jefferson is a stud- regardless of Darnold. Not all that concerned that instead of a top 2-3 WR now he's 'only' a top 5-7 WR, big deal. Cooper is solid as a #2, but after that, very suspect at best. Need positive answers to multiple question marks for a decent #3 to emerge

TE is about as good as you could hope for- but it cost you elsewhere to get him.

Assuming you don't have a kicker position - blasphemy in my book, but whatever.

And straight said your streaming D's- so automatic one letter downgrade form me for that tactic ;)

I'd sway you've got some serious managing to do throughout the year, but if you are constantly tweaking things, quick on the trigger and have instincts that you feel good about trusting in those decisions, you can certainly compete.

I give it a C-

BTW- if you do use a kicker spot, and you exited the draft without a kicker..I change my grade to an F
I agree with most of this assessment. I have said on a few of these rate my team questions that I really like RB depth and judge hard against a team that lacks that. I disagree with your strategy that you can find a starting RB on the ww easily enough to bank on doing that. In my main league, I am starting off with Achane, Mixon, A. Jones, Ford, and Brooks and I don't think I have enough depth. I think if there is a position these days that you can find a starter off the wire every week, it would be QB (in non superflex leagues).

I do disagree with Treff on streaming defenses and kickers, though. I think that strategy is perfectly fine.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never been in a competitive league where a team owner drops a starting RB because he's on a bye - thus I didn't consider that being a possibility.
Last season the following top 24 backs were available in this league through waivers:
Kyren Williams
Rachad White
Alvin Kamara
J Ford
Gus Edwards
Brian Robinson Jr.

That’s 25% of the top 24 guys.

I am playing a philosophy in grabbing 2nd year WRs. I rate Zay Flowers, Jayden Reed, and Dontayvius Wicks higher than most. I need one of these guys to lock down my flex spot.