• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hossa hearing this afternoon

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
"The league will handle it. I trust the league's judgment. They've been fair all the time," Trotz told the media after the game.

what a suck-up.

quoipourquoi

Did Not Fuck Leesha/Sarah
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Throw the book at him!

Literally though, not figuratively. The game will be more interesting with him in it, but I want to see him get hit with a hardcover copy of the NHL rules.

beantownmaniac

I thought growing old would take longer
Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like he got off. Too bad. I thought is was a pretty dirty play

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a joke of a statement from Colinblow (especially the bolded part):

"I have made the decision that this play does not warrant supplemental discipline after considering all of the facts, including reviewing the video and speaking with Mr. Hossa. This play is distinguishable from recent incidents by a number of factors, including the degree of contact involved; the fact that the consequences of the play do not appear to be as severe; that this was a hockey play involving a race for the puck; that Mr. Hossa is not a repeat offender and that the call of a major penalty by the Referee was significant and appropriate."

So, it's now a hockey play to shove a player from behind 3 feet away from the boards causing him to lose his balance and potentially suffer a career-ending injury? That's really the bottom line, isn't it Colin, because Hamhuis wasn't badly injured, Hossa gets a free pass. Ridiculous.

Eddie_Shack

likes oatmeal lumpy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a load of bullshit. If there was ANY difference between this and the OV hit, he might not have pushed Hamhuis quite as hard as OV pushed Campbell. In real time, they look IDENTICAL! Colin, if you had your head any farther up your own ass, it would be re-entering your ass, causing a rip in the space-time continuum and of course your sphincter.

Larry N

Flyers fan for life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Well, it's not like Collie can actually admit to the existence of the Wheel o' Discipline. What a complete farce. How does the fact that the consequences appear to not be as severe equate to anything? So, by that logic, Hamhuis would have had to break something for Hossa to get a game?

Jebus, I love this sport, but I sure as heck hate the people currently running it.

Hckygoalie31

Swiss Cheese
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
They showed both hits side by side on NHL on the Fly this morning and they were literally EXACT. Hossa should have been suspended. Some arguments are that OV is a repeat offender. Didn't Hossa get suspended before too...and is therefore a repeat offender as well?

Again, it never makes any sense.

loki604

Don't Blame the Refs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm sorry, but how is anyone surprised? Not saying I agree with it, but the playoffs are an entirely different animal. Getting suspended for a playoff game is pretty much equal to a 10-15 game regular season suspension. If OV's hit happened in the playoffs, he would have gotten off too. No way they suspend a star for a playoff game (Only the NHL's most wanted get suspended then - the Avery's, Cooke's Ruutu's)

Hckygoalie31

Swiss Cheese
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm sorry, but how is anyone surprised? Not saying I agree with it, but the playoffs are an entirely different animal. Getting suspended for a playoff game is pretty much equal to a 10-15 game regular season suspension. If OV's hit happened in the playoffs, he would have gotten off too. No way they suspend a star for a playoff game (Only the NHL's most wanted get suspended then - the Avery's, Cooke's Ruutu's)

Let's just say we can never be surprised again by anything Colin Campbell does or says.

Slimpikins

Well, fuck it
Hoopla Cash
$ 330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a load of bullshit. If there was ANY difference between this and the OV hit, he might not have pushed Hamhuis quite as hard as OV pushed Campbell. In real time, they look IDENTICAL! Colin, if you had your head any farther up your own ass, it would be re-entering your ass, causing a rip in the space-time continuum and of course your sphincter.

Hahaha, nice.

Rossinole

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not surprised at the outcome. I wanted to see a suspension but I knew it wouldn't happen because what is at stake. The "This was a hockey play involving a race for the puck" line is a ridiculous excuse. I mean, what the hell were Ovie and Campbell doing then?

I guess guys who used to take punches to the head for a living shouldn't be making big decisions later on in life..

KindaChang

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
They showed both hits side by side on NHL on the Fly this morning and they were literally EXACT. Hossa should have been suspended. Some arguments are that OV is a repeat offender. Didn't Hossa get suspended before too...and is therefore a repeat offender as well?

Again, it never makes any sense.

But if they never suspend him, he can't be a repeat offender!

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What if Hossa had pushed Crosby into the boards?

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
chickenshit call by Campbell.

But not unexpected. Giving him a suspension would open up the door to admitting that Hossa should have gotten a game misconduct for the incident.

loki604

Don't Blame the Refs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
What if Hossa had pushed Crosby into the boards?

Still wouldn't have been a suspension if he wasn't injured. Unfortunately, the effect of the play is taken into heavy consideration by the powers that be.

The Q stache

Cabbie Slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Hossa deserved a suspension but I cant say im sad he didnt get one.

loki604

Don't Blame the Refs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I thought Hossa deserved a suspension but I cant say im sad he didnt get one.

Honestly, I almost don't mind that they are inconsistent between the regular season and playoffs (especially when there's no malicious intent). They are very different and one should be more heavily weighted than the other. That being said, I don't like the inconsistency of these things in general, but a big gun missing a playoff game can cost a team its season. That would be a very rare occasion in the regular season.

Larry N

Flyers fan for life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The fact that it's the playoffs shouldn't make one bit of difference. If the league meted out discipline in a consistent fashion and Hossa were to be suspended, it wouldn't be the league's fault that the Hawks were without a player for a crucial playoff game. It would be Hossa's.

Dacks

Militant Pacifist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just trying out my new embed skills:

Hossa on Hamhuis:

Ovechkin on Campbell:

The ONE difference is that the puck was still there when Hossa hit Hamhuis. Is that enough to be the difference between suspension and no suspension?

Last edited by a moderator: