• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hope for Jerry?

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This may be the first time since Parcells was coaching the Cowboys that I have a little hope that Jerry could turn things around. IMO, retaining Garrett was the right call, letting go of Austin, Ware, Hatcher and Spencer, and (so far) not giving in to Allen and Melton on big deals. He's had good drafts the last few years, even with a lot of people not liking the Escobar pick, if you came away with kids like Fredrick and Williams every year, you'd be just fine. Jerry's a smart guy with a deservedly huge ego. Maybe he's starting to set it to the side
:hope:

germanjohn

Splendiferous Puddin' Pop
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This may be the first time since Parcells was coaching the Cowboys that I have a little hope that Jerry could turn things around. IMO, retaining Garrett was the right call, letting go of Austin, Ware, Hatcher and Spencer, and (so far) not giving in to Allen and Melton on big deals. He's had good drafts the last few years, even with a lot of people not liking the Escobar pick, if you came away with kids like Fredrick and Williams every year, you'd be just fine. Jerry's a smart guy with a deservedly huge ego. Maybe he's starting to set it to the side

Amen brother.

Although I gotta say, I'm not too hopeful for this upcoming year unless they do some serious work in the draft. I have no problem with this being a rebuilding year if that's what it's gonna take. What I DO hate is being cockteased every year by the thought of doing better than just the bare minimum to have a shot to get into the playoffs.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A week before the draft I'll be changing my avy in hopes that there is a butterfly effect in the universe and it helps Jerry on draft weekend.

198298.jpg

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A week before the draft I'll be changing my avy in hopes that there is a butterfly effect in the universe and it helps Jerry on draft weekend.

198298.jpg

Man, I wouldn't mind just cloning those two and bringing them back to big D

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, I wouldn't mind just cloning those two and bringing them back to big D

The worst dreams I have is when Jerry hires Jimmy to come back to Dallas as the GM...and then I wake up and realize it wasn't real :bawling:

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The worst dreams I have is when Jerry hires Jimmy to come back to Dallas as the GM...and then I wake up and realize it wasn't real :bawling:

It's only speculation that can never be proven as fact, but I believe if Jerry could have swallowed his ego, and kept Jimmy as Coach/GM for a Landry like tenure, the Cowboys might have run out of fingers for their rings....

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not a huge Garrett fan,but I also realize he has not been put in the best position to succeed. I don't know that you fire him if the cowboys miss the playoffs. Any defense that has Heath as a starting safety is gonna suck. This guy will get cut and never be heard from again

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's only speculation that can never be proven as fact, but I believe if Jerry could have swallowed his ego, and kept Jimmy as Coach/GM for a Landry like tenure, the Cowboys might have run out of fingers for their rings....

I wish they would kiss and make up and Jimmy could come back and see if he still has the eye for personnel and making moves to do it again. His cushy TV gig pays too well to deal with that hassle though.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish they would kiss and make up and Jimmy could come back and see if he still has the eye for personnel and making moves to do it again. His cushy TV gig pays too well to deal with that hassle though.

I think Jimmy's time is done as a HC. We obviously messed up by breaking up what worked, but that was a long time ago...

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Jimmy's time is done as a HC. We obviously messed up by breaking up what worked, but that was a long time ago...

oh yeah, the HC ship sailed. But he would be a great GM I think. At least couldn't be worse than at least one in the NFL :whistle:

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no hope for Jerry. My hope is that the coaches, scouts, and players can overcome him.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I believe you are wrong. With the introduction to the salary cap, there is no way the Cowboys would have won more than 10 rings (which is what you are suggesting). I can understand Cowboy fans like to play the would've, could've, should've game if Jimmy stayed longer, but let's not go overboard. I think we win four at the most. The Packers team that won the SB had the #1 offense and defense. And those Bronco SB teams were built just like Jimmy's Cowboys.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe you are wrong. With the introduction to the salary cap, there is no way the Cowboys would have won more than 10 rings (which is what you are suggesting). I can understand Cowboy fans like to play the would've, could've, should've game if Jimmy stayed longer, but let's not go overboard. I think we win four at the most. The Packers team that won the SB had the #1 offense and defense. And those Bronco SB teams were built just like Jimmy's Cowboys.

Well technically you are correct but Johnsons Cowboys would only have need 7 SB wins, 9 if thumbs are included as fingers. I do agree though that with the cap in place we'd still have open digits on our hands.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Technically, since the Cowboys have 5 rings, for the team to have 10 titles, they would have needed 5 more. As crazy as that sounds on the surface, if Jimmy were here as Coach/GM the last 20 years, with all of Jerry's resources behind him, it's not that far fetched

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Technically, since the Cowboys have 5 rings, for the team to have 10 titles, they would have needed 5 more. As crazy as that sounds on the surface, if Jimmy were here as Coach/GM the last 20 years, with all of Jerry's resources behind him, it's not that far fetched

While I do think if Jimmy wasn't pushed out we'd of won 4 straight, but with the salary cap and Free Agency the team was going to fall apart in 1996 anyway. I don't think you'd find anyone not saying we'd have been better over the years but to win those 5 more SB's would be unlikely.

all of Jerry's resources mean squat when the league limits his spending.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no hope for Jerry. My hope is that the coaches, scouts, and players can overcome him.

The Melton contract had some creativity to it.
JJ is listening to his consultant(s).

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bro think of it this way, the girlfriend catches her boyfriend cheating, she gives him another chance, he acts right for a little, but it's always in him to cheat so he will always be a cheater and will go back to cheating. Same goes for Jerry, he will always be Jerry especially at this age, there is no changing Jerry, he will do this just to appease fans and then in a year or two or few he will do Jerry, recall the Parcells hire, was the same thing, we were like wow Jerry is finally going back to giving someone control, well we know the end result, Jerry turned back into Jerry slowly first with the TO signing, then with the departure of BP. This is no different he will do this for a little because he knows it's the right thing to do, but because it's in his nature to fuck shit up, he will fuck it up sooner than later.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bro think of it this way, the girlfriend catches her boyfriend cheating, she gives him another chance, he acts right for a little, but it's always in him to cheat so he will always be a cheater and will go back to cheating. Same goes for Jerry, he will always be Jerry especially at this age, there is no changing Jerry, he will do this just to appease fans and then in a year or two or few he will do Jerry, recall the Parcells hire, was the same thing, we were like wow Jerry is finally going back to giving someone control, well we know the end result, Jerry turned back into Jerry slowly first with the TO signing, then with the departure of BP. This is no different he will do this for a little because he knows it's the right thing to do, but because it's in his nature to fuck shit up, he will fuck it up sooner than later.

I think this is probably going to be proven 100% correct. Jerry is just too impulsive, too impatient and too panic drive to change. On the surface it seems like if he can have a smart offseason or two it's at least better than being "Jerry" every year. But in a cap world, Jerry can wipe out 24 months of smart managing in one moment of weakness. Luckily, it doesn't mean we CAN'T win with Jerry, it's just going to be a little harder...

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nets, this may be your best post ever lol