• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How crazy is it to even conider ...

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
... dropping Teixeira in order to take a flier on Grady Sizemore? Both have very high ceilings, but both are also risky.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
... dropping Teixeira in order to take a flier on Grady Sizemore? Both have very high ceilings, but both are also risky.

Dont do this... This is silly... OF is the deepest position in fantasy, why take a flier on Sizemore... Also if either risk pays out, Teixiera would be the one that would pay out more, since teixiera is the better player... Would rather have teixiera as my DH or U than sizemore anyday, even with them both as is right now...

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dont do this... This is silly... OF is the deepest position in fantasy, why take a flier on Sizemore... Also if either risk pays out, Teixiera would be the one that would pay out more, since teixiera is the better player... Would rather have teixiera as my DH or U than sizemore anyday, even with them both as is right now...

That is certainly the conventional wisdom, since Tex is owned in 100% of all espn leagues, and Sizemore is owned in only 6%. The ex ante conventional wisdom, of course, frequently differs from what happens ex post.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Call me silly, 'cuz I'd take a shot at Sizemore. :whistle:

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who are your other FirstSackers? I wouldn't draft BigTexy if you paid me,(hyperbole) but Id throw a flier at Sizemore. Im with MS on outfield being the easiest position to fill. There are always guys waiting on waivers who are start worthy. But I waste late round picks on guys I like all the time. And Sizemore was a favorite of mine back in the day.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you're set at 1st and weak in your OF, I wouldn't be against it...

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who are your other FirstSackers? I wouldn't draft BigTexy if you paid me,(hyperbole) but Id throw a flier at Sizemore. Im with MS on outfield being the easiest position to fill. There are always guys waiting on waivers who are start worthy. But I waste late round picks on guys I like all the time. And Sizemore was a favorite of mine back in the day.

I have Brandon Moss and Matt Adams at first, plus Carlos Santana, with Evan Gattis as a backup C. My OF is Choo, Marte, Bourne, Bautista, and Aoki, with Gattis also OF eligible.

Think I'll probably take a chance that someone else grabs Sizemore, while I continue watching what he and Tex do for the next few days. Certainly seems like a long shot that Grady returns to what he was a few years ago, but that would really be a boon for whoever does take a chance on him. Of course, the same is also true for Tex. LOL

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have Brandon Moss and Matt Adams at first, plus Carlos Santana, with Evan Gattis as a backup C. My OF is Choo, Marte, Bourne, Bautista, and Aoki, with Gattis also OF eligible.

Think I'll probably take a chance that someone else grabs Sizemore, while I continue watching what he and Tex do for the next few days. Certainly seems like a long shot that Grady returns to what he was a few years ago, but that would really be a boon for whoever does take a chance on him. Of course, the same is also true for Tex. LOL

I don't love your first basemen, so I would not do that.

Playing Santana at 1B and Gattis at C is NOT a winning play.

Right now, Santana is an elite catcher (maybe even #1 this year) but he is not even a top 10 1B. You would go from having an elite C and a below average 1B to having a below average C and a below average 1B if you made that move.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't love your first basemen, so I would not do that.

Playing Santana at 1B and Gattis at C is NOT a winning play.

Right now, Santana is an elite catcher (maybe even #1 this year) but he is not even a top 10 1B. You would go from having an elite C and a below average 1B to having a below average C and a below average 1B if you made that move.

Yeah, that is certainly not something I wish for. LOL Rather, my post that you quoted was merely answering a question about my current 1B and OF options.

Definitely agree with you, though, about not loving Moss and Adams as my top 1Bmen. I'm hoping, however, that a stronger attraction develops over the coming months. LOL

I'm still leaning toward taking the chance that someone else scoops Grady up and rolling the Dice with Tex, but I'm also keeping an eye out for Grady perhaps getting back to what he was, since he was pretty special and he's showed some positive signs this spring.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that is certainly not something I wish for. LOL Rather, my post that you quoted was merely answering a question about my current 1B and OF options.

Definitely agree with you, though, about not loving Moss and Adams as my top 1Bmen. I'm hoping, however, that a stronger attraction develops over the coming months. LOL

I'm still leaning toward taking the chance that someone else scoops Grady up and rolling the Dice with Tex, but I'm also keeping an eye out for Grady perhaps getting back to what he was, since he was pretty special and he's showed some positive signs this spring.

I hear you. Tex could be your best 1B.

As for Grady, I am rooting for him, but I just don't know how likely it is that he

A. gets enough ABs to be fantasy relevant
B. stays healthy

Anyhow, good luck!

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is another "how crazy is it to even consider" question: What do you think about picking up Jordan Lyles to start against Robbie Erlin in SD on Monday, with the intent of then dropping Lyles and adding Juan Nicaso to start against the Padres and Eric Stults on Tuesday?

CO has been mashing, SD has not, and I always find it tempting to start pitchers in SD, particularly in night games. At the same time, neither Lyles nor Nicaso has the track record that exactly screams "start me!".

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is another "how crazy is it to even consider" question: What do you think about picking up Jordan Lyles to start against Robbie Erlin in SD on Monday, with the intent of then dropping Lyles and adding Juan Nicaso to start against the Padres and Eric Stults on Tuesday?

CO has been mashing, SD has not, and I always find it tempting to start pitchers in SD, particularly in night games. At the same time, neither Lyles nor Nicaso has the track record that exactly screams "start me!".

No better options? Nicasio and Lyles are bottom of the barrel type guys. Pitching in San Diego is nice, but it isn't everything. Besides, the Rox O tends not to hit that much on the road.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No better options? Nicasio and Lyles are bottom of the barrel type guys. Pitching in San Diego is nice, but it isn't everything. Besides, the Rox O tends not to hit that much on the road.

You make some convincing points. The Padres roughing up Scherzer today is further evidence that I'm probably better off trying something else.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Any thought or interest in dropping Bourn for Sizemore? That would be the move I would make at the moment.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any thought or interest in dropping Bourn for Sizemore? That would be the move I would make at the moment.

I actually ended up dropping Tex and adding Sizemore before the season began. Last week, when Pagan got so hot and Sizemore got some days off, I dropped Grady and added Angel. Now that Bourn is coming off the DL and Grady has hit when he is in the lineup, I am thinking about doing just what you suggest.