• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hoop Week 5 Top 25 Discussion Thread

The Crimson King

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, based on the strength of Johnny Hollywood. I'm still thinking on some things, such as who has a team played, who has a team beat,etc.

who has a&m beat? They just squeaked by a horrible Arkansas team

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, based on the strength of Johnny Hollywood. I'm still thinking on some things, such as who has a team played, who has a team beat,etc.

Then you would be stupid to rank A&M no. 2, like you do.

outlaw okie

Racer X
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maryland barely beat UConn two weeks ago. You know, the same UConn that just got killed by Buffalo and lost to Towson. I'll give the benefit of the doubt to Oklahoma State, who really looked like the better team to me against WVU. I'm a believer in relying on coaches' legacies early in the season (yes, I know some people disagree with this), and I think Gundy has earned the respect more than Edsall.

Realistically, after my top 18 this week (which were clear as day to me), there was a huge dropoff. The difference between 19 and 33 (my FFO plus Georgia Tech, Northern Illinois, and Fresno) is pretty miniscule.

I'd say most of us dropped Okie St too low but I hate the pokes so I can justify it.

didn't you rank LSU above UGA?:wtf2:

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say most of us dropped Okie St too low but I hate the pokes so I can justify it.

didn't you rank LSU above UGA?:wtf2:

When a team wins by three at home, I don't see it as some major validation that they are the better team. I think people overstate head to head results, especially when one considers home-field advantage. Georgia, Clemson, LSU, and SoCar are tough to rank because every game has been a close game won by the home team. I don't think there is a huge gap between any of them. I put Clemson above the others because they are undefeated, and for all we know, they are a team like ND last year who thrives in close games. But really, they all seem pretty even to me.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oklahoma State might've looked like the better team against West Virginia but Maryland was the better team when they play West Virginia.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maryland barely beat UConn two weeks ago. You know, the same UConn that just got killed by Buffalo and lost to Towson. I'll give the benefit of the doubt to Oklahoma State, who really looked like the better team to me against WVU. I'm a believer in relying on coaches' legacies early in the season (yes, I know some people disagree with this), and I think Gundy has earned the respect more than Edsall.

Realistically, after my top 18 this week (which were clear as day to me), there was a huge dropoff. The difference between 19 and 33 (my FFO plus Georgia Tech, Northern Illinois, and Fresno) is pretty miniscule.

Michigan barely beat UConn and Akron. You have Michigan ranked and not Maryland. Maryland beat West Virginia, Oklahoma State lost. You have Oklahoma State ranked and not Maryland?

Also, you ranked a two loss team who doesn't have a good win. Why not rank someone like Fresno who has two wins against decent teams and no losses?

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dropped Oklahoma State from 7 to out, my poll makes quick adjustments

I thought they were good

but that loss to West Virginia is just awful, and the wins over Mississippi State and the two fcs level teams aren't enough to out weigh that

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would not categorize an 11 point road win as "barely beating" anyone.

The last 8 points that UConn scored were in essentially garbage time versus MD 3 stringers coasting on a 19 point lead.

Plus factor in the badblood storyline Edsall playing his old team. UConn wanted that win more than any other win in programs history. They played at 110% effort and then some to beat Edsall.

Other than the "11 point road win squeaker", Maryland has annihilated its opponents including WVU.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, you ranked a two loss team who doesn't have a good win. Why not rank someone like Fresno who has two wins against decent teams and no losses?

If you are referring to Wisconsin, I have said from the moment it happened that I am not recognizing the loss. For my rankings, Wisconsin is 3.8-1.2 (assuming an 80% chance that French makes the kick). And that one loss (by seven in the Shoe) is more impressive than either of Fresno's wins.

As for Michigan, they looked as good as Maryland against UConn and the Notre Dame win is more impressive than the West Virginia win. I don't think either team is very good. As I said before, there is not a huge difference between 19 and 33.

Last edited by a moderator:

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dropped Oklahoma State from 7 to out, my poll makes quick adjustments

I thought they were good

but that loss to West Virginia is just awful, and the wins over Mississippi State and the two fcs level teams aren't enough to out weigh that

I had Oklahoma 15th last week to begin with and thought that was too high. Who have they played or beaten to be ranked as high as they were? I don't see an issue dropping them out or barely in, at the best.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you are referring to Wisconsin, I have said from the moment it happened that I am not recognizing the loss. For my rankings, Wisconsin is 3.8-1.2 (assuming an 80% chance that French makes the kick). And that one loss (by seven in the Shoe) is more impressive than either of Fresno's wins.

As for Michigan, they looked as good as Maryland against UConn and the Notre Dame win is more impressive than the West Virginia win. I don't think either team is very good. As I said before, there is not a huge difference between 19 and 33.

That might be the most childish thing I've seen on this forum. :pound: :tsk:

Last edited by a moderator:

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had Oklahoma 15th last week to begin with and thought that was too high. Who have they played or beaten to be ranked as high as they were? I don't see an issue dropping them out or barely in, at the best.

Oklahoma or Oklahoma state?

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:laugh3::laugh3::laugh3: