• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How About Calipari?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if there's any truth to this?

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on...hat-john-calipari-will-be-coaching-the-lakers

Interesting. While I have defended D'Antoni, if he's to be fired, I can't say that I'd hate giving Calipari a shot. The guy can clearly coach. He's gotten 2 classes of freshmen to the finals in 3 years.

Question would be whether or not his coaching translates to the NBA. Pitino's sure didn't.

Last edited by a moderator:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mitch has already said it's untrue.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He said no "specific" names have been mentioned.

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
some of these college wonders just don't add up in pro game. anything is an upgrade over dantoni in my opinion. is notorious for run and gun and playing no defense. the big factor is if you keep dantoni your going to keep recruiting his "system" sort of players. ryan Kelly type bigs that can run the floor and stretch the defense with perimeter shots... then what happens in 2 years or so if and when dantoni is finally canned? a boatload of players under contract who may not fit into the next guys system.

ultimately id like to see a name with nba experience.,..brian shaw, jeff van gundy, thought lionel hollins got a bum rap from memphis

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
some of these college wonders just don't add up in pro game. anything is an upgrade over dantoni in my opinion. is notorious for run and gun and playing no defense. the big factor is if you keep dantoni your going to keep recruiting his "system" sort of players. ryan Kelly type bigs that can run the floor and stretch the defense with perimeter shots... then what happens in 2 years or so if and when dantoni is finally canned? a boatload of players under contract who may not fit into the next guys system.

ultimately id like to see a name with nba experience.,..brian shaw, jeff van gundy, thought lionel hollins got a bum rap from memphis

Hollins is interesting and I agree that he got a bum rap in Memphis. Never understood that firing. I'd have no issue with JVG, but I think he's happy in the booth.

Here's an interesting rumor I heard the other day. Apparently, if Steve Kerr doesn't take the Knicks job, Derek Fisher is supposedly #2 on the list. What if the Lakers went after Kerr or D-Fish?

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shoot, just hire D- Fish, Kobe, and Nash as your next coaching staff. That would be Kobe's best shot at a ring.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shoot, just hire D- Fish, Kobe, and Nash as your next coaching staff. That would be Kobe's best shot at a ring.

Make them player/coaches. We might need D-Fish for a timely flop or 3 pointer and Nash could step in if any point guards get hurt.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hollins is interesting and I agree that he got a bum rap in Memphis. Never understood that firing. I'd have no issue with JVG, but I think he's happy in the booth.

Here's an interesting rumor I heard the other day. Apparently, if Steve Kerr doesn't take the Knicks job, Derek Fisher is supposedly #2 on the list. What if the Lakers went after Kerr or D-Fish?

I'd say that rumor is Knicks centric only, specifically because Phil would be wanting people familiar with the triangle.

As for Cal, I don't really have an opinion one way or the other. If you're searching for college coaches though, I'd rather toss money at Kevin Ollie. At least he's got more NBA experience.