• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hossa hearing this afternoon

beantownmaniac

I thought growing old would take longer
Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just trying out my new embed skills:

Hossa on Hamhuis:

Ovechkin on Campbell:

The ONE difference is that the puck was still there when Hossa hit Hamhuis. Is that enough to be the difference between suspension and no suspension?

I think the Ov play is a little dirtier. He deserved a suspension. maybe Hossa should've been fined?

Last edited by a moderator:

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sure would like to see the Preds comeback and win this series, although if that doesn't happen, it does set up Chicago - Vancouver part deux. That series will be the shizznit.

DChero

Out of Work Superhero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The league did look the other way in last year's Cup Finals in favor of Evgeni Malkin, who should have had a suspension for instigating. That's certainly wasn't as severe as this, but it's a business and the stars are the top sellers.

OUVan59

There was one?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I am not surprised that Hossa wasn't suspended and for what it's worth I don't think he should have been. I think to be suspended in the playoffs you have to show clear intent. What I have a problem with is the fact that the refs in the game didn't give him a game misconduct. That seemed like a no-brainer at the time.

DChero

Out of Work Superhero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could definitely see a game misconduct out of that. This does bring up a bigger issue in whether regular season rules do realistically apply in the post. They are similar hits, but the timing seems like the only major variable.

OUVan59

There was one?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I could definitely see a game misconduct out of that. This does bring up a bigger issue in whether regular season rules do realistically apply in the post. They are similar hits, but the timing seems like the only major variable.

Not sure what the exchange date in regular season vs playoff game suspensions should be but a two game regular season suspension doesn't equal a two game playoff suspension. I would think it would be more along the lines of 5 to 1 or more. I also think the only things that should matter are a) intent and b) habitual offender.