• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Houston Texans @ Los Angeles Rams - Preseason Game 3

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ejuan Price had a great 2-point play sack to keep the Texans from winning the game. We have some very good and nice young talent.

Last edited:

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mannion is not very good. The Rams need a better backup.
I believe Sean will do fine with the starters. Missing TGIII, Sullivan, Havenstein, Whitworth and the WR corp starters are a huge difference, especially when the game plan is not so vanilla.

Not the best of situations to have a team of back-ups going against other teams starters, so for now with me, he gets a pass. No pun intended.

I do like Allen, just a little short. Also, he had some better balance with Kelly than Sean has had with Brown. That and I think McVay opened the play book a bit for him too the last two games so the results are a bit skewed.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice solid win by some of the starters and the seconds and thirds. Mannion still looks like he is struggling. Throws a pick that led to a Houston TD. Geez, this dude is simply disintegrating right before our eyes. Kelly had another solid game and probably will make several other RBs expendable. Not too bad. Maybe we will see some more of the starters in the last preseason game, maybe.
I like the safety over rust gamble Retro, not sure how you feel because you didn't state your thoughts on it. It's just something that has been talked about a lot here on local radio. Some say it's smart, others warn the Rams could start out of the gates slow the first few weeks. Still others say they will hold their opinion until they see the results and if it works out, we've even heard on the Houston game broadcast that McVay could be starting a new trend in the NFL as the boy wonder genius.

Should it turn out to be a non factor and the Rams start out the season strong, I hope it's a trend that only the Rams follow. Mainly because one factor that has not discussed, is the amount of playing time the back ups are getting vs other teams starters. This is valuable when the next man up happens, and you know it will, because this is the NFL.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, the playing time increase for the seconds and thirds is a concept that John McVay, Sean's gradfather always preached and is very incremental in creating a solid team from top to bottom. Players with playing time experience step-in when an opening occurs and they usually don't miss a beat under Sean McVay's system. Case in point: Corey Littleton.

Bill Walsh was a master at devloping underling players oft times with using the preseason and when George Siefort took over under John McVay, the Whiners had a system in place to continue that success with a farm system mentality that developed their entire roster.

Mannion looks like an anomalie but Sean is implementing that system here with the Rams and it will pay dividends.

Last edited:

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe Sean will do fine with the starters. Missing TGIII, Sullivan, Havenstein, Whitworth and the WR corp starters are a huge difference, especially when the game plan is not so vanilla.

Not the best of situations to have a team of back-ups going against other teams starters, so for now with me, he gets a pass. No pun intended.

I do like Allen, just a little short. Also, he had some better balance with Kelly than Sean has had with Brown. That and I think McVay opened the play book a bit for him too the last two games so the results are a bit skewed.
He settled down and played better after the pick where he threw into double coverage.