• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Homecoming for Hamilton and the BoSox are in town

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Detroit offense is gonna need to show up cause their pitcher is throwing BP.

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I appreciate what the Rangers are trying to do, but no, Chi Chi did not "flirt with a no-no," as their webpage is stating.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Angels offense giving weaver a 7-1 lead.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My GF recorded the RR game for me. Gallo hit a 3 run bomb that cleared the seats and the decking, and hit the trees in RF. Singled in his first AB. I can't wait for this kid to come up and drive in tons of runs.

BTW he started in LF

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My GF recorded the RR game for me. Gallo hit a 3 run bomb that cleared the seats in RF in his 2nd AB. Singled in his first AB. I can't wait for this kid to come up and drive in tons of runs.

Kid looks pretty damn close to can't miss. Just want to bring him up at the right time. Question is, when? With Fielder embracing the dh role, and Moreland maybe putting it altogether, it nixes the notion of moving Beltre to dh and Gallo to third. There always remains the possibility of putting him in COF, but where? Of course, it remains to be seen what will happen with Hamilton, but the OF is pretty crowded right now with Hamilton, DDJ, Martin, and Choo. Add Rua to that list soon too, though I think there's a real possibility of him playing 2b. Somebody is going to have to be moved, and none of that will be easy.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kid looks pretty damn close to can't miss. Just want to bring him up at the right time. Question is, when? With Fielder embracing the dh role, and Moreland maybe putting it altogether, it nixes the notion of moving Beltre to dh and Gallo to third. There always remains the possibility of putting him in COF, but where? Of course, it remains to be seen what will happen with Hamilton, but the OF is pretty crowded right now with Hamilton, DDJ, Martin, and Choo. Add Rua to that list soon too, though I think there's a real possibility of him playing 2b. Somebody is going to have to be moved, and none of that will be easy.

I'm assuming it will be Beltre or Choo. It all depends if we're still at .500 or above in a few months. I've waited this long for him to come up. I can wait a little longer. He's been my favorite minor leaguer since the year he got a few AB's in ST and I saw his light tower power. I bet Rev and other's remember having to calm me down about wanting to call him up quicker.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm assuming it will be Beltre or Choo. It all depends if we're still at .500 or above in a few months. I've waited this long for him to come up. I can wait a little longer. He's been my favorite minor leaguer since the year he got a few AB's in ST and I saw his light tower power. I bet Rev and other's remember having to calm me down about wanting to call him up quicker.

Lol. I've been calming people down about him and Alfaro for a couple years. I still don't think he comes up till September. I was thinking more like 2016, which is when I see Beltre or Choo being more likely to be moved. Thing is, if we're actually contenders this year, and Choo and Beltre are producing enough to make them tradeable, do you go ahead and trade them, and mess with the chemistry? I don't think the FO would.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Got a crowd growing at MIF too. Crowded usually works out. One way or another.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got a crowd growing at MIF too. Crowded usually works out. One way or another.

You can never have too much depth. If Profar ever gets healthy, things may get really interesting.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only places there really isn't a big crowd is CF and C. Everywhere else the depth chart is SRO.

I'm beginning to think DDJ is a pretty damn good player. I'd rather have Martin in the field, but I'd rather have DDJ leading off. Hopefully, Alfaro will solve our catching dilemma. As much shit as I've given Chirinos, he's actually been much better this month. His OPS suggests he's been pretty solid for a catcher, and he's had some big hits.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm beginning to think DDJ is a pretty damn good player. I'd rather have Martin in the field, but I'd rather have DDJ leading off. Hopefully, Alfaro will solve our catching dilemma. As much shit as I've given Chirinos, he's actually been much better this month. His OPS suggests he's been pretty solid for a catcher, and he's had some big hits.

Second half may result in saying good bye to Corporan with Tellis moving up to replace him.

Funny thing about Chirinos. Remembering 2 years ago when TEX traded TBR a PTBNL for Chirinos. Wondered ... what the heck is that all about? Working out bit above league average it appears. And not having a decade of minor league catching on his knees means he's younger. Hard to believe he was originally signed to play MIF. Shows up in his arm.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Second half may result in saying good bye to Corporan with Tellis moving up to replace him.

Funny thing about Chirinos. Remembering 2 years ago when TEX traded TBR a PTBNL for Chirinos. Wondered ... what the heck is that all about? Working out bit above league average it appears. And not having a decade of minor league catching on his knees means he's younger. Hard to believe he was originally signed to play MIF. Shows up in his arm.

You know, I really haven't paid much attention to Telis, but why not? He's playing well at Round Rock, and maybe we see a tandem on Alfaro/Telis going forward with Alfaro getting about 100 games.

I think we may see Corpy DFA'd with Telis getting the call at some point this season. I think Alfaro will be here in September.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Btw, did you guys know this was our first shut out of the season? I've been very pleased with what our rag tag pitching staff held together with saliva and duct tape has accomplished, but I don't expect it to be sustainable. Hopefully, we get some quality help back going forward. I hope Harry's velocity comes back. It's his only chance of resembling his former self at the major league level.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boy these Angels announcers are some damn homers.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting on how the Rangers have fared with 1st round draft picks and last night for Gonzalez.

Grant: Gonzalez gives Rangers hope after team has struck out with multiple first-round pitching busts | Dallas Morning News

And you guys are gonna love this:

Do you see the Rangers making a run at Grant Balfour?

Grant: This team can use bullpen help. I do not rule out any veteran bullpen options at this point. Now that Balfour has opted out of his deal with the Rays, I'd say its certainly a possibility, though this team hasn't ever pursued Balfour with any aggressiveness in the past.

From Banister on Feliz:

On how Neftali Feliz is dealing with not being the closer:

"Obviously, he wants to be that guy. There are some things that we've asked Neftali to be able to do, that he needs to get back to. We still believe he's a winning player for us. He's got to be able to come out and give us a sense of urgency. We'd like to see from pitch one the explosive fastball so that the slider can play. The club needs to see that energy from you that they feel comfortable with that there's a positive vibe when you come through that gate and you walk on to that field. And Neftali knows that. We've had that discussion and have talked about it. He wants to get back to that type of guy. We just need to figure out how to help him to do that and put the pieces back together for him."

Last edited: