• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

House cleaned

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their predictable offensive sh*ttiness this season combined with our lack of draft picks did in Pace too. Hmph. I didn't think it would...but it did. Nagy just buried that dude. Wouldn't be surprised if he goes elsewhere and finds success. But...I'm ready for something new so no real complaints.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, I think you were trying to show the video of the play I described, but mine shows as "video unavailable". Just my luck, but thanks for finding it. Was it like I described?
You have to go to Youtube to view it.

One more thought... i know you expressed the McCaskeys selling the team. I love you, man. Fans need to just get past this. I dont like the way the McCaskeys approach the competition side of things either, but the 11 grandchildren of George Halas - founder of the NFL itself - will never sell. Ever.

Maybe we can hope for a "Rocky Wirtz" type family member who eventually takes over.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to go to Youtube to view it.

One more thought... i know you expressed the McCaskeys selling the team. Fans need to just get past this. I dont like the way the McCaskeys approach the competition side of things either, but the 11 grandchildren of George Halas - founder of the NFL itself - will never sell. Ever.
Thanks for the YouTube advice, I did click and watch it there. Damn, just as I remembered, what a freaking great play! Even Madden was blown away by it.

As for wishing the McCaskeys would sell, that's really more of a pipe dream, not based at all on any realistic expectations. Besides, as I stated, they're set to make multi-multi millions in the development of the Arlington property. Unless someone makes them an insane offer, I can't see any reason for them to sell now that they are about to enter the billionaire stratosphere.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fraziers name was brought up
I am hoping they go ex-Bear.
Frazier, Harbaugh, maybe Rivera gets the ax in DC. As for GM, i dont want an up-and-comer... tried that and failed. I want a guy with experience.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dave Toub is my hope. But the bears made a diversity team part of the hiring team. Now we won't be hiring people for the right reasons. FK these assholes. Were gonna go PC and that dooms us. We need quality football people and race should not be a factor at all.
Perhaps. There are names, diversity names being floated about that would be OK at either spot. However, I do agree, a diversity hire, just for the sake of diversity would be wrong. Qualified candidate is just that a qualified candidate.

Examples: Flores @ HC spot.or Rick Smith @ GM.

Last edited:

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am hoping they go ex-Bear.
Frazier, Harbaugh, maybe Rivera gets the ax in DC. As for GM, i dont want an up-and-comer... tried that and failed. I want a guy with experience.
The problem with Pace was he was behind Mickey Loomis who does nothing but paperwork. If the door opens for Sean Payton, the decision on personnel is made and your GM is nothing but a secretary and making sure the scouts get the information to Payton.

So an up an comer that is behind a REAL GM would be a different type of hire.

Cannot say anything bad about Harbaugh with the record he put up in San Francisco. I think he stayed out of the NFL until Kaperdick got too old, but would not count out Jim wanting to give him workouts.

Jim should have won alot of us when he donated every cent of his bonus money to the staff in the athletic department that had their pay cut due to the pandemic and them working from home. Anyone who put him in the prick column needs to switch that.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This feels an awful lot like 2015. :sigh:

Replace Ernie Acorsi with Bill Polian and it's the exact same thing. :pout:

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps. There are names, diversity names being floated about that would be OK at either spot. However, I do agree, a diversity hire, just for the sake of diversity would be wrong. Qualified candidate is just that a qualified candidate.

Examples: Flores @ HC spot.or Rick Smith @ GM.
100% agree. Hire the right people for the right reasons.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This feels an awful lot like 2015. :sigh:

Replace Ernie Acorsi with Bill Polian and it's the exact same thing. :pout:

Pace wasn't that bad as GM nor were Lovie or Fox as coach. They might find somebody decent. At least not worth worrying about until we see who it is...

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pace wasn't that bad as GM nor were Lovie or Fox as coach. They might find somebody decent. At least not worth worrying about until we see who it is...
What's the definition of insanity again? This is EXACTLY like 2015. George and Ted grasping at fucking straws, or anything else that will help them have some semblance of football knowledge. This time it's Bill Polian (LOFL), in 2015 in was Ernie Acosi. Which is when they hired Pace.

I have no idea what Lovie has to do with anything?:noidea: He was a Jerry Angelo guy. But Fox was shit. 3 straight years of being dead last in the North isn't exactly a ringing endorsement.

As far as Pace goes, the record is what it is. 7 years, no playoff wins, two QBs drafted, woeful 1st round picks, and draft picks traded away like they were bubble gum cards.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's the definition of insanity again? This is EXACTLY like 2015. George and Ted grasping at fucking straws, or anything else that will help them have some semblance of football knowledge. This time it's Bill Polian (LOFL), in 2015 in was Ernie Acosi. Which is when they hired Pace.

I have no idea what Lovie has to do with anything?:noidea: He was a Jerry Angelo guy. But Fox was shit. 3 straight years of being dead last in the North isn't exactly a ringing endorsement.

As far as Pace goes, the record is what it is. 7 years, no playoff wins, two QBs drafted, woeful 1st round picks, and draft picks traded away like they were bubble gum cards.

I was only using Lovie and Fox as examples to say that our franchise does find some good seeds despite being meh for the most a couple decades now. I would argue that our recent futility is more of a result of the Packers having back to back HOF QB's than anything done by our management. Sh*t...I'm old enough to remember Wannstedt and Jauron quite clearly. We've missed more than hit...but every plan/coach/GM should be given a chance before we throw in the towel.

Pace's path had merit. Had our coach and QB been up to snuff, we would have made and would probably still be making a good playoff run. When Trubisky/Nagy busted, it was over...and Pace's job went with it. Part of me wonders what would have happened had we just continued with Fox. I'm willing to bet dollars to donuts that 2018 team still would have kicked all kinds of ass with Fangio still as DC and the Mack trade. Would a Fox-led 2019 to current team would have performed worse? I'm doubtful that argument can be made now that we look in retrospect. Maybe things wouldn't be better...but most definitely not worse. Nagy did so much stupid sh*t offensively it's hard to really quantify how much opportunity cost was left on the table.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was only using Lovie and Fox as examples to say that our franchise does find some good seeds despite being meh for the most a couple decades now. I would argue that our recent futility is more of a result of the Packers having back to back HOF QB's than anything done by our management. Sh*t...I'm old enough to remember Wannstedt and Jauron quite clearly. We've missed more than hit...but every plan/coach/GM should be given a chance before we throw in the towel.

Pace's path had merit. Had our coach and QB been up to snuff, we would have made and would probably still be making a good playoff run. When Trubisky/Nagy busted, it was over...and Pace's job went with it. Part of me wonders what would have happened had we just continued with Fox. I'm willing to bet dollars to donuts that 2018 team still would have kicked all kinds of ass with Fangio still as DC and the Mack trade. Would a Fox-led 2019 to current team would have performed worse? I'm doubtful that argument can be made now that we look in retrospect. Maybe things wouldn't be better...but most definitely not worse. Nagy did so much stupid sh*t offensively it's hard to really quantify how much opportunity cost was left on the table.
I liked Pace's last two drafts for sure. However, I'm old enough to remember Abe Gibron as the Bears HC. The one positions the Bears have consistently struggled with since the time I was born, under President Kennedy was/is QB. Hopefully, whomever comes in can coach Fields into being a Franchise type QB. Doesn't have to be HoF material, I'd settle for Franchise Type.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked Pace's last two drafts for sure. However, I'm old enough to remember Abe Gibron as the Bears HC. The one positions the Bears have consistently struggled with since the time I was born, under President Kennedy was/is QB. Hopefully, whomever comes in can coach Fields into being a Franchise type QB. Doesn't have to be HoF material, I'd settle for Franchise Type.

I too remember the Abe Gibron era....

Bobby Douglasa/ Gary Huff era,turning into Bob Avellini leading the Bears,coached by Parder and Payton being a rookie.....
Vince Evans even gave it the ol'college try but not franchise worthy.....

And still we have never had a qb other than McMahon that Ive ever liked......Loved JimmyMac.

But even with him,we have never had a legit 100% qb that is franchise.....thats 50+ yrs of absolute trash.....

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

According to the MSN story link, Ted Phillips appears to have the same title. However, once the new GM is hired, "the new GM will report directly to [McCaskey]. Not Ted Phillips. And once the new GM is hired, he will have full control over all football ops."

So other than the being involved in the new hiring process itself, it appears Ted will no longer make football decisions.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Were they fired at the same time? It seemed like based on when the news hit that Pace was fired a day later after Nagy? If true, did they keep Pace around another day just so Pace could do the dirty work of telling Nagy he was fired?

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I too remember the Abe Gibron era....

Bobby Douglasa/ Gary Huff era,turning into Bob Avellini leading the Bears,coached by Parder and Payton being a rookie.....
Vince Evans even gave it the ol'college try but not franchise worthy.....

And still we have never had a qb other than McMahon that Ive ever liked......Loved JimmyMac.

But even with him,we have never had a legit 100% qb that is franchise.....thats 50+ yrs of absolute trash.....
No Mike Phipps mention in there?