• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Holy Moly! Give it a REST!!!

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Who are those ten, and how many of them are actually available to us.

Or rather, who that is available via Draft or free agency would you take over him??

And for fuck sake please dont say Tyrod Taylor.

Oh none of them

Tyrods getting way too much hate around here but I don't think I'd put him above kirk.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh none of them

Tyrods getting way too much hate around here but I don't think I'd put him above kirk.

Tyrod is RG3 lite. Not quite the narcissistic, not quite as accurate with wide open WRs and not quite as injury prone. And not quite as stupid enough to get another chicks name tattoo'd on his arm while he is still married.

So yea.. not really a fan.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cmon guys, this is bull shit. The vast majority of us, while we may disagree with your thinking, only want to understand your rationale. Honestly, ehb5, on this topic you say you think we should re sign KC, but then question if he is worth it. You guys are no more persecuted for your views that those that think KC is our best option get pegged with the "he's elite" handle. All l and many others have asked those that don't think KC is worth re-signing is what is plan B. I have yet to see one intelligent response to that question yet. Who do you bring in that can be as effective next year in this system that will be significantly cheaper? seriously, if anyone is of the belief that we don't re sign KC, that is a very legitimate question. And you can't answer it hypothetically because its a real situation. Consequently, because that question hasn't been answered, some on this board believe that there must be ulterior motives for anti KC position. I personally dont think that's the case across the board, but I do for one or two anti KC posters.

It's partially true. There are a lot of great posters on here who I really enjoy. And even shark who I argue with all the time is enjoyable. But there are comments. It's all good though. And you know my thoughts on the whole replacement for KC thing.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tyrod is RG3 lite. Not quite the narcissistic, not quite as accurate with wide open WRs and not quite as injury prone. And not quite as stupid enough to get another chicks name tattoo'd on his arm while he is still married.

So yea.. not really a fan.

Is he narcissistic at all? Serious question - I just don't remember hearing anything bad about him. Also I think tyrod is more accurate than rg3. At least makes better decisions. I mean he's light years better than rg3.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sick of this topic already. As j said those unsure about signing Cousins have yet to provide a vialble Plan B. And no Tyrod Taylor or spending a high pick on a QB, when it is desperately needed elsewhere, in hopes of beating 100 to 1 odds that this guy will be better than Kirk is simply not a viable plan.

And while I'm sure there is a very small group of fans who are still is in the Griffin camp and therefore anit-Kirk none of those people post here. So I'm not sure why Shark feels the need to keep bringing RGIII's name into the discussion.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talent, Ability, Skillset.

Or if you'd like more tangible answers. How bout..... Reg Season Wins, Playoff Wins, Wins Against Teams With Winning Records.

Over the past two years he has better stats and a better record than Luck. :scratch:

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Over the past two years he has better stats and a better record than Luck. :scratch:

And Luck still has more of everything, talent, ability, skillset, reg season wins, playoff wins, and wins against teams with winning records...in spades across the board than Kirk.

Luck also has leadership qualities, something that's been called into question by some concerning Kirk. Considering how lax and nonchalant the Redskins have played in various games over the last 6 weeks. The opinion seems to have some plausibility.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more we delve into this topic, the more I realize..... some Redskins fans have managed to blank their minds to the level of truly shitty QB play we have had in DC for the majority of the last 20+ years. Minus the one fluke year by an injury prone QB, name me the last time we have had even competent QB play for ANY extended period of time.

I will save you the trouble... Brad Johnson back in 1999-2000. And wonder of Wonders, we ran him off for Jeff George, he of the 1st round draft pick fame. Are we seeing a pattern here yet people??

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Luck still has more of everything, talent, ability, skillset, reg season wins, playoff wins, and wins against teams with winning records...in spades across the board than Kirk.

Luck also has leadership qualities, something that's been called into question by some concerning Kirk. Considering how lax and nonchalant the Redskins have played in various games over the last 6 weeks. The opinion seems to have some plausibility.

Some of your measurable are opinion and not fact. There is no way to measure leadership qualities. You can say Luck is a better QB in your opinion but nothing in the past two years supports that. You also didn't factor in the fact that Luck plays in one of the worst divisions in the AFC. Of course the same could be said of the Redskins last year, not this year. Not sure where you are getting your Cousins is not a good leader from because several of his teammates just came out and said he was a leader on the team and that they hope he is still there in the future. Actually they said they didn't expect he was going to be going anywhere.

I support you right to have an opinion, I just don't support it as fact. I am not claiming one is better than the other, I am just stating fact.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more we delve into this topic, the more I realize..... some Redskins fans have managed to blank their minds to the level of truly shitty QB play we have had in DC for the majority of the last 20+ years. Minus the one fluke year by an injury prone QB, name me the last time we have had even competent QB play for ANY extended period of time.

I will save you the trouble... Brad Johnson back in 1999-2000. And wonder of Wonders, we ran him off for Jeff George, he of the 1st round draft pick fame. Are we seeing a pattern here yet people??

