• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Houston downgraded IMO

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
What do you guys think if Houston's hiring of Bill O'Brien? I think Kubiak was a better coach than O'Brien.

I'll say the exact same thing I said when when the Bucs hired Greg Schiano; his resume doesn't exactly scream next great NFL head coach. And I think Kubiak got a bum rap. Great QBs can make a coach look really good, and bad QBs can make a coach look really bad. Kubiak got a lot out of a really crappy QB in Schaub.

I think the Texans would be morons to pass on Clowney for a QB this offseason. I say either take a guy who might be a HOF pass rusher or do what the Rams did & get a gluttony of picks for the #1. But I suspect they'll take Bridgewater, and they'll suffer in mediocrity 'til the Texans fire the guy.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't disagree with much of what you said..........

Obrien is another Belicheat disciple..... all others before him have failed. we'll see how he does.

Kubiak had been there forever tho it may be time for a change....

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like both O'Brien and Bridgewater.

BO'B was a legit HC candidate and he went to PSU at the worst time that you could have imagined and has gone 10-6 in the B1G. It's tough to know how someone will be as an NFL HC, even if they were great coordinators. But I like him and seems to have a way to block out the outside noise and get the most out his players.

And I just like how smart Bridgewater plays. He always seems to know what's going on everywhere on the field.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you guys think if Houston's hiring of Bill O'Brien? I think Kubiak was a better coach than O'Brien.

I'll say the exact same thing I said when when the Bucs hired Greg Schiano; his resume doesn't exactly scream next great NFL head coach. And I think Kubiak got a bum rap. Great QBs can make a coach look really good, and bad QBs can make a coach look really bad. Kubiak got a lot out of a really crappy QB in Schaub.

I think the Texans would be morons to pass on Clowney for a QB this offseason. I say either take a guy who might be a HOF pass rusher or do what the Rams did & get a gluttony of picks for the #1. But I suspect they'll take Bridgewater, and they'll suffer in mediocrity 'til the Texans fire the guy.

Right now, I see them taking Bridgewater. I'm not sure it's the "right pick" and I don't think that Schaub is done as a QB, but this is how the NFL works. If you don't have a QB, then you can't win, and whether Bridgewater is the answer or not, they're most likely gonna try and make him the answer.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure O'brien is a lot happier going into Texas than taking over the Browns. He will have a chance to prove he belongs and whether or not he was a worse choice because they aren't that many pieces shy of a decent team.

I feel for the poor dumb son of a bitch that ends up in that Browns job. Guaranteed career killer that one.