We will never truly know how good or functional for that matter some of the guys who worked here during that time would have been if they operated in a half way decently functioning organization. You have to admit that the unbelievable depth of dysfunction had something to do with making an real assessment on these players. Hell, middle of the road Jason Campbell had a different Coach/OC annually. In a functioning system where he gets what everyone here is asking for...for Kirk (improved defense, offensive weapons, stability in a system, running game etc. etc.) who knows?

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of your measurable are opinion and not fact. There is no way to measure leadership qualities. You can say Luck is a better QB in your opinion but nothing in the past two years supports that. You also didn't factor in the fact that Luck plays in one of the worst divisions in the AFC. Of course the same could be said of the Redskins last year, not this year. Not sure where you are getting your Cousins is not a good leader from because several of his teammates just came out and said he was a leader on the team and that they hope he is still there in the future. Actually they said they didn't expect he was going to be going anywhere.

I support you right to have an opinion, I just don't support it as fact. I am not claiming one is better than the other, I am just stating fact.
Actually, the VD interview on CSN confirms the FACT that Cousins didn't seem to own the huddle (hence, display true leadership) until halfway through this season in which Davis noted this seemed to be the turning point for Cousins not only taking leadership of the huddle, but showing true leadership of the team as the QB and Captain. So while all comments about Cousins leadership ability may not be fact, there is validity with some of those opinions. To say there is no way to measure leadership qualities in a QB is merely an opinion in my estimation. Taking leadership of your offensive huddle is certainly measurable as are many other measurable we are not privy to since we are not in the huddle, building or around the players themselves.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True Sty. Remember the old statement that goes something like "if you don't like the weather wait a day, it will change." To me, that is the NFL of the past two decades really. Teams change so drastically. Coaches, GMs, players. As much credit as we give New England there have only been three constants; the owner, the HC and the QB. To this day I believe Joe Gibbs left the NFL because he saw how things were changing. Yeah he came back but I don't think he ever liked it.

This team could stay largely constant next year and it could also be like a very different team.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We didn't run anyone off, Dan Snyder signed Geoff Jorge.

Collectively as a team and a fan base. Yes Snyder lead the charge ( as he tends to do when a bone head maneuver is involved). But the same sorts of debates were springing up asking is Brad good enough to lead a team to and win a Super Bowl. Dan went on the mission to find a QB with a better pedigree, and thats how we ended up with Jeff George. I mean he as a #1 over all pick, so he had to have more talent than a guy picked in the 9th round right??

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, the VD interview on CSN confirms the FACT that Cousins didn't seem to own the huddle (hence, display true leadership) until halfway through this season in which Davis noted this seemed to be the turning point for Cousins not only taking leadership of the huddle, but showing true leadership of the team as the QB and Captain. So while all comments about Cousins leadership ability may not be fact, there is validity with some of those opinions. To say there is no way to measure leadership qualities in a QB is merely an opinion in my estimation. Taking leadership of your offensive huddle is certainly measurable as are many other measurable we are not privy to since we are not in the huddle, building or around the players themselves.

I don't remember the VD interview and most of what I saw was from the press. Of course winning makes things great and losing sends everything the other way. Skins started 0-2 and there was rumor of trouble. They then went 6-1-1 and it all quieted it down. There are 10 guys in the huddle, with 10 different opinions. Trent Williams said Cousins is there guy. Hell, maybe they smoke bowls together.

Early in the year I saw Martrell Spaight in the tunnel firing up the guys like he was the team leader.

Anyhow your statement ended in "we are not privy to." Another words, not measureable.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't remember the VD interview and most of what I saw was from the press. Of course winning makes things great and losing sends everything the other way. Skins started 0-2 and there was rumor of trouble. They then went 6-1-1 and it all quieted it down. There are 10 guys in the huddle, with 10 different opinions. Trent Williams said Cousins is there guy. Hell, maybe they smoke bowls together.

Early in the year I saw Martrell Spaight in the tunnel firing up the guys like he was the team leader.

Anyhow your statement ended in "we are not privy to." Another words, not measureable.

Lol, some funny in there which I appreciate and yes, we are not privy to majority of what goes on with the team which leads us to this form where many speculate.

BeaReylo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will never truly know how good or functional for that matter some of the guys who worked here during that time would have been if they operated in a half way decently functioning organization. You have to admit that the unbelievable depth of dysfunction had something to do with making an real assessment on these players. Hell, middle of the road Jason Campbell had a different Coach/OC annually. In a functioning system where he gets what everyone here is asking for...for Kirk (improved defense, offensive weapons, stability in a system, running game etc. etc.) who knows?

Wow so Jason Campbell still gets a pass despite never proving anything?

And for the last part I don't see any QB having that much success without a running game (though Capt Kirk still put up outstanding numbers without one); organizational stability; or a defense.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get all excited about this leadership thing etc. Especially with people young enough to be playing. I have seen a ton of it on all the teams I have been around for the past 8 or 9 years. These guys are cliquish. They have little groups that are tight and other guys on the team they barely talk to. Every single team I have been around is like that. Not sure that it was all that different 40 years ago when I played. I liked some guys and paid zero attention to others. We were all friends for half an hour after a win and hung out in our little cliques after a loss.

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But Brad Johnson flopped after he left us, right? Right?!